Be an MLB pitcher

>be an MLB pitcher
>be an NL pitcher
>terrible hitter
>bat every 4th game or so when pitching
>can’t practice pitching too much because muh pitch counts n sheit
>spend absolutely no time working with a hitting coach and doing batting practice anyway

What the fuck is this?

What part of the body do you use when you swing a bat? Would using this part of the body conflict with a pitcher's need to rest his arm? Why or why not? Show your work.

>be a kicker/punter
>can't tackle for shit
>still forced to cover after you kickoff/punt

>be a center
>never take jump shots
>get fouled, forced to shoot from the FT line

>he's a DH babby
Go back to kindygarden

>meme base hit
>put on a jacket
>barely run the bases
>lol its ok hes a pitcher

Are you retarded?

a free throw doesn't have to be a jump shot. people who literally don't know how to play basketball can shoot free throws, if you're a professional and can't make them consistently then you're an oaf, a cerebral catastrophe and you should be scrubbing the skid marks off the court.

>Lester went 2 for 2 including his first career home run in that same game.
That was a good game

This has always fascinated me. And a lot of these pitchers who can no longer hit were hitting studs in high school.

I think it's probably the lack of in game reps. Hitting in a cage can only take you so far. Happens in cricket, too. Good bowlers are usually terrible batters.

Guess it shows you how hard it is in bat-and-ball sports to be equally proficient at both.

Dude why stop there? We should have dedsignated hitters for EVERY spot in the lineup! And we should have designated runners! And in the field we should have eighteen fielders, one is the designated fielder and the other is the designated thrower!

This is what AL fags want

batting against high school pitchers: easy, sometimes you face a prospect though
batting against minor leaguers (a couple friends made A & AA ball): terrifying. fastballs were too fast for me, breaking balls were harry potter shit, oh yeah here's a changeup so we can laugh at you.

>the first time you see a real curve from a decent pitcher

i'll never forget the first time i watched a guy up close wait on the break and line drive a good curveball. in that moment he was a hero.
it was beautiful.
now i miss playing. baseball is so much fun.

Fuck man, ever since i began watching this season regularly I've regretted droppong out of baseball so early, I was only like 12 when I stopped and I don't remember any of it at this point. I really wish baseball could be played casually like basketball or soccer, but alas

Why doesn’t football just use a designated hitter for the kicker? Like he kicks the ball then some actual athelete runs out there to tackle.
>typical AL fag

>not playing baseball in a wavepool with designated Lifeguards

Fuck off pleb

>people enjoying free outs

The reason the DH rule is stupid is that pitchers never have to face pitches. This allows them to bean batters at will and forces their team mates to take the brunt of the retaliation. You can compare stats between the NL and the AL and plainly see that the NL has less intentionally hit batters. NL pitchers always have to be aware that if they get cunty and try to bean an opposing player, they will be up soon enough and catch a fastball to the elbow. AL pitchers never have to worry about that so some faggot flips a bat, the next batter gets beaned because fuck it why not? If you're the pitcher in the AL, you get to hide on the bench. You do that shit in he NL, and you'll get bruised rapidly. Making the pitcher bat isn't about a free out; it's about justice.

The DH is literally >arbitrary rule to insert most unathletic player in for the weakest hitter just because
The Arcade League is ridiculous. Luckily the National League exists and we don't have to deal with that trash in our league.

>NL cry babies whining about muh free outs. Muh bunt strategy

you can't just teach a man to be a good hitter at the MLB level you idiot.

NL fags circlejerking about DH is just annoying at this point. It's really fine either way, both have merits and problems.I can tell you it's really exciting baseball to watch any 2-out rally before the 7th inning become a counting exercise to see how many people you can walk to get to the guy that's slashing .114/.127/.193

Jesus they look so ducking gay when they put those big ducking baggy jackets on. I just want a fan to run on the field and sucker punch them in the face. They look like such dweebs

Not saying that this is the source of conflict, but the core/hips are responsible for a great deal of the mechanics of hitting and pitching (power for hitting, velocity for pitching), and overworking that area can lead to abdominal, back, and hip injuries. You can also strain your wrists while batting, and wrist movement is critical for ball control in pitching.

>I really wish baseball could be played casually like basketball or soccer, but alas

I refuse to believe you guys don't have amateur leagues in america where anybody pretty much can join.

we do, they're not super common but any decent sized city should have em. I don't know if just anyone can join though, some probably require tryouts and shit