Who else laughed out loud?

Who else laughed out loud?

Other urls found in this thread:

chronicle.ink/2016/11/04/desmond-doss-grenade-kicker/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>goes from hitting it with his hand to kicking it in like 2 frames

really Mel?

He pushed away 2 grenades, fuckface

Thought the scene where the dude with the BAR picking up the corpse as a meat shield was worse. Only person to laugh at it in the theater too. Like how the fuck did that get past editing?

PlayStation 2 tier cgi explosion

wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't actually hit all the japs, the accuracy was more ridiculous than the meat shield

>be a dude that doesn't want to kill people
>join an organisation that kills people
Why?

To help those who did

So he doesn't want to kill people but helping others do the same is ok?

OP posted a shitty webm in the movie its not that quick

>be a dude that doesn't want to kill people
>join an organisation that stops other people from killing people and go to places where you can help lots of people in need of immediate medical attention

british """""""""""humour"""""""""""

that's not how the sequence went it's edited wtf is this bullshit

This is from the trailer

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

by knocking the grenade back at the japanese he actually in fact killed someone.

how exaggerated is the explosion effect on a scale of 1 to 10

>grenade explodes 2 meters away from you inside of 1 meter away from you
>this doesn't murder you to death

also what the hell was with the robin williams 90s family movie soundtrack?

and if it wasn't for hugo weaving or the haunted house dude popin' up from shock/battle scene this would have been a pretty mediocre movie. well, it was, but it at least made it enjoyable.

Grenades don't make a big fiery explosion so that's a straight 10.

Jew genes go down the mother line.

I don't get it. Why didn't he just wave the gun around? Why didn't the Japanese cut the rope? Why did he help the enemy?

I'm a woman btw

This actually happened irl though.

chronicle.ink/2016/11/04/desmond-doss-grenade-kicker/

by the time the bootcamp parody finished and they got into battle... the slapstick action had completely killed my enthusiasm. what I laughed at was Sup Forums hyping this movie and Sup Forums for wasting my time yet again.

Who else laughed out loud at this autistic thread?

melfag detected

Hugo Weaving was good.

>what is The Draft

they should reinstate it desu. can you imagine all the American neckbeards on Sup Forums shitting their pants when they get called up kek

kek

the point of the movie is that you can conscientiously object. like, that's the whole reason it exists. to honor that choice.

>implying they aren't too fat to serve

do you have the one of the guy popping up and screaming evil dead style

Both of these.

But apparently, it happened in "real" life, or at least, that's what the vets remember. The whole movie kind of seemed like a parody tbqh. That Garfield actor is too goofy and seems like the worst choice on purpose type of thing. But I think again, Mel was trying to copy the "real" life thing a bit too much.

Did you go watch it alone?

>implying wars are fought that same way anymore

The army would literally have nothing to do with a bunch of fat pieces of shit that never even played a real sport in their lives and know nothing of team work outside of fantasy games. They'd probably end up as janitors on all the bases America has, replacing foreign workers.

as ridiculous as that looks, I can't say that it definitely wouldn't happen. war, especially war like the pacific theater, is just surreal in terms of the horrors and stories of survival, i think that's what mel was trying convey. it probably looked great on paper.

has this not been in the movie along side with vince vaughn this would be a much better film in terms of tone.

A lot of stuff that happens in war doesn't make it into the war movies because it's either too unbelievable or grotesquely comical.

Mel Gibson is not the kind of person to put goofy inaccurate bullshit in his fancy pants war movies, odds are he was actually trying to faithfully portray what the veterans told him what happened.

I hated how quickly they resumed to using quips after what was probably the most hellish night of their life.

> happened in real life user.

I'm sure he was, but that doesn't mean he was the best film maker suited to the task. That torso carrying scene probably could have been done with more tact by a film maker more qualified/better suited. Mel should stick to his "not so noble savage" films and his B action movies.

I'M POWERING UP

>it probably looked great on paper.
No just no.

>in this scene we have Pvt. Smith holding up a half-torn torso of a fallen comrade to shield himself from japanese machineguns while he runs toward the enemies guns ablazing grinning like the main character of Doom.
So yeah, if you also put Judas Priest as a soundtrack and just say you're being as metal as you can be it sounds good on paper.

But it really did. This guy was fucking insane (in a good way), Mel kept stuff out because it was so unbelievable (like when he was being carried away, he saw someone injured, jumped off the cot and said "come back for me")