Germany Just Blew Up Italy's Bank Bailout Plan

As a reminder, on Monday morning the local media reported that Renzi's
government was pursuing a six-month waiver of EU state-aid rules,
allowing it to shore up banks without forcing investors to share losses. Two days ago, when we first reported of Italy's proposed bank rescue plan, we said that the chairman of Lower House’s Finance Commission, Maurizio Bernardo, confirmed that the government is studying options to support the banking sector, including a capital injection, and said a law decree “with measures going in that direction” could be approved by the end of this week.

We pointed out that how such an intervention would be implemented was unclear; it was is also unclear how such a direct state recapitalization of Italian banks using public funds would be permitted by current EU and ECB regulations, which prohibit state bailouts of insolvent banks, although Europe has a long and illustrious history of finding massive loopholes to that particular prohibition. "Last but not least it is unclear how existing stakeholders, shareholders, bondholders and uninsured depositors, would be impaired under such a bailout."

Well, they wouldn't, despite Europe's recent implementation of bail-in rules. That was the whole point.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-29/germany-just-blew-italys-bank-bailout-plan

The EU is going to blow up!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-8kmPJKGgM
express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit
esercito.difesa.it/operazioni/operazioni_nazionali/Pagine/Operazione-Strade-Sicure.aspx
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum_consultivo_del_1989_in_Italia
youtube.com/watch?v=-M6FXuFPayY
cnbc.com/id/100629323
ibtimes.co.uk/george-soros-eu-break-inevitable-after-brexit-vote-1567464
youtu.be/lKDeyuM0-Og
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

thanks Ameribro

evidently Sup Forums isn't interested in a bigger happening than Brexit.

fug

Won't this persuade Italy to hold a referendum now?

Looks like shit is about to hit the fan boys.

Itexit now?

Bump

Where are the German faggots praising the EU now eh?

I still don't get that the fuck Merkel is doing....what the fuck is her end-goal?

Is it European unification? Return of Nationalism?

>we started the EU, economic cooperation is so great guys!
>oh yeah Euro making trade easier between member countries!
>the EU isn't doing too well...
>well the UK just left, traitorous bastards
>it would be so much easier if we could centralize power...
what happens next?

Crashing this Union?

bump

Where the fuck is Sup Forums when the actual happening is here?

it's always been a race, but how it's like the end of Ferris Beuhler. Unfortunately we're the sister and they are ferris.

They're legit making a run at euro mega state + mexamericanada now. right now.

>>Is it European unification
essentially
at least those are the fears

bump

Isn't this against the euro laws? I mean Greece has been bailed out like 3 times,and 20% of that momey came from Italy. I really don't get this,if it is true.

what are the implications of this?
another financial crash? will italy become greece 2.0?

goddamn this whole euro idea is such a retarded shitshow. all it does is make simple situations into catastrophical disasters.

>italy is sovereign state with own currency
>italy wants to do some financial shenanigans
>italy does it
>the end

but now

>italy is euro state
>italy wants to do some financial shenanigans
>cant because euro bureaucracy and ECB rules and shit
>italy no longer in charge of own financial sector
>italy forced to sit by and helplessly watch its financial system implode
>merchant_rubbing_hands.png

>yfw Merkel was actually redpilled, and this was the only way to wake the German people up

>They're legit making a run at euro mega state + mexamericanada now. right now.

After BREXIT there is no way in hell this can happen now. Not with Trump still in this presidential race.

Its over....this is their last ditch effort before the Crash happens. Their plans have failed and now they are calculating the best way to escape with as little losses as possible.

well tripped.

Brussels wants some of the eggs to crack, people to get freaked and pained, so they can "rescue" everybody by consolidating state power.

Why didnt we listen?

youtube.com/watch?v=u-8kmPJKGgM

>italian stocks in the green

This would make sense if Deutsche bank wasnt about to go the Lehman brothers path. Germany shouldnt be destabalizong the economy,when their biggest bank(which moves 6 times the money that Lehman brothers did) is about to crash.

I have always enjoyed happenings. But I gotta tell you guys, this whole 2016 thing is starting to rattle my nerves

Dude I have actually run this theory in my head for a VERY LONG time.

I know it sounds crazy but the reason it could be true is because she EXPERIENCED communism first hand. My parents experienced communism as well and they both know how SHIT IT WAS!

My tin-foil hat theory is that Merkel is actually a closeted Nationalist and that she DELIBERATELY opened the flood-gates so quickly in order to DESTROY the EU.

Even Soros admitted that she fucked up by letting so many people in and that the plan was to have a slower immigration process.

Merkel in a way is directly responsible for BREXIT. Without her help, Nigel Farage could have never declared victory on the referendum.

Now is the perfect time to turn every other EU country against the EU using tactics like this.

There are all these issues bubbling beneath the surface that all threaten to blow up the EU.

It is up to us to exacerbate all of these issues as closely to eachother as possible.

The EU can fend off one or maybe two fights for freedom at a time. But many at a time will lead to the whole thing imploding.

If they have the UK, Italy, Greece and Netherlands all at the same time wanting to get out there's no way the EU can coordinate its efforts enought to shut them all down.

So what other issues like this in other countries can we use memology to push to the forefront in each country to keep the EU on the defensive?

Stick the knife in and grind it. We can kill the EU with the death of a thousand cuts.

They will be when it happens.

Most of Sup Forums wouldn't understand from this post what it all means.

