How much value do you put into goalkeeping direction?

How much value do you put into goalkeeping direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixriU8RFtxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

marcelo GOD

come on euros

Milagrohe

I rather have good fullbacks

none. most goalies are worthless anyways

direction?
2bh you can't win shit without a superb goalkeeper.

Plenty of teams have won a lot despite having shit keepers. No shit team has ever won anything despite having a great keeper. In theory if your defense were perfect you wouldn't even need a keeper.

>No shit team has even won anything despite having a great keeper
obviously a shit team with a great keeper isn't going to win prizes but a great keeper can still save a shit team from relegation

in football, a team's sport, the GK is a unique player that almost plays on his own
You won't say Navas or Ter Stegen are shit, they are way above average
Obviously most often a superb GK can't carry a shit team, but it can happen (Khan with Germany in 2002)
If you have an average GK the team can compensate with a superb defensive teamwork

Based

Schalke with Neuer vs Schalke without Neuer.

Thats how much value should be placed.

Barca had Valdes has goalkeeper for years and they managed to win plenty of titles, i guess it answers your question.

this team proved yesterday that they can defeat halal madrid

>Gremiofags all worked up about Grohe defense
>ywn feel what is like having a goalie classify your team at 91’ by defending a penal

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixriU8RFtxk

Must feel sad for you

This team was a total joke desu

none. povertyball is for faggots, women and third world monkeys

btfo galofag
came back when you get your Bi

fat

you mean coaching, Wellington

so why is this exactly a good save? he just spread his hands and this guy happened to shoot the ball right in his hand

>Santos and Palmeiras got knocked out by this shit
The absolute state of SP football.

fat

fat

It's not exactly a top priority, as long as you have great defenders, you can have a mediocre goalkeeper and still win things.

fat

I feel like I'm the only savage who is able to see Grohe opened his arms and the ball just happened to hit one of them. Goalkeepers do that all the time except most don't get so lucky. It was way too close for a proper reaction defense but he had to do something and it just so happened that the ball hit him while he was doing his panic jump. It's not like his arm actually went for the ball; he just opened them first and the ball went to his arm after.

It was more luck than anything else.

This exactly

He wasn't bad bad.

Nope just awful

Worst team to win the Libertadores by far.

Blocks your path
(Internacional pic here)

Oh yeah, the 2010 one too. Also a cautionary tale to never think you're in the final just because your opponent is from Dr. Congo.

he was ok

Fat

fat

We were euro and world champions with Barthez as a GK. That tells you all you need to know about this position.

I thought the same thing. Was great keeping though.

Barthez is a legend what are you on about.

Damn right he is. How are you capable of such brilliance and so many fuck ups in the same game?

Taffarel was great at directing chickens. You could have used him last WC.

Welfare, disability. And fat.

Fet

Unbelievably fat and dumb.

fat

Based

>ywn feel what its like to have an on-loan goalkeeper save your entire club in extra time

lucky save desu

>when pundits talk about how good a keeper is along to their """highlights"""
Yawnn

At least he is better than Taffarel's boyfriend Alisson.

you can block your best guess though, and sometimes guessgame can be strong

Even Casio is

Goalkeeping is the most patrician position

Grohe is mediocre, one great save don't change that

germany was a pretty solid team, they manage to score over 14 times in that tournament

el paraguayANO

This

Based

kek

Lads?

all me

That was literally luck

fat