#Guardian: Why elections are bad for democracy

Luke Powell
Luke Powell

archive.is/gF5iU

Brexit is a turning point in the history of western democracy. Never before has such a drastic decision been taken through so primitive a procedure – a one-round referendum based on a simple majority. Never before has the fate of a country – of an entire continent, in fact – been changed by the single swing of such a blunt axe, wielded by disenchanted and poorly informed citizens.

Referendums and elections are both arcane instruments of public deliberation. If we refuse to update our democratic technology, we may find the system is beyond repair; 2016 already risks becoming the worst year for democracy since 1933. We may find, even after the folly of Brexit, that Donald Trump wins the American presidency later this year. But this may have less to do with Trump himself, or the oddities of the American political system, than with a dangerous road that all western democracies have taken: reducing democracy to voting.

I want to get off this ride.

Other urls found in this thread:

policy-network.net/pno_detail.aspx?ID=4760
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobite_risings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barons'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Barons'_War
twitter.com/AuerbachKeller/status/747510879151808512
monticello.org/site/jefferson/democracy-nothing-more-mob-rule
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017
abc.net.au/news/2011-07-01/brull---the-boring-truth-about-chomsky/2779086
youtube.com/watch?v=in0KFyZ3NBY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
youtu.be/4fVQwzv5Qfc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_English

Bentley Price
Bentley Price

Isn’t it bizarre that voting, our highest civic duty, boils down to an individual action performed in the silence of the voting booth? Is this really the place where we turn individual gut feelings into shared priorities? Is it really where the common good and the long term are best served?

The words “election” and “democracy” have become synonymous. We have convinced ourselves that the only way to choose a representative is through the ballot box.

Electoral fundamentalism is an unshakeable belief in the idea that democracy is inconceivable without elections and elections are a necessary and fundamental precondition when speaking of democracy. Electoral fundamentalists refuse to regard elections as a means of taking part in democracy, seeing them instead as an end in themselves, as a doctrine with an intrinsic, inalienable value.

Nolan Cooper
Nolan Cooper

democracy is outdated

That's literally a fascist motto

Gabriel Baker
Gabriel Baker

This collective hysteria has made election fever permanent and has serious consequences for the workings of democracy. Efficiency suffers under the electoral calculus, legitimacy under the continual need to distinguish oneself, while time and again, the electoral system ensures that the long term and the common interest lose out to the short term and party interests. Elections were once invented to make democracy possible, but in these circumstances they seem to be a hindrance.

What kind of democracy is appropriate to an era of fast, decentralised communication? How should the government deal with all those articulate citizens who stand shouting from the sidelines?

But a much better way to let the people speak than through a referendum is to return to the central principle of Athenian democracy: drafting by lot, or sortition as it is presently called. In ancient Athens, the large majority of public functions were assigned by lot. Renaissance states such as Venice and Florence worked on the same basis and experienced centuries of political stability. With sortition, you do not ask everyone to vote on an issue few people really understand, but you draft a random sample of the population and make sure they come to the grips with the subject matter in order to take a sensible decision. A cross-section of society that is informed can act more coherently than an entire society that is uninformed.

Xavier James
Xavier James

the will of the people when their team wins, calling democracy a broken system when they lose

progs gonna prog

Brandon Davis
Brandon Davis

By talking to a diverse cross-section of Irish society, politicians could get further than they could have by just talking to each other. By exchanging views with elected officials, citizens could give much more relevant input than they could have in an election or a referendum.

What if this procedure had been applied in the UK last week? What if a random sample of citizens had a chance to learn from experts, listen to proposals, talk to each other and engage with politicians? What if a mixed group of elected and drafted citizens had thought the matter through? What if the rest of society could have had a chance to follow and contribute to their deliberations? What if the proposal this group would have come up with had been subjected to public scrutiny? Do we think a similarly reckless decision would have been taken?

Carson Rodriguez
Carson Rodriguez

democracy only works when we get what we want

at least they're being honest for once

Asher Gray
Asher Gray

Vote didn't go my way == Voting is bad

Levi Brooks
Levi Brooks

The arguments put forward against sortition are often identical to the reasons once put forward for not allowing peasants, workers or women to vote. Then, too, opponents claimed it would mark the end of democracy. Do we think Brexit might still have been possible if citizens had been truly invited to express their grievances and search for solutions together with those they had voted for?

If David Cameron had opted for the genuine participation of citizens, he would have obtained a much clearer view of what people really wanted, a powerful list of shared priorities, an agenda for further negotiations, and created much less distrust between the masses and the ruling class. On top of that, he would have gained global admiration for daring to tackle a complex challenge by an innovative process that values people’s voices instead of counting their votes. He could have set a new standard for democracy, rather than serving as its gravedigger.

Ian Martinez
Ian Martinez

A bloo-bloo democracy doesn't work the way we want it to work. How come those racist holocaust denying goy- I mean people DISAGREE with our progrssive ideals?

Zachary Jackson
Zachary Jackson

its only a matter of time before this thinking becomes mainstream

fascist left will win unless we purge the marxists from education

Joseph Perry
Joseph Perry

Wow, you guys are fucked.

Condolences.

Angel Morris
Angel Morris

Tfw you've wanted a facist dictatorship for years
tfw the people you wanted to purge are making their own in real time before your eyes

Where did it all go so wrong?

Parker Cox
Parker Cox

Again. The saltiest of johns right now. You left something to a vote and suddenly the group that won were "uninformed"?

And even if you did do sortition, your millennial ass wouldn't of even shown up to make the decision. All this writer wants is someone they can locate, fill with a bunch of information then send them off to make their decision for them.

Jace Perez
Jace Perez

Reybrouck

oh well no surprises this lunatic has been shilling against democracy for years.

Carter Morgan
Carter Morgan

Thank you, Mr. Goldstein for showing us that demmocratic elections are bad for the ruling elite...err I mean, the goyim.

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

These people need to get out. I can only imagine how they would implement this lot system with affirmative action quotas and feeding biased information to these selected people.

Jaxson Adams
Jaxson Adams

Europe is gonna make it 3 for 3 aren't they?

Good thing I'm too old to do much more than tend my garden and resent my prostate.

Brandon Cook
Brandon Cook

draft a "random" sample of citizens, but of course make sure that it is sufficiently diverse and multicultural
"educate" them by subjecting them to turbo propaganda created by the government and various special interest groups
then let them decide the fate of 65 million people

lmao is this kike for real

Eli Nguyen
Eli Nguyen

why democracy is bad for democracy
what?

Chase Taylor
Chase Taylor

policy-network.net/pno_detail.aspx?ID=4760

Thomas Torres
Thomas Torres

Welcome to Neoliberal capitalism. You had your chance. All you had to do was organize.

Joseph Wood
Joseph Wood

Unlike the rest of the those in this thread that probably never read more than paragraph and decided to post anyway, I for one have to agree that sortition is a system that deserves some attention.

Basically you find and draw up an eligible pool of citizens ( no felons, drug addicts etc. ), hold a drawing and from it comes a small group representing a large swathe of a society.

Along with preferably a secondary elected group, they input their voices into the system.

It has a lot of merit, for one it can't be bought, if you don't know who's going to be in charge, how can you pay people off?

Zachary Scott
Zachary Scott

It's a sad day when even the Daily Mail seems more intelligent. The Guardian used to be alright, now it's blairite, love-the-smell-of-your-own-farts, shit 'hip' healthy recipes, SJW-tier bullshit

Oh, and everyone who reads it are psuedo-intelluctal idiots who are either 18 and 'progressive' or older than that and clearly think they're young

Robert Long
Robert Long

Agreed. Back to pre-French Revolution times imo.

