Is bad casting a sign that the movie will suck in general?

is bad casting a sign that the movie will suck in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3LwkHKbdaBaVY2QzRnSTEwOWc/view
appbox(.com)/s/6sykd6zjpuq6xdeda5li6qetcscaq8v8
reddit.com/r/TheDarkTower/comments/4xwro8/dark_tower_2017_leaked_movie_script/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stfu pleb. Elba is the GOAT

The movie is destined to suck regardless. TDT is a story that seems very difficult to put in any format other than novel. Just getting the atmosphere right would require it to be some variety of arthouse bullshit that obviously isnt going to happen

Elba is a great actor so it doesn't matter to me if he doesn't look exactly like the book character. As long as he pulls of the personality and mannerisms of Roland I'll be quite satisfied

Bad casting isn't necessarily an indicator, pandering casting is.
Emilia Clarke isn't a bad casting choice for a Han Solo love interest, but the fact that she was hired because of her popularity shows a lack of faith in the writing.
Idris Elba isn't a terrible choice for Roland, especially in the nature of the story. But hiring him because he is popular (along with Randall Flag) shows a lack of faith in the writing.

>Movie is called the Dark Tower.
Seems like perfectly appropriate casting to me.

playing a character called a 'cracker' and described many times as being explicitly white, and in fact being white is a mjaor part of his relationships to other characters?

don't know why people hate on elba. he's a good lad

The BLACKED Tower

At the very least it's a interesting choice to follow the seventh book. It fits with the series to continue the story but in a different medium.
What isn't good is that they've been delaying and haven't shown an actual trailer.
It seems like instead of building a franchise they wanted to make a movie only for the fans, and only fans who didn't mind the last book and don't mind if roland is black

Is the Dark Tower another name for his penis?

Which white female actor would star in the movie White Flower?

>Thinking Idris Elba is bad casting

ive heard mixed messages about the movies. if it is after the books in the timeline then i agree the casting is pretty good and a change in the race of roland seems consistent with what happens. if the movie actually tries to go with the content from the first 2 or 3 books obviously the black guy playing roland wouldnt make sense

It's definitely after.
The director, producers, and Stephen King all confirm it.
So does the unfinished leaked trailer from awhile ago.

If it is relatively close to the leaked script, which was reportedly not too far off shooting draft, then im excited. I've been a fan of the books for 15 years no and that script managed to take the point of the first book and make a much more interesting film than the first book could have been.The ending leaves it open to go right into book 2, which combined with book 3 might be King's best work.

Does it match with this?
Cause besides jake, roland, and Flagg it doesn't seem to fit the first book.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3LwkHKbdaBaVY2QzRnSTEwOWc/view

>drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3LwkHKbdaBaVY2QzRnSTEwOWc/view
It seems like it's damn close to the script. If you have not read it, trust me, its worth it. Easily find-able by a google search. The ending is a far more effective "go then, there are other worlds than than these" moment. The first book spends way too much time in the desert and there was no way Sony would ever adapt it that faithfully. This version gets them a little more action and city scenes, while gradually introducing Roland's world to the viewer.

In the books, we get introduced to Roland's world right away and while it is close to our own, due to the nature of novels the differences are much easier to explain. In a film, that is way harder to do especially because they have to market it to a lot of stupid people. The script uses the Jake's visions/dreams as an intro to the world and the Tull scenes bring it to life perfectly. I just hope that remains from the script, which judging by that leaked trailer, it does. Spoiler alert, in the script Roland encounters the lobstrocities. I highly suspect that this will be completely absent from the finished film since it sets up book too so damn perfectly.

He looks nothing like the book character. He's a 6 and a half foot roided gorilla.

Roland, at least in the cript that leaked, is a bit different this time around. This time, Roland has the horn, but has given up his quest for the tower. He is much more bitter and Elba fits it perfectly.

appbox(.com)/s/6sykd6zjpuq6xdeda5li6qetcscaq8v8

This is the leaked script. Go in with the knowledge that this happens right after Roland reaches the top of the tower in the books and you will probably find a lot to like.

He...gave up his quest? His literal only purpose is to reach the Tower.

What i took from it is that Roland has been doing this for a long time. Who knows how many times he has he has gone around the loop. My impression is that after the last time, the time we read in the books, he has finally been broken. Provides a great reason why this time around so much is altered.

Where did you read this?

So Tull is actually going to be in the movie?
How long is Roland in our world?
Also does the script feel like the trailer where it makes it seem like Jake is more impotent than Roland and the quest?

The link keeps timing out.
Is there another somewhere?

reddit.com/r/TheDarkTower/comments/4xwro8/dark_tower_2017_leaked_movie_script/

this is where the link is from.

Roland spends a little time in our world, or rather, Jake's, but it isn't the bulk of the film.

The basic setup is Jake is having these dreams/visions of another world and Roland. He is a target of the Man in Black, as he may be the strongest beam breaker in any world they have found. Roland is shown arriving in Tull and it's basically the same setup as the book. The whole sequence is bad ass. Once Jake and Roland meet, Roland wants no part of Jake. He has lost what humanity he had left.

SPOILERS FOR ENDING OF SCRIPT/MAYBE THE MOVIE****

The MIB catches Jake. Roland, after catching up to them in The Dixie Pig sees Jake through a door, about to be used to break a beam. Roland draws and struggles with what must be done. Jake says "do it, there are other worlds than these". Roland shoots Jake, and the MIB loses his shit. Roland returns to his world and resumes his quest for the tower. Earlier in the film Roland is told the prisoner and the lady of shadows lay in his path, so as he sets off, book 2 is basically the next logical step.

While I have a great love for the books, the changes just make a lot of sense to me. Roland is a poor fuck who has lost everything and everyone he ever knew, let alone cared about. In the books, he has his goal and is determined to get there even if it means everyone around him dies. This time around he has been completely broken by his past and Jake saves him. Perhaps this time around Roland actually can be saved. Thats the feeling the script gives me at least. Who knows where it will go or if it can make enough money to continue. I just want to see where this goes.

Roland is not black.

That is all.