The Expanse General

>new episode tonight
>thread is nowhere to be found

Lemme fix that.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Defiance_episodes#Season_3_.282015.29
medium.com/autonomous/you-likely-have-no-idea-how-tv-ratings-work-a-lot-more-people-are-watching-than-you-think-152e51657a5#.hu2xzyv1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You tried to start a thread and it failed you stuck idiot, kek. "Let me fix that" hahahaha and you sounded so sure it was gonna get replys. What a tool.

You alright?

Is the new season shit? Why are the ratings so low?

Easy there cowboy, I'm sure there are still plenty of Star Wars prequel threads you can enjoy.

I re-watched the series yesterday but I skipped all the Earth politics stuff because I find it pretty boring. I think I have a handle on almost everything but one thing I might have missed: the necklace Thomas Jane is keeping, is there some significance? Or just something he remembers Julie by?

>missing best granny's scenes
filthy casual

Once was enough.

it's syfy

It's only aired one night let's see what happens. But, this show doesn't strike me as anything that will ever be popular with a massive audience. Too weird, too complex and too depressing.

>this show doesn't strike me as anything that will ever be popular with a massive audience

The statement said for every show I've ever liked.

This series is cool and you should feel cool.

Yeah, but BSG was all of those things and it was sort of a big thing when it aired.

The Expanse will never generate as much buzz as BSG because it just isn't as good. I'm not even saying The Expanse is bad, but let's be realistic here...

Personally, I'd rather not have big threads and constant generals for this show. While that means there's a chance it won't last as long on air as super popular shows, it will hopefully mean the quality won't go down sharply.

Battlestar Galactica also had name recognition and some known actors. People were curious what they would do with it while no one knows what Expanse is.

SPACE HOLDEN

BSG isn't very good though. Were you 14yo when it came out or when you first watched it? Fan service pandering is a sign of lower quality.

>some known actors.
Well, it had one known actor.

Jesus man, that Martian marine chick is annoying as fuck.

>a woman beating a fucking military robot in arm wrestling

I was disappointed to read on wikipedia that she will be a major ongoing part of the cast.

Lel. Your fault for not reading the book.

I'd actually be curious to read what an "expert" thinks about this. Too smart? Too political? Not enough pandering?

This losing to Dark Matter in the ratings is sort of embarrassing, especially considering DM's first season had little more than a decent idea, 1 cheesy but admittedly cool character and a whole lot of 2nd rate sets, cringe-worthy cliches, trips to planet canada and some really naff dialogue. Season 2 was decent tho.

>reading books
>current year
That's crazy talk user

Terrible lead. The guy playing Holden would have turned me off the show if I hadn't read the books first.

She's great in the books. Much like Avasarala (Indian female Dick Cheney) they have brought her in much earlier than in the books, which I am AOK with, but hope they don't fuck up. They (the Martian Marines) are supposed to be fucking unstoppable, so I hope they play that up well. The suits aren't as impressive as I'd hoped, but hey, budget and realism.

I am curious of the fate of this show.
A. gets better and goes for a long time
B. stays good and gets wrapped up neatly after a few seasons
C. stays good and gets cancelled with no series resolution
D. turns to shit and no one cares anyway

Having nine books or whatever crazy number is a blessing and a curse. There's lots of material for more seasons but it also means it's hard to conclude the show gracefully. I hate it when a series ends with no finale.

i've read some spoilers and it gets kind of crazy around book 4

it will probably be like most tv shows, it peaks around season 3/4 and then falls off in quality and they end it

Yeah and right now they're basically halfway in the first book. They're clearly cramming some stuff together, which is perfectly reasonable, so I'm sure they can manage to skip the plot of at least one book, if not two, but still there's a lot.

Oh, especially the book on the fucking colony, man that is super skippable. Not that it wasn't good, but nobody wants a whole season of NOT IN SPACE.

STAY AWAY FROM DA AQUA

>Read the first four books in a weekend
>Barely remember what fucking happens aside from space mold girl?

>Don't really like the new show
>Want to read the newer books
>Don't want to have to re-read the first three but I don't want to be completely lost

Fuck me. I wish I enjoyed the show more, clearly it has a lot of care in the production.

But I fucking hate the hairstyles.

I enjoy almost everything about this show aside from a couple characters. I have a feeling it's going to start getting really good right before it gets cancelled. Syfy doesn't seem to allow low performing shows to stick around anymore, unless they are cheap to make

Tonight? Will they usually air on Wednesdays?

this.
is she black in the book too?
they will bring him together with one of the white guys too (Amos or Miller?)

it still can turn out to be a BSG 3.0, starting with that above mentioned new character

She's a giant samoan in the books. Close enough. Not a huge fan of the accent though.

I like Thomas Jane's hair in the show, it's so wrong yet fits with the whole character he's going for.

isn't this show one of their biggest hits right now?

Guy who always makes wembs the night of expanse here.