Colton Morales
Colton Morales

Or, alternatively, it was just a bad system. As stated in the OP:

Never before has such a drastic decision been taken through so primitive a procedure – a one-round referendum based on a simple majority

This was a referendum called by a right-wing PM scared of being outflanked to the right. He assumed he could guarantee the result and put Farage back in his box. Unfortunately, Boris the Bold threw his hat into the ring on the other side. A split Leave campaign allowed each partner free to delegate the bits of the argument they found distasteful to the other partner. This was all compounded by an electorate fed up with a lot of things and keen to show them leets wot 4.

Result, a complex decision reduced to monkeys ticking boxes. And I have to ask you, is that any way to fun a fucking ballroom?

Ryan Barnes
Ryan Barnes

Liberals have hijacked the narrative surrounding the Brexit, immediately turning it into a negative event and pushing the idea people regretted it.
With the UK gone, the EU can slowly eliminate the individual nation-states.
Now the practice of Democracy can be separated from the word. The term can now be used to meaning anything.

Ok. I believe in conspiracy theories now.

John Kelly
John Kelly

lol too real

Brandon Myers
Brandon Myers

Why elections are bad for democracy

Couldn't even read the title with a straight face.

Noah Peterson
Noah Peterson

And heaven forbid that person vote "the wrong way" they'd be a goddamn social pariah.

Jackson Bailey
Jackson Bailey

They really don't like the anonymity of the voting booth obviously.

Joseph Parker
Joseph Parker

Civil war is coming to my country.
I know it.
I just know it.

Hudson Morris
Hudson Morris

You dont expect the (((elites))) to go quietly now do you?

They've allready managed to convince 99% of your people that whites are uniquely bad and dissallowed from having racial pride.
Do you think they cant convince you that not having a vote isnt better than actually having a say, and that it's actually undemocratic to have the demos (common people) kratos (rule)

We allready live in opposite-land. Their latest meme was "reportes need to be protected from mean commoners free-speech". People bought that one.
Why wouldnt they buy "Democracy needs protection from the people to be democratic"?

Hudson Smith
Hudson Smith

for one it can't be bought

yeah nah...
the people who draw the lot who is who and once that is known its even easier to manipulate since now you just need to bribe, threaten, brainwash, replace a few people and be "ok".

Nathaniel Nguyen
Nathaniel Nguyen

if you don't know who's going to be in charge, how can you pay people off?
Umm...you wait until they've been picked, and then you sidle up to them in a parking structure and offer them large wads of cash?

Seriously, I agree that sortition is a worthy system, but it's not well suited to the 21st century.

Ayden Martin
Ayden Martin

The problem comes with who gets to decide whos eligible? The poor, the uneducated, even people with criminal records all deserve representation. Like it or not they belong to the same country you do and deserve to have their voices heard.

Eli Murphy
Eli Murphy

What kinda tom-fuckery is the Guardian printing now?

Ayden Lewis
Ayden Lewis

Why even bother with elected bodies then? Seriously all this does is dilute the power of the people, which is of course what the neoliberals want.

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

Im sick an tired of having this nonsense shoved down my throat by these internet ((((((((((journalists))))))))))). This needs to stop. Now.

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

This is what Germany is creating with the European Soviet Union.

Why do you think the Brits wanted out?

Jacob Cruz
Jacob Cruz

saltiest of Johns

Who do you main friendo?

Also, good post

Dylan Foster
Dylan Foster

There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.
Winston Churchill, drunken tool of the jews.

Jack Miller
Jack Miller

make it so you must declare your vote infront of your peers and friends

I wonder who would win every election from now on

Andrew Edwards
Andrew Edwards

I'm sorry, I seem to be behind on my memes. Can someone explain what ((((((this)))))) is all about? Thanks.

Samuel Cox
Samuel Cox

But you don't live in america.

The britbongs have never had a civil war, america has.

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

The people, through democracy, prevail over the wishes of the establishment
bad year for democracy

Fucking doublespeak

Hunter Taylor
Hunter Taylor

leftists unironically calling for an end to democracy when they don't get their way

Jacob Myers
Jacob Myers

This. When you control who votes you control the outcome. It'll never be "random" or it will be until someone decides it can be used to tilt an election the way they want.

William Martinez
William Martinez

democracy is only good when we get what we want

Adrian Cruz
Adrian Cruz

There's nothing the left hates more than democracy.

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

The britbongs have never had a civil war
'murican edjoocashun

Nathaniel Richardson
Nathaniel Richardson

We should have ONE person responsible, and if he people is dissatisfied he should be killed and replaced.

It worked for thousands of years untill ZOG found the kings too hard to controll and replaced them with democracy.

Read the protocols if you havent allready. It's all there verbatim.

(((is jewish, or run by jews)))

)))is a jew-conscious non-jew(((

Oliver Perry
Oliver Perry

Actual fascism? Alright time to convince my neighbors to buy a gun before refugees settle down here.

Luke Sanders
Luke Sanders

browser extension that flagged all jews in this manner, social media throw a fit and started to use this to throw it off.

Joshua Parker
Joshua Parker

The left sure did a fast 180 after Brexit. They now share more with Hitler than any true liberal

Daniel Thompson
Daniel Thompson

We memed the wrong way. It's too late now!

Colton Barnes
Colton Barnes

Athens literally did shitloads of votes by the entire vote of the people on the Plinth. This stupid fucker doesn't know his history.

Only regular day to day functions were delegated to elected representatives, not huge shit like going to war or breaking an alliance.

Austin Adams
Austin Adams

One of the few things that keeps me going and not having a breakdown is that at least the worldwide forces of globalism are starting to take their masks off.

They're becoming more and more open/brazen.

Ryder Thompson
Ryder Thompson

Thanks

Austin Fisher
Austin Fisher

we let everyone vote and a majority voted how we didn't want
if only we could have limited it to a "random" small group then we could have been sure they would vote how the people really want

Who the fuck is this kike?

Lincoln Cooper
Lincoln Cooper

The people vs the government
the people win every time. They don't have enough people to police 350 million people, if the people ever rise they're fucked.

Jose Peterson
Jose Peterson

This is the future working class of my generation

Goddamn you no child left behind

Landon Myers
Landon Myers

tfw Brexit causes the regressive left to shill for fascism and totalitarianism

Nathaniel Parker
Nathaniel Parker

it's all wrong when it doesn't go my way
Daily reminder: we win either way.

Levi Evans
Levi Evans

They had two. War of the Roses and the actual English Civil War.

Adam Sullivan
Adam Sullivan

It almost as if the globalist elite don't yet realize that they are basically the Bourbons at the dawn of the France Revolution.

Hudson Flores
Hudson Flores

Any day now they're going to come out for slavery.

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

What is neoliberalism?

This is not a left or right wing thing.

Easton James
Easton James

That's not true. I've only just read a single sentence of yours, and already I hate you more than I hate democracy.

You are, of course, free to interpret that as a measure of my lack of contempt for democracy, or alternatively that I take anonymous internet hatred to irrational extremes.

Dylan Miller
Dylan Miller

Isaiah Harris
Isaiah Harris

Caleb Jones
Caleb Jones

Democracy is outdated

This is just contrarian bullshit spewing out of the mouth of some hipster who normally writes listicles so that he can feel intellectually superior to the entire western world, which was founded on democracy. Or maybe he really wants dictatorship, who knows.

I'M MORE POLITICALLY ACTIVE THAN OLD PEOPLE, SO MY VOTE SHOULD COUNT FOR MORE!

But what did the creators of democracy even know, anyway? I mean, they didn't even read huffpo.

Ryder Sullivan
Ryder Sullivan

Jesus dude, you're making the other burgers look bad

Eli Ross
Eli Ross

It means 4chans (((kike))) detector script is working.

Kayden Rogers
Kayden Rogers

West: We need to invade countries to give them democracy and applaud their voting to make decisions!

West: Meh, voting is dumb and doesnt even work

Samuel Morris
Samuel Morris

Let's say hypothetically the simple peasants in the UK actually did want out of the EU

By this person's rubric, how would such a thing be achieved?

