The story of a team of African-American women mathematicians who served a vital role in NASA during the early years of...

>The story of a team of African-American women mathematicians who served a vital role in NASA during the early years of the US space program

i'm not even Sup Forums but ALL this black oscar bait shit every year is really making me lean that way desu

>tfw my greentext is the actual fucking imdb synopsis

its like a fucking joke at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sRfnevzM9kQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WE

Yeah, at this stage you may as well be a joke.

blacks are such failures that when one learns how to do math they have to make a movie about it

>oscar bait
this doesn't strike me as oscar bait
it's more just general pandering to race traitors and KANGZ

oh no a movie with black protagonists is made for every 100 with white protagonists whatever will we do

Mayne we wuz in fuggin space n sheeit

>THE HIDDEN BLACK FEMALES WHO CREATED SPACE TRAVEL

yeh no

why are white people so easily triggered?

What did they do that was so important?

Some calculations

when Hollywood went from pushing being colorblind to kill whitey

its the same as making a true story film about something extremely revolutionary that a group of black people have done ... aw wait that would have to be fiction

But they did play an important role. What are you upset about?

lol, the persecution complex is real.
you lot are worse than the tumblr kids you complain about.

>But they did play an important role.
lmao. The jews only carried them through that position in the first place so they could make a movie about it 40 years down the line with the intent of mindcucking whites.

Is there anything more disingenuous than complaining about representation in every thing on the planet then calling other people insecure?

>if there isn't a movie about black people doing something, how will they every manage to do that thing?

>rotten tomatoes rating on the poster

>t. Pic related

GOT DEM PEANUTS AN SHIT

brer, you're the one throwing a hissyfit about a movie that isn't about white people.

i'm not white, friend.

And this is why IMDB are closing down their message boards to stop racists and misogynists from commenting

Why did they need german scientists when they had black women?

>a vital role

It's becoming more and more common. I saw an add on tv for Moonlight the other day that had a voiceover that specifically stated it was highly acclaimed and rotten tomatoes certified fresh.

THANK GOD!

nobody should be even allowed to talk

inb4 censorship muh 1984

What, is the original conception that it was white people that precipitated space travel better, or more accurate to you, even though the evidence shows that black women were involved in it? You should kill yourself you retarded cuck

>Is there anything more disingenuous than complaining about representation in every thing on the planet then calling other people insecure?
How are those in any way contradictory, or even necessarily related? Disparities in representation are observable facts.

>>if there isn't a movie about black people doing something, how will they every manage to do that thing?
No one has ever made this argument

there should really be like 35% more Mexicans in the NBA then right? Since proportional representation is to be desired after all.

>make a movie staring black people
>"wow oscar bait this is unreal ridiculous"

lol just lmao kys my dude

>there should really be like 35% more Mexicans in the NBA then right? Since proportional representation is to be desired after all.
These aren't comparable. Most actors -- black, white, latino, Asian, whatever -- are of similar talent, yet white actors are given more roles and star in more widely released films. The NBA is more observably talent-driven and the best virtually always make it to the top.

Why don't they make a movie about the German Scientist that actually engineered the space program?

Why doesn't proportional representation matter to you? You seem like a racist who doesn't want Hispanics to be successful in sport. Hispanic neighborhoods are denied access to midnight basketball courts, which are provided in black neighborhoods.

they were secretaries and human calculators
so literally fucking nothing
likely were just hired as affirmative action employees

If you don't have a reply that actually addresses my argument, abstain from hitting that "Post" button, my man

youtu.be/sRfnevzM9kQ
Speaking of weird

he's right. hispanics aren't actually less talented than others. they just lack the opportunity. they lack the motivation. they lack the reward. if we raised taxes and created social programmes to make future generations of hispanics better at basketball, they would excel at it.

after all, proportional representation and making sure things are diverse and accurately represent the demographics are extremeley important, don't you agree?

I actually did but you went to public schools and probably missed it. It's okay, I forgive you. We can't all be privileged with literacy.