Have sick kids. will not be webming tonight.

Anybody got a place to watch it live? I can always just torrent it, but I might as well ask.

is there 2 episodes like last time?

Weird hair adds realism to the future thing, though. If people from the 1800s looked at today's hairstyles they'd probably find them weird as well.

>This losing to Dark Matter in the ratings is sort of embarrassing,
Is it though?

No.

even looking from the 80s

I'm worried about the fate of this show when I look at its rating vs. Defiance which was cancelled a couple years ago. This show must cost a lot to make with all the sets and effects. It might not last.

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/syfy-tv-show-ratings-updated-33879/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Defiance_episodes#Season_3_.282015.29

The first two episodes were a blast, no pun intended.

reminder they killed the only qt 10 minutes into 1st episode 1st season...

>tfw no mars gf
;_;

>tfw no Martian gunship.

>tfw no belter gf
;_________;

That is true. And there's not even an argument against that other than Miller is sort of the lead too and it's not the first time the lead's bland as shit. Regardless I don't think it fully justifies the low ratings. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much out of a straight-faced space-fi.

>Is it though?
Well, yes when you consider how ropey the 1st season of it was. I'd have thought the main complain with tv sci-fi is how poorly it stacks up to the movies (especially visually) but if anything, DM's comparative success is telling us people don't really care about that, rather something pretty lowbrow.

>syfy app doesnt available in your country
then how should i give (view)s to them dammit

Damn I'm shocked this didn't do well in ratings...hopefully it'll improve. its the only syfy show i can stomach and it's fantastic.

ayyy

Will have to catch it Thursday. going to evac this thread in case of spoilers.

It is great, I think the channel is so damaged that people do not expect good things from the channel anymore.

yeah. this series blew me away when i first watched S1. i really didn't expect this level of quality from Syfy anymore.

this shit is so stupid

T- ???
when does it air?

10pm est

What about it is stupid?

hdsstream wherere?

directtv.com

Sign in to your Direct TV™ account and start streaming today!

Syfy

ok found a free one thanks

Just noticed that Legion is airing at the exact same time. That's not gonna help the ratings.

yeah fuck, i planned to watch legion tonight but then didn't realize it's on at the same time.

my cock is so fucking hard

I may check out Legion but I noticed that it's Marvel so it might be another "extended universe" cookie cutter thing. Seen that Marvel superhero origin story schtick so many times I feel like I could write the series myself.

>Legion, Workaholics, IASIP, The Expanse. All airing at the same time, I'm still going to watch the Expanse live over all the others, can just download them later anyways.

That said, I don't even really care about Legion, I want to watch it, but I hate capeshit in the first place, so my interest is at a minimum.

You have the fucking internet, you can watch them at any time.

i'm trying to help ratings of shows i really enjoy, user. I know you probably don't give a fuck about that.

stream?

Bioware's best character got a show?

Watching on TV does nothing for the ratings unless you have a nielson box.

Anyone got the webm's of the Donnager fight

Throw this shitpost out the airlock, Shepard.

Are you telling me DTV is not reporting the viewing stats they have on me to anyone besides their marketing adbots?

Is that really true anymore? Seems to me like cable providers can track statistics of what their customers are watching easily.

medium.com/autonomous/you-likely-have-no-idea-how-tv-ratings-work-a-lot-more-people-are-watching-than-you-think-152e51657a5#.hu2xzyv1s

>have to watch on stream
>quality is crap
I'll just watch it online tomorrow

Link? Stream I used last week is shitting the bed.

Sorry, I just meant stream in general are shit quality.

Sometimes there are nice ones but it's rare

Bump, shit starts now

here we go!

who team /mars/ here?

You're -1 moon now though.

Miller did nothing wrong

Mars btfo

Every scene with Draper so far has been objectively terrible, in large part due to her actor.

I like her!

this, she doesnt look anything like what i thought when i read the books. i essentially picture a Samoan Zarya from overwatch, wearing warhammer space marine armor

I agree. I think they're pushing her Martian nationalism way too much, probably so there's more character development when she works for Avasarala.

what was bad about her? i thought she was pretty solid

Poor ship.

The actress is obviously new, and her character is a stock soldier type without the wars that make those characters interesting..

She's not big enough for them.

shes a big girl

no white people allowed huh

JESUS FUCK

she's a big girl

I just imagined Gwendoline Christi, I know she's not Samoan but they describe her as a big women and that's who I think of...

I don't know that it's the actor so much as the writing... The books aint no literary masterpieces but they have better dialogue than the show imo. Also the whole earth/mars relationship is much more adversarial to begin with in the show, I mean they're still rivals in the books and things get worse after the Cant blows up and everybody's blaming everybody else but the show makes them seem very adversarial towards each other from the start which the book did not imo so that might be why they're making her an ultra nationalist since the show has pretty much already set the theme that martians are very anti earth/pro mars.