The record for most HR in a single postseason is a three way tie between Barry Bonds (02), Carlos Beltran (04)...

The record for most HR in a single postseason is a three way tie between Barry Bonds (02), Carlos Beltran (04), and Nelson Cruz (11), all with 8.

Jose Altuve has 6 HR with 3-5 games remaining.

Can the mighty manlet do it? He's hit 3 HR over his last 4 games.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-dallas-keuchel-on-world-series-home-runs-obviously-the-balls-are-juiced/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Altuve>Messi

>Can he
Yes
>Will he
Yes

>Salary: 505,700 US

I thought they paid baseballers gorrilians of dollars?

after a contract is signed they do

Yeah just saw his actual contract. Bout 3 million a year. Isn't he one of the best players in the league? Pay the man.

seriously how is this guy so fucking good at that size

they don't renegotiate a contract every year, the guy got cut on his first tryout for being too short

He signed his current contract just before he became elite. Basically the worst timing ever.

his next contract will be like Robinson Cano. Expect 250M at least.

He'll get paid much more once it expires if he decides to leave for an actual team with money.

MLB salary is kind of hard to explain. For their first 5-6 years they often don't make that much. After that period, they become free agents and that's when they sign a contract worth gorillions of dollars

He's the biggest beneficiary to the juiced balls era. Lucky guy.

His current agent is Boras. Expect it.

>to the juiced balls era
i love how everyone knows it's true and everyone talks about it all the time, yet every time it comes up they always say something along the lines of "gee, the ball sure does sound different this year! i wonder if it's tighter! it's still within MLB limitations! it's gotta be the same though!"

Didn't I see Carlos Beltran take an AB last night, or am I going crazy here.

muh launch angles

It's going to become more of a problem when pitchers start speaking out about it. Who besides Verlander has said anything about it yet?

Keuchel too

cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-dallas-keuchel-on-world-series-home-runs-obviously-the-balls-are-juiced/

>too short
that's fucking rough, Is being short a big disadvantage in baseball? don't really hear of many short players desu

it screws with the umpire's strike zone, because they use the batter's shoulders and knees as a form of measurement, and with short guys it's hard to judge low stuff.

Can't wait for him to lose, and be traded to Mariners to rot for eternity

it's that the only reason?

Generally it's harder to generate more power in your swings, jump higher to catch balls, smaller legs so slightly slower sprint speeds

The thing with altuve is he is an exceptional player, who overcomes some of these handicaps, (and benefitting from the juice ball era)

Smaller strike zone is a benefit of being short.

Pitcher's benefit too with the increase in strikeout numbers.

fuck manfred desu

How would the ball being wound more tightly affect strikeout numbers?

I don't expect him to leave HOU, I expect HOU to shell out for him. He clearly loves it there and is the face of the team that have him his only shot. But he WILL leave if he doesn't get paid and I think HOU will offer a yuge contract