Luis Martinez
Luis Martinez

What are student loans and being unable to find a decent-paying job?

Connor Kelly
Connor Kelly

implying they haven't already done that in America with all their shilling for illegals and work visas

Jose Bailey
Jose Bailey

Grauniad cuckdom

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

Just wait untill Trump wins in a landslide. This is just the beginning of (((their))) kevetching.

Juan Morris
Juan Morris

Found the progressive liberal facist.

Anything can be bought if you have the right amount of money and any control group can be swayed a certain way when the question/polling data is swayed a certain way. The "education" will undoubtedly be biased to whatever is decided to be "best" for the whole rather than showing actual, unbiased, objective information on both sides without the mudslinging.

What these facists want is the same thing that we see in teh polls: biased data the conforms to a set style of beliefs/voting procedures which produce a result that looks more favorable to the narrative. Remember how the polls were saying Remain was going to win? What happened? Leave won. Why? Because polling data was gathered from biased sources in order to push the undecided a certain direction.

The reason this article even went up is to piss on democracy as a whole and to push for reform because it didn't go their way. If Remain had actually won, this article would have NEVER shown up at all because these biased progressive think that we should all become cucks and not stand up for our rights, beliefs, or freedoms. The UK proved that democracy works even in the face of biased polls, violence, and underhanded tactics.

Luis Martinez
Luis Martinez

yeah you have to be blind to not see the similarities. Brussels is basically versailles, the politicans there is the aristocracy and the media is their army.

Kayden Rodriguez
Kayden Rodriguez

the brice of freedom D':

Aiden Jones
Aiden Jones

Using what? Forks?

Landon Cox
Landon Cox

"Democracy is a dictatorship of the main democrat" is not a meme anymore

But eurofaggots will stay blind as always

Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood

God dammit it dude.

Dominic Watson
Dominic Watson

the single most important factor for a system to be called democracy is bad for democracy

Hunter Allen
Hunter Allen

Step 1. Stigmatize Democracy
Step 2. Champion Meritocracy
Step 3. Make education more scarce, shrinking qualified leader
Step 4. Ruling class starts acting like dictators.
Step 5. Lizard people openly walk around without disguises

Hunter Harris
Hunter Harris

I think you greatly underestimate just how stupid some of us burgers can be when it comes to world history.

Luis Cruz
Luis Cruz

Let's just say, hypothetically, the simple peasants in the UK actually did want to jump off a cliff because their mates did. How would such a thing be achieved?

Jaxson Green
Jaxson Green

THE GRAUNIAD MUST FALL

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

Fucker, when Athens did this IMPORTANT shit went to referendum. ALL citizens voted.

Actually since he brings up Athens, just white free males born in the city. Lets make those the only people able to vote and fuck yeah, I'm on board. You useless numales will never get a say in anything EVER again, because women and immigrants are the only people who agree.

James Collins
James Collins

two

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobite_risings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barons'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Barons'_War

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

The power of labor, if organized and united, can easily topple most governmental system.

Thomas Nguyen
Thomas Nguyen

Read the Federalist Papers. The idea that "too much democracy is a very bad thing" was a strong part of the philosophy that shaped America. It's why we don't do global referendums, why we have the electoral college, why the senate exists, why the house of representatives is not structured like a Parliament, and on and on. A robust structure designed to give a regional cross-section of the feelings of America was what shaped our United States.

Of course, the UK is not the USA, but frankly I think we do "Democracy" better. After all, I think the EU demonstrates why a society formed "from reflection and choice" is desirable to one formed "on accident and force."

John Flores
John Flores

one round referendum

They like having rounds until they get the results they want.

Ayden Barnes
Ayden Barnes

How retarded are these people?
And they realise it now?
Thats how democracy works. You get what most people voted for.
FUKING NORMIES REEEEEEEE

"How to not be retarded trends in UK."

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

I don't get it. Are these people TRYING to get themselves guillotined?

Hudson Sullivan
Hudson Sullivan

Democracy is bad for democracy

Man, they really hate the tyranny of the majority, don't they? I guess it would've been fine if it had gone their way.

Grayson Wood
Grayson Wood

We're racing toward a French styled revolution world wide and these idiots are too blind to see it or the fact that they are going to be the cause of their own end.

Kayden Russell
Kayden Russell

Neoliberalism (the founding ideology of the EU and a belief system held by most upper class liberal/conservative elites) is basically just classical liberalism taken to its logical conclusions. Remember that democracy predates liberal thought.

Michael Long
Michael Long

Holy shit the Jews are fucking mad. Never seen so much propaganda.

OY VEY GOYIM

DEMOCRACY IS BAD

ONLY GOOD GOYS CAN VOTE. EVERY ONE ELSE IS AN EVIL NAZI FILLED WITH HATE.

Bentley Martinez
Bentley Martinez

Well the only way we would get a fascist dictatorship to round of em up, would be if they did it themselves first. Everything is turning out nicely actually

Parker Roberts
Parker Roberts

you can't have a civil war because guns are against the law

Bless you Canada. The true north, strong and very law abiding.

Angel Lewis
Angel Lewis

So you're saying there should be no possible way for them to ever get out of the EU even if the people wanted it? How fucked up is that?

The founding fathers gave America the tools in the constitution to rewrite our entire system of government if the people wanted. And Brian can't even get out of a trade pact

If this wasn't done through a referendum, the politicians would succumb to the pressure from lobbyists and elites and it would never happen

Juan Murphy
Juan Murphy

Surely if we just fake more polls, surely this will swing things in our favour!

Fucking retards. Can't wait till they all hang.

Doesn't even have to be illegal. Willing to bet there are files on every one of the conspiring to commit treason.

Connor Morris
Connor Morris

It has a lot of merit, for one it can't be bought, if you don't know who's going to be in charge, how can you pay people off?

Those with enough money to have to free time to always petition them, you dumb ass.

MOST people work too long of hours to get any serious face-time with politicians.

Meanwhile rich people can socialize with them, invite to retreats to gain their ear, and generally just be in their lives more.

Choosing my lot solves nothing.

Hudson Sanders
Hudson Sanders

I am just here waiting that UK gets some SJW dictator.

Jack Walker
Jack Walker

Thanks for the replies but I count about 8 of them.

Gonna need about 7 more if I plan on meeting the shit post quota.

Britbongs have never had an actual meaningful civil war like america has.

Ian Carter
Ian Carter

Noam Chomsky is one of the finest useful idiots of the global capitalist elite.

protecting your borders is fascism, goy

Carson Collins
Carson Collins

Am I taking crazy pills?

Are these people honestly saying that voting is bad for democracy? What the fuck does that even mean? I want off this ride.

Josiah Barnes
Josiah Barnes

Goddamn

Kayden Kelly
Kayden Kelly

Let's abandon this system that has held up for thousands of years because wahhh

Gabriel Martinez
Gabriel Martinez

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

having a pure democracy
Don't say we didn't warn you.

Caleb Davis
Caleb Davis

I know these ideas are out there but it's fascinating to see the middle class progressive left voicing them.

They want a "benevolent" technocracy lording over us all, they think it will be ok because they identify as the cutlural elite. I doubt the Nomencltura felt any different during the glory days of the soviet union. Charming.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one. I'm amazed they get away with portraying themselves as the good guys.

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

Fuck off retarded

The government could pick people from areas that believe the answer the want
The information they give them in the information stage could be misleading propaganda

Dylan Diaz
Dylan Diaz

Fascists

Ayden Martin
Ayden Martin

Jesus fucking Christ.
elections are racist and privileged!

The elite should simply get to pick representatives, none of this election garbage

Dominic Turner
Dominic Turner

These are the same fucking people that directly CAUSED both the referendum happening in the first place AND the majority vote for leave by howling at any criticisms of immigration with wassist wassist wahhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhh. Do they have zero fucking self awareness? If you shut down criticism people and their votes will go elsewhere. Why is this so hard a concept for these fucking idiots to understand?

