Just watched my first game of this shit. Holy fuck that was awesome!

Just watched my first game of this shit. Holy fuck that was awesome!
>The city of Doyers

I think I'm addicted. Which team should I support, lads? Which classics should I watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Major_League_Baseball_season#Game_162
youtube.com/watch?v=8ogjPZtKoSI
youtube.com/watch?v=QqobHHwLbPg
youtube.com/watch?v=XO_x7U7n8iU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDWMnBW9Ys
youtube.com/user/MLB/channels
youtube.com/user/MLBGlobal09/channels
youtube.com/user/MLBClassics/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=b1_0373UNDc
youtube.com/watch?v=blv4wU5A1Fw
youtube.com/channel/UChdS98rEcbz9Jcyw3BPC-fw/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If serious, Game 6 of the 2011 World Series, it's very similar to this one

Last year's world series was a blast.

>game 6 of the 2011 world series

game 7 2014 ws was pretty crazy, I don't know if the dbacks vs yankees series is available anywhere but it was sort of similar too

Kirk Gibson Homerun WS 1988 game 1

Don't get too excited, these types of games are hyper rare. If you want awesome, watch the NFL! Tons of cool plays, high scoring, And star players!

>kneelegg

Every game is available on youtube. I think there is a reddit post that tells you how to watch old games

1/10 for getting me to reply

*kneels*

Thanks, mates.

Yeah, I'm a Chargers fan and I usually catch a game every other week.

Game 7 last year was insane.

What is with this fucking rivialry with other sports.

Fuck off with this .

All sports are awesome.

And this baseball game was amazing

1993 World Series Game 6

just watched my first game!
>the city of doyers

yea sure, sounds like you are a regular shit poster faggot.

>caring THIS MUCH about what happens before a sporting event

i bet you watch pre and post game shows too mongoloids

>game 7 2014
That gave me the sweats as a jints fan, game 7 bottom 9th and a guy on 3rd. Great series.

2001 WS of course

>Roger Goodell has resorted to shilling his game on Sup Forums
SAD!

I hopped into the game threads, mate.

Nice troll post shitting on the national kneel league, but for anyone wanting to get interested in baseball, games like this happen at least once a series in the playoffs.

This postseason:

>Rockies vs. Dbacks Wild Card game
>Indians comeback on the Yankees
>Yankees comeback on the Astros
>Memetacular Cubs/Nats Game 5

>USA flag
>just watched my first game of baseball
umm what

Don't get too excited, these types of games are hyper rare. If you want awesome, watch the NBA! Tons of cool plays, high scoring, And star players!

Game 7 of the 2001 World Series

what a quick learner you are, mate.

>and kneeling!

The AL Wild Card game started off pretty crazy too

fuck the rags, actually stopped watching baseball because of them

There's 300M of us. We don't all watch baseball.

It's not like I'm new to shit posting la, just new to the game.

Fore some older games, the 1960 World Series Game 7 and sort of similarly, 1993 World Series Game 6 are essentials, and if we're talking World Series history, 1956 Game 5 is a must, and to further balance out the thread a little bit since a bunch of the games posted are at the expense of the Yankees, the 1978 AL East tiebreaker playoff game capped off one of the most famous seasons in Yankees history, and Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS is also up there in fame. Both were against the Red Sox, so if you want great examples of one of the most famous rivalries in professional sports, watch those, and then watch the 2004 ALCS.

The kneeling doesn't actually bother you faggots does it?

Muh flag!

>watching baseball that isn't live

wow what LOSERS HAHAHA

Thank you.

someone post the memes of the game like the leg hits, and other things.

No problem, where are you from m8?

this

>1 strike away from first WS championship
>twice

This has got to be a joke.

>boreball
>awesome
Pick one

California

*Kneels*

If you think Game 2 of the World Series was boring then you have ice in your veins.

Okay so you're either Doyers or Angels then, and as of now, probably Doyers. The games you'll want are this
the 1955 World Series (as the Brooklyn Dodgers), Jackie Robinson's first game, Sandy Koufax's (probably the most famous Dodger pitcher) perfect game, the 2006 game where they hit four home runs in a row, and maybe Valenzuela's 1990 no hitter, since he appeared tonight.

Also, since you probably don't know who Vin Scully is, it's time to get acquainted. He called Dodgers games for 67 seasons, going back to when they were still in Brooklyn, and he holds the record for most time spent with one team among broadcasters in all North American professional sports. He's awesome, super comfy to listen to, and literally a legend, so watch some of his broadcast clips on YouTube; the MLB channel has loads.