When you win 1st place but everyone discusses the "honorable mention" winner just because they're a minority it stings a little. That and the biggest impact blacks have had on America in the last few decades have been rap, sports, and, something else I am probably forgetting.
It just sucks knowing there were thousands of other NASA employees you were as if not more valuable but they will never get a movie because they are white.

Nah, I never said anything about proportional representation, nor did I ever suggest quotas. Is your "hispanic neighborhoods are underprivileged in that they don't have basketball courts" bit even grounded in real-world evidence? Are hispanic kids complaining of having unfair access to basketball leagues/courts?

Yeah, they probably would, just as any group becomes better at something when they're provided better, more comprehensive access to its institutions.

Remember that Saturn mission where google made a little cartoon that implied the engineers were a diverse multicultural team when in reality it was all white dudes?

You forget a triplet of parentheses in your post.

Hispanic kids don't give a fuck about apehoop, they all play soccer.

>complains about disparities in representation
>nah bro I never said that
cmon Jamal, I was just kidding about you being illiterate. Please don't live up to stereotypes because it's harmful for the black community.

>Yeah, they probably would, just as any group becomes better at something when they're provided better, more comprehensive access to its institutions.

so why not go for it? surely a situation where 13% of the population represents 80% of the players is unacceptable for a country founded on equality and fairness for all, right?
this is a problem that needs fixing. through whatever means.

Calling out propaganda for being propaganda is not being "triggered"

Also you do realize you lefties are the ones who unironically invented being "triggered", right? So you're admitting you made up/bought into a fucking stupid idea?

>it's a Sup Forums gets triggered again episode
meh

>It just sucks knowing there were thousands of other NASA employees you were as if not more valuable but they will never get a movie because they are white.
You don't seem to understand the intention behind the movie nor the significance of its characters. The sixties are pretty unequivocally recognized for being a more hostile environment to non-whites, so the success of someone facing those kinds of odds is interesting/noteworthy in and of itself. I don't know if you've noticed, but Hollywood likes making movies about people they think are inspirational or flourished in the face of adversity.

>you lefties

If they weren't actually that important to the space program, and were just dramatized and exaggerated, then nobody would have an issue with you continuing to complain about "Oscar baiting", but the fact of the matter is that they were. Those women were an INTEGRAL part of the space program and there's nothing wrong with making a movie to bring attention them. I certainly didn't know about them before.

This movie isn't anti-white, by the way. If any of you retards had watched the movie, you'd have known that. This exact same thing happened with 12 Years A Slave around Oscar Season.

no they weren't
the story is all fucking fantasy
they were just secretaries

>The sixties are pretty unequivocally recognized for being a more hostile environment to non-whites

lol, what a load of shit, there were nigger lovers back then too you know
Especially in government work

>make the only white male a hipster-glasses hipster-beard faggot
>everyone else looks like a normal person

lmao

>Ari I have a brilliant idea for a new NASA movie
>okay, which astronauts will it be about, those usually do well since they risked their lives, just look at Apollo 13
>it isn't about the astronauts
>well is it about the control room? There was some excellent tension during those missions and no one really has focused on it
>no Samuel, it isn't about the control room
>okay, so it's about the brilliant engineers who designed the rockets and electronics and the process of it. That's a good story
>it isn't about them either
>then who the fuck will it be about? The janitor?
>3 people who were essentially calculators
>who the fuck would watch that movie? Might as well fill Ben Stein reading the weather.
>the 3 "calculators" are black women
>...
>we're going to get an oscar Ari

prove that these three women had a vital role that no one else could've replicated with ease. prove that what they did was a game-changer, not codemonkeying like EVERYONE else around them

Noting disparities in representation is not equivalent to advocating proportional representation lmao.