Nicholas Kelly
Nicholas Kelly

Kek.That made my day user. Truly a direct descendant of Thomas Paine.

Thomas Richardson
Thomas Richardson

Finally someone understood. This is the revenge of the ancient regime. I'm happy that in the future I can fight for the enlightned oligarchy without have to deal with the "elections result" of the paesants.

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

we should let a small unelected population decide how the country is run.
TOTALLY NOT TOTALITARIAN GUYS. TOTALLY NOT. THIS IS DEMOCRACY.

I bet this bitch calls Trump Hitler and acts all fucking smug like she is better than everyone else.

That is one trait that I FUCKING HATE the most in people, people who act like everyone else is below them while they are fucking blind of the truth.

Jaxon Harris
Jaxon Harris

How is it, then, with a process so simple even the dead can vote in any election, that these "intellectual youth", these "articulate citizens" still can't figure out how to vote?

David Ross
David Ross

There it is.

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

I really hope this is bait.

Carter Richardson
Carter Richardson

So you're saying there should be no possible way for them to ever get out of the EU even if the people wanted it?
No. What I'm saying is that in a representative democracy, the responsible approach to a massive populist desire for something inherently dangerous would be to present the case against, clearly and simply. If that failed to convince, then yes, reluctantly the retarded path would have to be taken.

Unfortunately, in this instance, nothing could be further from the truth. Both sides of the argument were riven with political self-interest and presented distorted views of reality to the electorate. That the leave campaign did so most egregiously is pretty much undeniable.

Nathan Smith
Nathan Smith

Frankly I don't give a shit about what belief system is held by its governing body, the structure of government should be such that it accommodates any belief system that the people hold at the time (not all governments do, but those that don't are very poor governmental structures). The point is the EU was formed by creating new organisms, procedures, and backroom deals any time an emergency that it was not equipped to handle happened. Sure this happens in America, with new agencies getting formed and new interpretations of the constitution happen, but the very constitution of the EU seems to be one shifting mess. It rushed to try and grow its authority to places it never expected to have to manage and because of this it's a patchwork mess that holds no one accountable and does not circulate well.

Thomas Hughes
Thomas Hughes

Capitalists are going to destroy those anyways. Do you honestly think the neoliberal establishment is going to let the UK get away with this unscathed? The struggle over Brexit has only just begun.

Easton Morales
Easton Morales

what is the war of the roses
I really hope this is webm related

Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor

I hate it when niggers like you share my flag.

Jose Wilson
Jose Wilson

Having only land owning whites being allowed to vote because they were the only ones who were probably the only group able to read and write was wrong.
This same argument is being used against allowing a small population that is unelected being able to decide the government.

HAHHA YES, THOSE POOR FUCKING WORKERS AND STUPID PLEBS DON'T KNOW HOW TO VOTE CORRECTLY, WE SHOULD ONLY LET AN UPPER CLASS DECIDE THE FATE OF THEM.

Holy shit I am LIVID right now.

William Hill
William Hill

It's a good thing that leftists are authoritarian sore losers. Times like these quickly reveal their true faces.

twitter.com/AuerbachKeller/status/747510879151808512

Julian Smith
Julian Smith

that damage, you're not controlling it

Carson Peterson
Carson Peterson

Bourbons were much more kind and merciful than any globalist
Globalists are Jacobins though it is in question on whether this is the start of The Terror or the downfall of Robespierre

Charles Cook
Charles Cook

Select a crosssection of the publuc to vote on issues.
Rig the selection process so only people with your political views get to vote, or skew the eduction process in favor or you views.

The left are now saying that the people can't be trusted to make decisions for themselves because when they do, they vote against leftist policy.

This is their end game. The communist state, where the party makes all the decisions bolstered by the self appointed "intellectual" class.

I can't wait till this all come crashing down and we can hang these freedom hating traitors from the highest trees.

Carson Ramirez
Carson Ramirez

TRIGGERED

Angel Ortiz
Angel Ortiz

Wow, a leftist who hates the idea that the people want to have a say in who rules them.
Not some random elite in another country they had no choice in choosing, but their own countrymen.
The sheer gall of these commoners.

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

This shit is all over the media. Even CBC is talking about it.

Democracy doesn't work when the minority population losses.

Someone was arguing with me on facebook that Brexit is bad because the people who lost are upset at the major changes.

I said nothing changed, the economy is fine and the pound stabilized in a day.

Fuck, my brain... I can't think anymore... my brain hurts... my fucking brain is hurting...
Why are people so stupid?

Brandon Hughes
Brandon Hughes

post yfw this backfired, and the west adopts Fascist dictatorships

Daniel Harris
Daniel Harris

I'm fucking triggered.

Though it's certainly something to see Sup Forums defending democracy and the mainstream media denouncing it. This world is getting crazier by the day.

Zachary Russell
Zachary Russell

lets see how can be the greater fascists
they are in for a ride

great time to be around, next 10 years will be the best

Elijah Hughes
Elijah Hughes

The communist state, where the party makes all the decisions bolstered by the self appointed "intellectual" class.

What is this shit? Capitalism is still going to be king. In a way those changes would be good for everyone since anti-market bullshit would be much harder to promote/.

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

The Nazis are gonna win but it's gonna be the multicultural nigger loving Nazis

Thomas Roberts
Thomas Roberts

Jebus this guy

The critical opinions of an outspoken public are reshaping the world. Whose voice is going to be heard? That’s the key question today. In Europe, before the invention of moveable type, the circle consisted of only a few hundred individuals: abbots, princes and kings decided which texts would be copied and which would not. But the printing press saw to it that thousands of people suddenly gained that same power. The old authority was brought down, and Gutenberg’s invention heralded the shift from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. But with the arrival of social media, it seems as though everyone suddenly owns a printing press! Or perhaps it’s more like everyone is running a scriptorium. The man on the street is no longer a reader, but an editor-in-chief, and that has resulted in a drastic power shift. Huge, established companies are brought to their knees by the actions of a single, dissatisfied customer. Dictatorships once considered unshakeable lose their grip on the masses, who organize themselves with the use of social media.

This guy is a historian, according to him, the uprisings in the eastern block wouldn't be possible without social media.

Parker Anderson
Parker Anderson

Sup Forums isnt fascist
we dont mind fascism when we do it with nationalism (preferably ethno-nationalism)

Jose Perry
Jose Perry

Brexit made the world go upside down.

Jacob Gomez
Jacob Gomez

sobald der krieg beginnt werden wir die strassen mit antifablut fluten
ich kann es kaum erwarten

Levi Garcia
Levi Garcia

you're making the other burgers look bad

it's okay. we're all use to it. and just because he's on Sup Forums I'm certain that he's still more informed than 80% of our population. many americans don't even know that the uk is a country.

Chase Lee
Chase Lee

Is it jews? just looks like supremely butthurt libcucks to me.

Hunter Long
Hunter Long

where the party makes all the decisions bolstered by the self appointed "intellectual" class.
That's bad but then again, so's going to your GP and having him tell you that you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

Grayson Barnes
Grayson Barnes

Sup Forums was the good guys all along
No seriously autistic NEETs who worship Hitler are better people than journalists and world leaders
Be very afraid

Dylan Butler
Dylan Butler

And what would stop the president from getting the information on who the lots are being drawn?

