Passengers

>Sup Forums tells you a movie is shit
>it's actually pretty good

why did we hate this again? besides J. Law

The general consensus here is that it's not bad.

I consider it shit because the ending was too bad and the rest of the movie was just not good enough to balance it out.

I would pretty much agree with this opinion: it was fine in general up to the ending. The moment the girl started narrating the end without us actually seeing them grow old together basically killed it for me in that moment.

It wasn't bad overall, mediocre on most levels, somewhat predictable, Fishburne's character was done quite well by his performance and gave a strong tug on the heart strings and was a small saving grace in an otherwise movie.

But that ending, fuck that really irked the hell outta me.

I really liked it. I was more "castaway in space" than the fucking Martian. Jim was a cool character and the focus and discussion on colonizing another world and why was really well done. The ending was shit tho.

These jokers can't act. Sup Forums will like it because they are reddito.

if a woman had been woken up first, do you think she would have forced someone else to wake up for companionship? if so would be another woman or a man?

>hating a film because of Jlaw
>hating Jlaw
back to plebbit

>There is a reason they woke up
>vague cryptic statement that ultimately doesn't mean anything

The movie was fine til Jlaw showed up.

i read that most online (and maybe offline) anger are directed at the fact that what the guy did was basically like hostage/kidnapping and the movie is romanticizing a creepy-motivated guy taking advantage of a girl.

Sup Plebbitor

>without us actually seeing them grow old together
they fucked a lot, and I doubt they had condoms on them at all times. shouldn't there be a kid?

>defending the hate of JLaw
why? There is literally no reason to hate her other than muh reddit 'dude fuck her amirite lmao' mob mentality

i mean yeah but the plot made it necessary or else the ship wouldve crashed so it was kinda a good thing in hindsight. and she was given the option to go back to sleep in the end

The ending killed it. It was too rushed and made this giant space ship seem small (move from reactor room to passenger air lock area in under, what, 5 minutes?). Jim should have died. She should have been pregnant. Put her kid in the stasis chamber when he is a young teen, he awakes with the passengers/crew and gets to live on the planet, maybe even return to Earth and comlete his mothers dream.

The bitch instantly wouldve destroyed every pod in pure panic to wake someone up

>the victim is called bitch

they were right about the movie. and you.

I dont remember much about the end I got way too drunk while watching it
they like grew trees and shit on the ship right

can you briefly spoiler the flick and endng for me

Plot holes the movie

Actually the ending isn't as shit as it may seem. The director even left in a little ambiguity as to whether J. Law decided to go into suspended animation or live out her life with Pratt.

jlaw is the reason to hate it
pratt is the reason to love it

the quality of the movie itself is probably somewhere in between