Again, I never said anything about proportional representation, nor is that what anyone is calling for. I would also point out that, by and large, white kids aren't obviated from entering the NBA because of a lack of access to foundational programs or basketball leagues or whatever, so the argument you're trying to make, were it even relevant to what I've been saying, would be very flimsy. Think a little bit more about all of the specifics in a situation rather than trying to extract some contextless talking point that you can clumsily attempt to maneuver into a rebuttal

THIS

Maybe you should be looking at films made by black people to judge them, not shit like this produced and written by white people to make money

Wasn't it the whites who got triggered at black people going to the same school as them and assassinated the leader of a set of peaceful protests?

They talked about what really happened on the Daily Shoah this week. Apparently the lead woman played by Henson is white, and their only job in NASA was to crunch numbers while white men did most of the innovation

I'd recommend brushing up on your 5th grade history, then slowly making your way up the ladder to more complex stuff. Lemme know when you're done

So if you point out disparities in representation, but not advocate for quotas or proportional representation, what would rectify the disparity?

Do you even want a solution to this "problem" or is it just another reason to bitch about whitey?

I wager the latter.

>ignoring the time period and the fucking theme of the movie

They didn't get a movie just because they were a part of the space program, dickless. They got a movie because they were 3 Black women who were important parts of the space program at a time when they were HATED by a majority of the country's population

I don't think you understand how affirmative action works.

Blacks wanted to go to white schools because they wanted access to white taxes. The black tax base was poor so their schools weren't as good as whites, so they realized they could create a false crisis to force what essentially was a redistribution of wealth, white wealth, by accessing the services whites predominantly paid into.

Yeah why doesn't the twentysomething white guy look less like a typical twentysomething white guy and more like me

i'm not saying anyone is prohibited or lacks opportunity in general. i'm just saying that, some demographics, obvioulsly need more of a push to succeed. so the governments obligation is to come up with any method to make up for it and make it all fair and equal. even if means eugenics.

mainstream history is a jewish lie

There is no difference between the modern BLM groups and the civil rights movement, the only real difference is that people back then were way more liberal than people today

source?

>they created a false crisis
Don't worry, user. I know. You were only pretending to be retarded

It's a decent flick, the narrative flounders a lot. I'd call it watchable, but it's not Oscar worthy by any stretch...even compared to Shakespeare in Love

Set design and costume design is on point though, it looks and feels like the 60's the entire movie...like they pulled out the stops for that shit. Every phone, every desk, every neck tie every dress every car...all on point...looked great. Filmed kinda shitty but looked good.

>Daily Shoah
Nice bait

>This exact same thing happened with 12 Years A Slave around Oscar Season
>directed by Steve "i dont make films for WHITE PEOPLE, i just dont, huuh" McQueen

that wasn't even paraphrased believe it or not

All anyone has to do is research MLK's associates, namely Rustin Bayard and Stanley Levinson, as well as look at the commentary regarding his dissertations and the demanding of the King estate to seal his records to realize who King, which isn't even his name, really was.
Just dumb cult of personality bullshit.

I liked Janelle Monae. She's in Moonlight too.

This is why the school days need to be longer

the title and the general tone of the movie makes it seem like they were some kind of irreplaceable force that was BEHIND the entire thing. essentially a black supremacist message. it just plays into their narrative of "white people never actually invented anything, they changed history and stole all their contributions from minorities"

>King, which isn't even his name
wtf I hate civil rights now

I actually agree with you on this. I like the movie and appreciate what it was doing, but it should not have beat out Nocturnal Animals for best picture. Not at all.

What crisis was there? Seperate but equal wasn't enough, they weren't going to white schools because they loved whites or loved hearing white teachers. What was taught in white schools was taught as well in black ones- the desire was to have access to more expensive facilities, books, what was even the point of integration? Blacks would end up reforming back into insular communities in cities- where a rich tax base can be drawn upon- where now without "seperate but equal" they can draw without putting back in.
Americans are morons who will buy any sob story attached to a pic of a starving child.

>essentially a black supremacist message.
Kind of hard to take you seriously when you jump from 0 to 100 this quick.