Elections are bought right now with lobbyists and advertisements. THIS WOULD ONLY MAKE IT WORSE BECAUSE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT ENOUGH PEOPLE SEE YOUR AD SPACE ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS GO DOWN THE LIST OF EVERYONE ON THE LOT AND GIVE THEM A SHIT TON OF CASH AND THEN DO WHAT EVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

Alright new vote for limitless terms for the president, 100% aye 0% nay
Alright new vote for increasing power of the executive branch, 100% aye 0% nay
Alright new vote for ratifying the constitution, 99.9% aye .1% nay (they later died in a 'mysterious accident')
Alright new vote for giving the government the power to execute people for dissenting opinions, 100% aye 0% nay

Samuel Lee
Samuel Lee

They think voting anti democratic and want the government to be able to pick the only people who will vote (a small handful, 32 was the number given), and then pump them with propaganda.

Noah Ross
Noah Ross

1933. We may find, even after the folly of Brexit, that Donald Trump

Hitsler

Blake Robinson
Blake Robinson

Look up author
Born 9/11
I don't trust him.

Kayden James
Kayden James

The arrogance is beyond belief.

They will thumb their nose up at the people to the bitter fucking end.

And the end is coming.

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts

not bait m8

war of the roses wasnt a real revolution. it was just some royal fags trying to gain control and using britbongs as pawns.

hes still disagreeing with me!
must be damage control!

cmon I need about 4 more replies

Jack Williams
Jack Williams

I'm ashamed your American

Adam Parker
Adam Parker

many americans don't even know that the uk i̶s̶ was a country

Leo Thomas
Leo Thomas

your'e*(gonna get so much shit for this)

Ayden Bennett
Ayden Bennett

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU FUCKING KIKES THINK I DONT HATE EVERY SINGLE TRIPLE NIGGER WHO VOTED LIBERAL LAST YEAR? OF COURSE I FUCKING DO, I WANT THEM TO TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT CLIFF. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, A VOTE WAS HELD AND THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE FUCKED US. I'M NOT BLAMING THE SYSTEM THAT ALLOWED THAT TO HAPPEN, I'M BLAMING THE UNHOLY RETARDS THAT VOTED FOR IT.

ARTICLES LIKE THIS ARE DRIVING ME UP THE GODDAMN WALL FUCK

Mason Howard
Mason Howard

This translates to nothing more than the globalists crying because they lost.

James Hughes
James Hughes

I see your logic now. On the other hand, the US has never had any real wars. It's just been a bunch of presidents using their subjects as pawns for their own goals.

Tyler Cooper
Tyler Cooper

People are stupid because they have been conditioned to think stupidly. If not for my based grandfather, I might have turned into a tumblr SJW. School and university poisons the mind, because the globalists use them to push their agenda.

Essentially, leftism is a cult, but on a worldwide scale.

Josiah Robinson
Josiah Robinson

Why are people so stupid?

They've been indoctrinated their whole lives to think a certain way, and to react emotionally when their beliefs are challenged. They're just the useful idiots for the elites, who are the ones now openly threatening to take away every last vestige of freedom and prosperity that we still possess. Scary times.

John Harris
John Harris

Liberals love dictatorship, they just don't like the word. They don't like the word because normally dictatorships do not promote faggots.

Jackson Smith
Jackson Smith

In the past five years, the European Union’s official research bureau found that less than 30% of Europeans had faith in their national parliaments and governments – some of the lowest figures in years, and an indication that almost three-quarters of people distrust their countries’ most important political institutions.
Gee golly wiz I wonder if this has something to do with the fucking referendums the national parliaments and governments ignore all the time????????

Turns out if you don't listen to the people they stop trusting you with their future.

WOW WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

Matthew Price
Matthew Price

primitive a procedure

Anthony Scott
Anthony Scott

Instead of elections we should have focus groups who are propagandized before making a decision

Ho Le Fuck

Julian Nelson
Julian Nelson

I swear Chomsky is the only non comedian leftists ever cite. I'm sick of seeing "Chomsky refutes..." videos show up in my suggested watch lists and them basically amounting to "rich people make money you see and that's bad".

Oliver Brown
Oliver Brown

Why are stay fags throwing such a hiss fit.

I can honestly say leavers would have never cried so hard in their lives.

Election didn't go your way? Move on.

It's really that simple.

Austin Perry
Austin Perry

We had the civil war m8, people gave it their all on that one more than anything.

It was us against the kikes and we won, the kikes got shafted so hard they killed Lincoln.

Need 3 more replies pls

Gavin Robinson
Gavin Robinson

The point is that "intellectuals" are no longer intelligent, or when they are intelligent they are no longer honest. Orwell observed that there are things so stupid that only an intellectual would believe them, and that is much more true in our time than it was in his.

Henry Rogers
Henry Rogers

The Guardian supports totalitarianism

oh wow im so surprised

Zachary Taylor
Zachary Taylor

they literally spent the entire campaign, millions of pounds of adverts saying the sky was going to fall if they left the EU.

Now its because they didn't give the experts a forum? who's fault is that? they dragged any and all expert they could find in front of a camera and made doomsday predictions. If anything they were wrong, and they are desperate to misdirect.

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

Don't sully Jefferson's good name with that shit "quote"

monticello.org/site/jefferson/democracy-nothing-more-mob-rule

Caleb Stewart
Caleb Stewart

Jesus fucking Christ, you are embarrassing us!

Leo Miller
Leo Miller

It's pretty obvious you have never actually read or even watched any of his stuff. Most liberals dislike him because he is more or less redpilled about a lot of their stupid bullshit.

Gavin Johnson
Gavin Johnson

Athens would like a word with the author

Caleb Kelly
Caleb Kelly

He's completely ignoring the English Civil War which resulted in almost 200,000 deaths (out of a population of 5 million), brought the monarchy to heel, and laid the groundwork for a full Parliamentary takeover during the Glorious Revolution

Jason Scott
Jason Scott

I used to think that there should be an IQ test or similar to weed out shitskins, but now I'm worried millennials would still pass, while cutting off some of the working class people that helped push brexit.

Thoughts?

Ethan Hughes
Ethan Hughes

The best part about these people is they have their names attached to all these fascist blogs for the Day of the Rope.

Dominic Nelson
Dominic Nelson

Translation?

People voted against our interests. This can be prevented in the future by abolishing democracy and erecting a totalitarian state state in its place that will be run by the "moral elites" of our society.

Benjamin Moore
Benjamin Moore

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Cameron Gonzalez
Cameron Gonzalez

get your way for years
lose once
demand that we end democracy

One day these people will hang

Brody Perez
Brody Perez

the vital part of democracy is bad for democracy
In other news, cancer is good for you, blaze it faggot!

Sebastian Peterson
Sebastian Peterson

we can't possibly "educate" the the entire populace

Jack Butler
Jack Butler

The problem with anything like this is the government can skew the test however they like.

Kayden Miller
Kayden Miller

LOL YOU'RE SO STUPID
proceeds to provide no counter argument whatsoever
fuck off retard.

Colton Perry
Colton Perry

I bitched and bitched about the Iraq war and how it was illegal. How stupid politicians lied, how they tricked everyone, blah blah blah.

Finally... 15 years later, people get a chance to push back against the corrupt gangs of individuals causing all this shit and breaking our economy, and everyone starts defending them because the few people speaking against them are too outspoken!!

I am at the point now where I am going to start losing friends because of my political position.
I'm not even really a conservative!!

Michael Allen
Michael Allen

Democracy is not broken. The fact that we've allowed corporations and special interests with secret agendas to poison our elections with false information is the thing we must fix.

It's time we remove corporations from politics and hold the media accountable for lies and disinformation.

Jordan Rivera
Jordan Rivera

This. People who claim to be "intellectual" are usually so far up their own ass they can smell what they had for dinner yesterday. It's dangerous though because you get people like the OP who genuinely believe that the people must be ruled over for their own good.

It's totalitarian and disgusting.

Nathaniel Rodriguez
Nathaniel Rodriguez

implying leaving the EU is a bad thing

Good goyim.

Owen Morales
Owen Morales

In principle their idea is right: democracy has a fundamental flaw, that is, the belief that because a majority of people voted on an issue we should make so for the whole other half of people who voted against.