I'm a Yankees fan though, so some bigger Dodger fans could give you some much more niche suggestions; those are just the ones I know.

It's worth watching the older stuff because baseball is a sport very much in love with its history, its tradition, and its great stories, and you'll see that very much if you stick with it. I really like baseball because yeah, there are boring bits, but every lull between a pitch gives you time to think about all that stuff, what the teams and players did to get there, and so on; each at bat and pitch is sort of like its own mini-story arc or myth in the making just waiting to progress. I sometimes feel like this gets lost in the heat of the moment in other American sports.

Console war fags

Its a mindset

>now THIS is baitposting

go cubs!

Damn, thanks for this pal. I'll be busy throughout the off-season it seems.

It's more like a series of 4 games, but Sup Forums went ballistic during DAT. NIGHT.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Major_League_Baseball_season#Game_162
youtube.com/watch?v=8ogjPZtKoSI

Me too kek, I've still got a lot of Yankees history to catch up on, and I've been into baseball for a while. It's a comparatively ancient sport here in America, and there have been tons of games played over the years.

I think this video sums up everything I've been talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=QqobHHwLbPg
Not only is it a Scully call, but it basically encompasses everything I like about baseball. At bats are slow affairs, and this at bat is fairly innocuous; no one on and 1 out in the 4th inning of a regular season game. Nothing too special really, but the slow down in the game gives Vin the time to talk about the batter, and for a fleeting moment that batter becomes the star of the show, in a standoff between him and the pitcher, and we have time to get to know the player a little bit more, since it's his spotlight, and craft a backstory in our heads for the guy. You get to do that for every guy that comes up, and the pitcher too if he's performing well. Doing something like that, at least for me, makes the moments where the game does picks up all the more special, because I feel like I got to know the guys who made those moments possible. And lo and behold, the guy who we just found out survived a wolf attack just hit a single. I think that's really something. Now imagine this happening in a World Series Game 7 or something.

Anyway, I hope baseball turns out to be as great an experience for you as it has been for me.

>defending niggers being niggers
Cool story bro

It's not just the kneeling user, SHIT-FL has been on a massive downward decline for years, the kneeling was the final straw

Did you hear about the cuckletics player who was denied service for kneeling?

2003 alcs game 7
2014 al wild card game
2011 world series game 6
2016 world series game 7
1991 world series game 7
A documentary on Game 162 of 2011
2001 world series is a classic

ONE STRIKE AWAY

Whatever you do, don't look into MLB's postseason in 2004......nothing of importance happened in that time frame

t. Yankees fan

Imagine if Baseball was as popular as Football Association here, 80% of all threads would be from the last night game.

>these games are hyper rare
Except for you know the entire post season
The Indians Yankees game 2 and ALCS game 5 the nlds game 5 the nlcs game 1

The greatest single day in baseball history. I hadn't yet discovered Sup Forums yet, I was still shitposting on Sup Forums back then but holy crap that day was amazing

>Evan Longoria hitting that grand slam to lead the comeback against the Yankees
>That orioles red sox game that went 13 innings

I like this post a lot

oh no, the monkey have escape his cage!

okay

Okay

>Which classics should I watch?
Ken Burns baseball documentary is a great place to start as well.

Watch Major League 2 and Sandlot. Fucking COZY

And Moneyball.

And Field of Dreams

Following up with some classic Harry Carey
youtube.com/watch?v=XO_x7U7n8iU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDWMnBW9Ys

MLB - YouTube
youtube.com/user/MLB/channels

MLB.com's 2009 Highlights - YouTube
youtube.com/user/MLBGlobal09/channels

MLB Classics - YouTube
(a lot of full games [no-hitters, perfect games, post-seaon, etc.])
youtube.com/user/MLBClassics/videos
>1988 Kirk Gibson gimp homer game
>>youtube.com/watch?v=b1_0373UNDc
>2007 Ichiro's Inside-the-park All-Star Game
>>youtube.com/watch?v=blv4wU5A1Fw
>Also has 1998 game 4 (Yankees over Padres)

JKING SPORTS - YouTube
(a lot of full games, 2016 and 2017 seasons)
youtube.com/channel/UChdS98rEcbz9Jcyw3BPC-fw/videos

Congratulations, you're officially white now :)

Feels good doesn't it?

Much appreciated, amigos.

I don't feel much different.

>>>/pitofmisery/
DILLY DILLY