It is a false claim to say that BLACKS wanted to go to white schools
It was largely northern liberals/jews that pushed this stuff, along with their pet black agitators

You know literally noone pushing this shit actually was effected by it

>The black tax base was poor so their schools weren't as good as whites
Quality of schools has literally nothing to do with their budget, and this is not the argument used in court to end segregation either.

The problem is that one group has less access to the same industry -- or at least the same quality of work in that industry -- and that is what effects the disparity; you can alleviate problems of access without leading to perfectly proportional representation, as increased access will naturally start to balance this out slightly (though the goal isn't perfectly proportional representation, as that'd be indicative of hiring based on race rather than talent/marketability). By access I mean that many underfunded schools do not provide the same quality of dramatic education as schools in better-off areas, and most often the better-off areas are predominantly white; additionally, there do seem to biases in the industry that non-white people are less marketable than whites and should not be hired for those reasons, though success of movies featuring non-white protagonists now and in the past pretty clearly contradicts that. The second issue is more easily remedied since it's not dependent on government action (i.e., making more of an effort to better fund schools, etc.), and the recent success of Star Wars and Hidden Figures kinda show (hopefully) that non-whites are commercially viable. Of course, this should have been something that was obvious for a while, since we've had non-white actors perform in bankable movies for quite some time, but they're far less present that white people are

She's a great actress, and dropped a good performance here imo. Just overall the film gave me a 'meh' vibe. The way it was cut together I just didn't know who to care about...the movie didn't have a clear antagonist at all other than just general oppression of blacks in the 60's.

It felt like a 'coming of age' movie for BLM, it also felt rushed and poorly edited.

I just didn't get that impression. It didn't feel as brow-beating to me as it did a lot of other people. The Jewish propaganda must be working.

These people don't even go to school and are proud of how retarded they are.

Yea but its not blacks pushing integration, or black judges/politicians advocating for it
It was WHITE politicians and WHITE judges shoving integration.

So the motivation would be more about seeing whites suffer than to benefit blacks, as no liberal will ever admit to the negative effects of their agendas

>i'm not saying anyone is prohibited or lacks opportunity in general
Well, you'd be wrong here. A lot of good academic work spanning several decades demonstrates, quite clearly, as much.

What is the point you're trying to make? I'm aware civil rights leaders of the sixties were better leftists than the current lot. Your original suggestion that there weren't inequities between white and black life back then is demonstrably inaccurate.

>white

That's a funny way of saying Jewish user.

>Your original suggestion that there weren't inequities between white and black life back then is demonstrably inaccurate.

The "inequities" derived from racial differences, the blacks had as good as they could produce for themselves
Now they get trillions of dollars in handouts paid for by whites..... and are worse off because of it.

Progress, I suppose.

>TRAP BEAT IN THE FUCKING TRAILER
on my god you cannot make this shit up..

Do you think this is the 50's or something? Black schools have had better funding than white schools for decades

You liberals want to genocide whites, you'll get a big surprise when you see how the asians or hispanics will treat blacks.

oy VEY.. that's not racist because they love that shit.

Can you guys adduce some academic sources/studies? You'll probably find that none of what you're saying is substantiated by evidence.

You need sources on the genetics and IQ differences between whites and blacks?

Facts about this movie

The main character is like 1/4 black in real life, and was never treated poorly because you can't even tell she is black.
The work they did do was a small part of a team that included hundreds of people.
Niggers actually protested NASA because it was seen as decadent and taking away money from dem programs
There actually was a black astronaut they wanted to put on a mission but the military told the political class to fuck off because he was the bottom of the class and couldn't hack it
The got jobs fine as colored people pre civil rights

You mean that overwhelmingly repudiated study that also finds that whites are less intelligent than Asians and Jews? If that's your baseline, why aren't you a Jewish supremacist? They're genetically superior; through a Darwinian model their purported world/media domination is natural and desired.

are you an idiot or something