How do we fix it? That's what the article misses.

We fix it by providing a limited state, so people would never have the power to limit others people freedom.

Jose Adams
Jose Adams

Athens did that because they couldn't get enough people to vote on their own. Who fact checks this bullshit?

Adam Russell
Adam Russell

indoctrinating 60 million people is much harder than indoctrinating a few thousand 'sample' people that you get to pick and choose in the first place.

pick 5000 random london residents
feed them government approved 'information' for 2 weeks straight
95% victory for remain! glorious EU defeats backwards dumb nazis in a landslide!

this is literally what they want

Michael Williams
Michael Williams

What about Scotland?
Or Ireland in the 1900's?

Or Cromwell?

They've had 100 civil wars. At least. It's a United Kingdom because it didn't used to be United.

Jack Morales
Jack Morales

What universe am I in? Because it seems like the one were everything is shit.

Ryan White
Ryan White

That the leave campaign did so most egregiously is pretty much undeniable.

You mispelled Remain.

Ethan Perry
Ethan Perry

I am at the point now where I am going to start losing friends because of my political position.
I'm not even really a conservative!!

I'm a conservative (a real one, not a neo-cohen fake one), and I can tell you that anyone who doesn't want to be your friend because of your political opinions was never really your friend to begin with. Genuine friendship entails personal affection and loyalty.

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

You've been fooled by a lie

abc.net.au/news/2011-07-01/brull---the-boring-truth-about-chomsky/2779086

Nicholas Campbell
Nicholas Campbell

2063. Most of the other timelines have collapsed though, so there's no going back.

Charles Perez
Charles Perez

The UK never adopted the Euro, they were never a big part of the EU. The more I watch on what the EU does, they really are useless these days.
There are too many restrictions trading outside the EU, and with Asia and other economies starting to build it, it just makes sense for the UK to expand it's market passed shitty EU.

Angel Hughes
Angel Hughes

If digits then UK civil war with globalist NATO forces against the patriotic Briton.

Thomas Murphy
Thomas Murphy

britbong only.

our civil wars are more efficient, we only needed 1 every 200 years.

Jacob Brooks
Jacob Brooks

Common sense test. There

Jaxon Barnes
Jaxon Barnes

Just fucking kill me already.

I want to get off this ride

Zachary Cooper
Zachary Cooper

I've had to unfriend over a dozen people on Facebook because they fell for lies, then started hurling insults at the people who didn't fall for the lies. That's how tragic their stupidity is.

Matthew Allen
Matthew Allen

source?

Connor Morales
Connor Morales

They aren't used to losing these days. Imagine the butthurt if trump is elected. I promise you there will be calls to revolt published in major news websites.

Matthew Barnes
Matthew Barnes

It's not our fault you're clinically retarded.

Just because we had our civil war before the US existed, it doesn't mean it never happened.

Landon Thompson
Landon Thompson

Yea but we live in the real world, so making most people happy is all we can hope for

Kevin Diaz
Kevin Diaz

world has gone to shit. Big whoop

Like we would leave the comfort of oure apartments to change anything.

desktop legion

Evan Nelson
Evan Nelson

Orwell observed that there are things so stupid that only an intellectual would believe them
And by that he meant that no ordinary man could be ever be foolish?

Noah Adams
Noah Adams

Leaving the EU isn't going to do anything really. The majority of the existed necessary economic deals will just be renegotiated, no one will devalue the pound, and the UK will start trading more outside of Europe and expand it's borders.

The EU, on the other hand, will lose funding for a useless bureaucracy that restricts it's nations from expanding and the countries will continue to perform poorly and lag behind North America and China.

Anthony Bennett
Anthony Bennett

Just because we had our civil war before the US existed, it doesn't mean it never happened.
nigger none of those are civil wars.

just rich fags fighting thats it, you've been puppets to the elite for centuries.

Anthony Davis
Anthony Davis

jesus but cameron IS a fucking right winger

i mean im anti EU for left leaning reasons, but i was also hoping for bremain for my own personal greedy reasons for myself and my family

Landon Martinez
Landon Martinez

"A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, ‘You are mad; you are not like us.”

(St. Anthony the Great)

Josiah Wright
Josiah Wright

10% of the nation's population died
just rich fags fighting

Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia

Topkek

Xavier Hill
Xavier Hill

Well yes, that was what I was implying. If you had a more credible rebuttal than tired memes (of questionable grammatical legitimacy) then I might be interested in explaining the point further.

Adrian Cook
Adrian Cook

UK will...expand it's borders
dude fucking what?
The EU, on the other hand, will lose funding for a useless bureaucracy
except the whole "UK got more than it gave"
that restricts it's nations from expanding
?

Oliver Ortiz
Oliver Ortiz

Funny. Entirely inaccurate, but still funny.

David Baker
David Baker

Enough of this shit.

Colton Martinez
Colton Martinez

cameron IS a fucking right winger

cameron is a right winger as much as blair was a left winger - that means not at all.
this new breed of eurocuck politician is "conservative" or "labour" or "left" or "right" in name only - in truth, they are all globalists who seek to undermine the nation and profit at the expense of the working class white man, by any means necessary.

Justin Reyes
Justin Reyes

I've had to unfriend over a dozen people on Facebook

the current year
still using kikebook

Ayden King
Ayden King

Fuck off commie Brexit is awesome. Also those college educated fags are the ones who are pushing for the great cuckening to islam and feminism so good luck getting a good test with an intelligencia like that

Gavin Thompson
Gavin Thompson

so it begins, the fourth reich is here everyone

Jace Harris
Jace Harris

cameron IS a fucking right winger
Being in the "conservative" party doesn't make him right wing.
He's still pro immigration and pro "refugee" and just all around shit.

Daniel Garcia
Daniel Garcia

UK got more than it gave
are you a meme?

Lucas Morales
Lucas Morales

EU is so god tier Orwellian it suggests that democracy is anti democratic.
FTFY

Camden Barnes
Camden Barnes

Fuck "sortition".

DIRECT DEMOCRACY NOW!

Elijah Carter
Elijah Carter

When you thought fascism was anything other than Marxism under another name.

Jordan Howard
Jordan Howard

Just so. Cameron is enthusiastically pro-immigration, pro-"green" energy scams, pro-same sex "marriage", etc. He's only a right-winger from the vantage point of a Communist.

Dominic Parker
Dominic Parker

nigger none of those are civil wars.

you don't know what a civil war is you dump nigger

A civil war is a war between organized groups within the same state or country,[1] or, less commonly, between two countries created from a formerly united state.

Gavin Cox
Gavin Cox

That's the problem with Fascism. You might be the one getting holocausted.

Sebastian Myers
Sebastian Myers

Obviously I mean trade borders, and see graph above.

Luis Butler
Luis Butler

LOl wtf became of the Guardian. How did they ever carry Snowden's leaks in the first place?

Jacob Gray
Jacob Gray

Ahhhhh this is glorious, now the left get to taste the bitter pill of democracy, funny how they don't think democracy is shit when their marxist overlords are elected into power.

Leo Hughes
Leo Hughes

Leaving the EU isn't going to do anything really
Apart from access to the single market. Which we quite like. Oh and passporting to the EU for the City of London, which contributes 24% of our current GDP and is now about to bugger off to Dublin or Paris (if you're interested, potato fags, I hope you get the business).

But then again, perhaps none of that will actually matter, because we'll just negotiate a Norway style deal. So the only thing that will have changed is our inclusion in the decision making process.

Oliver Bell
Oliver Bell

Sure, technically you've had civil wars. But I don't think you ever had one on the scale of the US revolutionary war and definitely never on the scale of the US Civil War.

50% of all US war deaths were in the civil war. This includes when you count up the death tolls of all the wars before it, the world wars, vietnam, etc.

Landon Hall
Landon Hall

People with this opinion need to go fuck themselves, and then watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=in0KFyZ3NBY

John Martinez
John Martinez

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

Oh it's the people who voted, the voting process, that's the problem!

Not the misrepresentation of details, facts and public deception!

Daily Reminder that World Media was telling Britain to Remain. That everything was telling it to be a good dog and stay.

They said no. Somehow the globalists fucked up. They likely rigged the vote and still lost. They didn't plan ahead for widespread flooding. They severely fucked up.

That's why stock panic set in. Because there were very clear set plans on the table, at places such as Bilderberg that did not account for this.

This may have been the first human victory against these scumfucks since 1900.

Jose Brown
Jose Brown

Leftists only care about the ends. They're ideal world is the pharmaceutical lobby, Monsanto, and etc, deciding all public policy, because they companies employ scientists.

Brandon Thompson
Brandon Thompson

HOLY KIKES BATMAN.

Kevin Anderson
Kevin Anderson

Based Rex. I can't believe he's still allowed on the CBC, to be honest.

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

No, is just that a fool can be self-aware that he is a fool.
A person that calls themselves an intellectual can never be self-aware enough to call himself stupid.

Wyatt Kelly
Wyatt Kelly

1 post by this ID
every time

Christopher Harris
Christopher Harris

*Their

Christian Wright
Christian Wright

god

stopped listening

Hunter Sanchez
Hunter Sanchez

David Van Reybrouck is a Flemish (((Belgian))) author

Jayden Martinez
Jayden Martinez

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Landon Diaz
Landon Diaz

50% of all US war deaths were in the civil war
Which merely proves the US is extremely reluctant to risk its personnel in wars with serious opponents.

You didn't bother showing up for WW1 until it was basically over
You havered over WW2 until Pearl Harbour. >You seriously misunderestimated the VC and ended with a 'strategic' withdrawal.

Of course the only war in which American casualties could outnumber those of the enemy was one which fought against yourselves.

Parker Thompson
Parker Thompson

I love the mental gymnastic doublethink these kike rats are hurriedly trying to pull.
I agree, elections are bad, so Imperial rule NOW.
PRAISE GOD EMPEROR TRUMP

Landon Diaz
Landon Diaz

Holy fuck.

Sounds like his retirement speech.

Nolan King
Nolan King

I actually agree with these authors. We should abolish women's suffrage because retarded women voting is indeed bad for democracy. :^)

Camden Foster
Camden Foster

If there was any evidence supporting the claim that major media outlets are controlled by big money interests, the post-Brexit media would be it.

So is Germany the only productive country remaining in the EU?

Chase Turner
Chase Turner

how many pro monsanto leftists do you actually personally know IRL?

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

You should continue listening, he didn't use God in a literal sense.

Chase Clark
Chase Clark

Your ignorance is your own fault, not mine.

The ideology of the far right is classical liberalism. The ideology of the far left is totalitarianism. Only one of those ideologies permits democracy.

Hudson Ortiz
Hudson Ortiz

you draft a random sample of the population and make sure they come to the grips with the subject matter in order to take a sensible decision.
There is no such thing as a random sample of people when census data for any area can tell you what the average person in that area thinks.
And anyone in charge of making sure these people are informed is going to make sure they're informed on why the organiser's will is best.

David Russell
David Russell

Nicely phrased. Meaningless drivel, but nicely phrased.

Seriously, your contention is that it is only possible for an idiot to be self-aware? I shiggy that diggy. I shiggy it!

Bentley Jenkins
Bentley Jenkins

there are too many uninformed people voting
therefore we should remove the privilege of people to vote
This kike just can't keep his kikerlevel down. Obviously, if people aren't informed enough today then the correct path to take is to increase the awareness and knowledge of the common folk. If a man can't fish, you teach him to fish, not remove his fishing rod.

Sebastian Ross
Sebastian Ross

The people who write these articles are retarded. People voted for Brexit because they want to stop Muslim immigration. I don't think Brexit will actually accomplish this, but people will keep voting for farther and farther right parties until someone actually stops it. There's nothing "racist" about points-based immigration systems like Australia or Canada use. Low-IQ immigration dosen't benefit societies in general. If you actually feel bad for people in the Middle East, stop bombing their countries and stop patronizing them and apologizing for bad behavior by immigrants who come to the EU.

Unless Muslim immigration is stopped, we will have a fascist shitshow in Europe, and the Middle East will be no better off. I can't see how this is better than halting Muslim immigration and maintaing a functioning Europe.

Lucas Carter
Lucas Carter

How do I Google? How do I basic history?

Jayden Garcia
Jayden Garcia

Actually brits don't seem to mind the muzzies. It’s the poles that they hate. Anglos hate other white people for some strange reason.

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

I've never seen Rex so savage on an issue. Seems that fucking with the fundamentals of democracy really get him riled up.

James Ward
James Ward

kek spot the american , they can't go past political labels.

Chase Watson
Chase Watson

What if a random sample of citizens had a chance to learn from experts, listen to proposals, talk to each other and engage with politicians?
"THIS IS THE INQUISITION HALL OF JUSTICE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE AS WE HAVE EXPLAINED TO YOU? AND HOW WILL YOU VOTE? NO! TAKE THEM AWAY!!!!"

Thomas Morales
Thomas Morales

They don't teach kids civics. Just about slavery. It's really sad. I like democracy but without educating the people why it's good and the elite only doing critical theory and identity politics, democracy is over.

Evan Evans
Evan Evans

I have always thought the legislative should be composed of a number of houses, one representing elected officials, one representing local governments, a few representing particular interests (like, say, one for economics, one for religions, etc.), all passing through a sortrition congress with the power to send them back, veto them, or pass them.

Leo Cruz
Leo Cruz

This doesn't really surprise me at all.

Powerful groups (Jews, Illuminati, whatever you want to call them) are realizing that the internet is disrupting their ability to control people through mainstream mediums of information. Democracy has been convenient for them because they could push whatever narrative they wanted on the people. I expect to see a lot more of an anti-democratic push in the next few years, especially if Trump wins.

Adrian Wright
Adrian Wright

If a man can't fish, you teach him to fish, not remove his fishing rod
I seem to have missed the fishing lessons in the run-up to the referendum. Perhaps you could remind me of them?

Jace Hall
Jace Hall

Anglos were a mistake.

Carter Davis
Carter Davis

People actually read this dribble
If this doesn't scream left wing propaganda idk what does.

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

The sentiment has merit.
The gun took away the power of the ruling class, who once owned what was essentially a warrior caste with access to arms, armour, and training that set them beyond a peasant's ability to challenge. Guns let any John with a week's time to practice destroy a knight reared from youth to battle.
Social media is taking away the power of the mainstream media and allowing any John with a computer to disseminate conflicting narrative, breaking the establishment's stranglehold on public information.

Benjamin Jones
Benjamin Jones

The Eurozone is collapsing. Like a burning building, do you want to be the last to leave?

Nolan Carter
Nolan Carter

Somewhere along the segment where you lost and you are salty about it.

Colton Murphy
Colton Murphy

Instead of a long and bloody civil war, a country declares independence with only a 3% drop in the Dow Jones after a week
This is somehow a bad thing

ITS 2016
T
S

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

Brit measures martial prowess by how many friendly casualties you suffer

Explains a lot about British tactics, come to think of it.

Julian Lopez
Julian Lopez

It was a long process over many years, m8.
Every single major media outlet, celebrities that get paid to spout political nonsense, and both parties that fuck you over regularly told you to vote remain.
Eventually, your people realized that they can't keep trying to eat rocks, because it's not food and it hurts when you try to eat it.

then 'leave' won because your people were tired of the propaganda machine

Michael Clark
Michael Clark

nigger because you got used like the dumb niggers that you are.

american civil wars were because the people told our leaders to do it, not the other way around.

in britbong they happen because rich fag 1 tells his peasants to fight against rich fags 2's peasants.

Jace Russell
Jace Russell

Elections
Bad for democracy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE FUCKING BROKE THEM

Carson Carter
Carson Carter

Writer from the Islamic State of Belgium, who's entire career is about kissing the dicks of The Congo is assmad about the results of Brexit

I don't think there's possibly a more fitting situation for using the perjorative of "angry cuck."

Ryder Watson
Ryder Watson

What, were you the only one who didn't have fish and chips after the referendum?

Jacob Nguyen
Jacob Nguyen

This anti-democracy bullshit is all over the place.

There is no way they would be publishing any of this shit if Remain won by 2%
Headlines would be
"Democracy works great; Remain side wins"
"All sides satisfied with results"
"Tensions cool and Brits celebrate in pubs"
"Racism at all time low; only a few incidents against poles and a mosque"

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

Don't confuse Brussel with Flanders.

It's like calling Detroit American.

David Harris
David Harris

no felons, drug addicts

Wow, move to Utah, faggot.
They're right up your ally

Lincoln White
Lincoln White

They didn't account for a meme army of the people. We will have mythical status in the pantheon of memers. These are the times of lore lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

Easton Gray
Easton Gray

Don't say we didn't warn you.
Let me guess you think that republic means something other than not being ruled by a monarchy?

Bentley King
Bentley King

It really looks like it.

Jeremiah Peterson
Jeremiah Peterson

I don't need to convince you, we're already going.

Landon Richardson
Landon Richardson

Would that your were correct, my burger-addled friend. Unfortunately, your political insights bear all the hallmarks of a Trumptard.

I used to believe Trump would never win. Now I wish he does. If we have to burn then I want to take as many others with us as possible.

Joshua Perez
Joshua Perez

Its shit either way, you're all morons and i dont want you having a say in my future. I'd rather have panels of highly qualified experts in their respective fields make decisions.

Jaxson Myers
Jaxson Myers

What was Stalin an expert on?

Nathaniel Clark
Nathaniel Clark

One of the few things that keeps me going and not having a breakdown is that at least the worldwide forces of globalism are starting to take their masks off.
This. What the fuck is going on?
Euro "super state"
TPP
The North American Caucus
They're coming out.

Lincoln Cook
Lincoln Cook

Not the point I was making. Still, at least you had the good sense to use a Brit for your accompanying image.

Michael Ortiz
Michael Ortiz

Yes, we are. Thanks for that. Enjoy the repercussions. You've earned them.

Austin Flores
Austin Flores

Your post reads like you're 16 years old dude.

Austin Bennett
Austin Bennett

I wholeheartedly agree. Democracy sucks. ALL HAIL EMPEROR TRUMP

Thomas White
Thomas White

Fucking your mom, but thats not a subject that takes long to master.

Thomas Jackson
Thomas Jackson

They're coming out.

They are indeed. And what are we going to do about it? Solzhenitsyn said that the Russian people did not love freedom enough; let's not make the same mistake.

Isaiah Foster
Isaiah Foster

I would quite like to be 16 again.

Your post reads like you have nothing of substance to offer. I don't think I would enjoy that.

Owen Thompson
Owen Thompson

Don't defend democracy on my Sup Forums

GTFO

Xavier Davis
Xavier Davis

What an interesting accent. Pretty cozy.

Nathan Green
Nathan Green

You can be as emotional as you want.

This is no longer about "Progressives" vs. "Conservatives"

This is now about "Neo-liberal globalist corporate hegemony" vs. "Populist, isolationism".

There is a power grab going on right now. England just either avoided it or delayed the inevitable. You need to start paying attention to what's going on because you are a schmuck like the rest of us.

Alexander Perez
Alexander Perez

Sorry user, but I think you need to abandon ship now. You put up a good defense, but there will be no victory this time.

Shanty and Pic related
youtu.be/4fVQwzv5Qfc

Grayson Gomez
Grayson Gomez

It has always been about that, the underage B& and newfags just can't remember 2011, let alone 2006.

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

There is a shift in technology going on as well. Remember that the wealthy are getting closer and closer to not needing other humans to keep the population in check.

Imagine "wars" being waged with one side "disobedient people" and the other side is a handful of globalists with fully autonomous drones set to kill everything in a region.

In a few short years, we could have something much much worse than what the world faced in WW2.

Henry Price
Henry Price

It's Newfie: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_English
An accent that can only be described as British English and Scottish caught fucking behind a shed in Vermont.

It's practically considered a third language up here because real thick Newfie is essentially unintelligible to someone who only speaks English.

Camden Edwards
Camden Edwards

No, I contend that actually being intelligent and calling yourself an intellectual are two different things.
An actual intelligent person realizes that he may not know enough about a particular subject and seeks to do his own research or confers to expert opinion given by those that have similarly done their own research with sources and data to back it up.
A person that call themselves an intellectual, however, has built their identity on being intelligent, which necessarily implies that you are better than the average rube when it comes to all things that requires complex thought, such as figuring out the ramifications of a trade deal when you may not have the qualifications to do so.

I just phrased that thought in two lines since it gets the message across better.
Also
britbong in charge of critical thinking

Carson Powell
Carson Powell

Horseshoe theory has something to it.

These people came to what I would say is the right conclusion
Democracy is inefficient
via shit logic
Voting = racissssm
instead of the clearer and more direct fact that certain people are less qualified and less invested to vote than others.

Brandon Hughes
Brandon Hughes

but the like Canadian said:
the worldwide forces of globalism are starting to take their masks off.
There's a bigger thing happening here. This is a major power grab. War is coming, isn't it?

As soon as the last survivors of WW2 die off, these "people" are going to do it to all of us all over again.

Anthony Adams
Anthony Adams

Imagine "wars" being waged with one side "disobedient people" and the other side is a handful of globalists with fully autonomous drones set to kill everything in a region.
That is already happening in Afghanistan and Pakistan and yemen to be frank

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

This is no longer about "Progressives" vs. "Conservatives"

Correct. People need to wake up to the reality that multinational trading blocs and mass immigration (whether legal or illegal) are both tools being employed for the same end. The elites want us divided, deracinated, and utterly dependent upon them for our survival.

Nathan Wood
Nathan Wood

The globalism vs nationalism race started in almost a century ago.

Jonathan Parker
Jonathan Parker

tfw Brexit causes the regressive left to shill for fascism and totalitarianism
no, just "globalism" that uses fascism and totalitarianism as a tool.

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

You're so right.

FTSE 100 and 350 back to pre-Brexit levels
FTSE 250 already half the way there
GBP to USD back to 1.35 and rising
Free from the EU Parliament and the globalist hegemony

The only problem is if the entire world springs new borders and trading blocs on us overnight. It's bizarre that the globalists don't just announce the world government tomorrow, leftist idiots would welcome it with great parades and smug elitism because "flights will be cheaper and I can live anywhere!".

You are Turkeys celebrating Christmas.

Oliver Turner
Oliver Turner

That is already happening in Afghanistan and Pakistan and yemen to be frank
I know, but at the moment you still need "pilots" who fly the drones. Imagine when it's completely controlled by AI. We won't have people with feeling or morals or words to tell the stories and warnings of war. It'll be some rich and powerful person eliminating their opposition from the comfort of their computers. Right now, we have people in the government as a middleman.

Ian Carter
Ian Carter

We promise world government, free money for everyone and no more democracy! Conservatives will never disagree with you again!! We'll censor everything, we promise!

Nathaniel Clark
Nathaniel Clark

This is a new generation with a plan. That's the significant point here.

Liam Jenkins
Liam Jenkins

People who make a great parade of their supposed intelligence are rather like those guys who constantly brag about their alleged success with women. No true genius ever walks about reminding others that he is one. Socrates was said to have been the wisest man alive exactly because he was aware of the limitations of his wisdom.