The Eurozone is the biggest Ponzie Scheme the world has ever seen, and the Greek bailout was the biggest Upward transfer of wealth from the middle class to billionaire bankers in history.

What happened in Cyprus with the EU freezing bank accounts and taking money from them is literally Soviet communism.

Please let 2017 be the year the European Soviet Union collapses.

Is the source trustworthy?

This thread is dub city praise kek be upon kek.

I dunno...unrelated but my sister is a recovering pill addict and she did her best slippery fishing story telling when she was backed into a corner...was sort of beautiful if it weren't sad.

At best I think this is a gandalf vs the balrog scenario

It's click bait and OP probably works for the web site sens he has been spamming this thread.

Please Kek make it already happen already so the boomers have to deal with losing everything and not us when we're in our 60s . Give us a chance to build ourselves back up.

>tfw I haven't had a chance to gather a bug out bag or any weapons

BUMP

As far as I can tell everyone BUT the Germans is waking up.

Either way, this line of thinking is garbage. The EU was perfectly fine without niggers and muslims in Europe. On its face, greater western European cooperation can only benefit the countries involved. The only possible reasons for ruining it with mass immigration and bureaucratic overreach are
1. You hate white people and want to smother the continent with shitskins and Islam to achieve a globalist slave state, or
2. You're an ex-commie subversive that wants to weaken western power for the benefit of Russia, China, and their allies

Could someone explain this for retardfags?

Italy is not allowed to bail out its own banks because it's against EU laws? What's the point of this?

bump?

I think this is all very interesting, all the eurostates are doing everything to unify themselves but everything looks so unstable. Knowing that Soros is betting on the collapse of Deutsche Bank I just know everything will be going down.

Ironically it is a return to nationalism, they're just trading german nationalism for USE or united states of europe nationalism.

express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

It would be best though if they direct that nationalism to better themselves rather than fucking Europe up though wouldn't you agree?

It's new eu laws, other bail outs were perfectly fine under old laws.

Bampen

I cant into economics. What is this and what does it mean?

Alright so it looks like the EU wants Italy's banks to fail?

I see how that could anger the Italians into blaming the EU for an economic crisis. That's what we're implying here right?

of course, the eu is doomed anyway

I guess the money to bail them out would actually primarily come form Germany, which is why Merkel opposes it.

Pretty much.
It's the easiest way to get a military dictatorship going in italy actually.
We had military, as in army infantry units with full auto assault rifles body armor and green camos, rather than militarized police patrolling the streets and doing checkpoint stuff since summer 2008.

esercito.difesa.it/operazioni/operazioni_nazionali/Pagine/Operazione-Strade-Sicure.aspx

You can find several sets on google images.

You are saying this is a good thing?

Hmmmm maybe my tin-foil hate theory is correct then? See:

We can't vote on financial or international matters.

Not really, I think military coup would be more like east germany lite if anything.

Looks international enough to me.

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum_consultivo_del_1989_in_Italia

>Italy is not allowed to bail out its own banks because it's against EU laws? What's the point of this?

the point is that the EU has a mechanism in place for bailing out banks, which has certain requirements and rules. italy doesnt want to use this mechanism because it comes with nasty side effects for the banks involved, so italy demanded an exception from the rule so it could bail out its banks on its own instead of involving all the EU shit. but merkel is having none of it, and basically says "no bailouts unless you use the EU mechanism for it".

just fucking leave the eu and stop being cuck fucks

Right here, cunt.

And its about time we stop this fiscal mumbo junbo. Southerners are ruining the eurozone with their 0 interest policies.

EU 'superstate' aka dissolving national governments.
After that it's joining up with the North American caucus .

What are these side effects? And why aren't there the same side effects if Italy bail their own banks out?

>tfw russian security forces liberate europe from eu-enforced islamic totalitarianism

youtube.com/watch?v=-M6FXuFPayY

Fuck that, I don't want to raise at the 5 in the morning to queque for a bag of potatoes.

What do you guys think of my tin-foil hat theory?

See:

Southerners are what keeps the euro low and therefore incredibly beneficial to the German economy moron.

>Where are the German faggots praising the EU now eh?

We never did. Germans browsing Sup Forums all vote the AfD who want to remove the EU. Lurk more.

I have never once defended the EU.
Germans are waking up tho, it's just a slow process. The problem is unfortunately that Germany profits a lot from the EU, especially the Euro which is undervalued compared to the German economy therefore allowing huge export profits. So it is more difficult to turn people against it.

>Create more problems down the line because it turns out your solution was shit

FIFY

It's ridiculously unlikely but this is the year of meme magic so anything is possible.

Checked

I would imagine austerity measures and forced interest rates but I'm just a lowly burger

Glorious Putin brings Freedom and Prosperity. Russia is happy to spend its enormous oil and resource wealth on ensuring a stable and self governing Europe.

Their main goal is to prevent the abscess of Islamic fundamentalism from taking irrevocable root in the continent that is at the heart of world affairs. To see it turned into another burned out wasteland like Somalia or anywhere else stained with the barbaric heathenism of the dirt worshipers would be unforgivable.

Can anyone please explain to me how the fuck has Merkel been chancellor for this long?

No shes not.

And she has stopped the refugees from turkey effectively with the deal she made with Erdogan.

She is just an idiot.

Neat, my personal crackpot theory is that the EU is part of a bigger Australian plot which will eventually lead to an Emu naval invasion. First they weaken the national unity and economic independence of European states using the EU (EU, EmU coincidence? I think not). Then they slowly infiltrate our society (how else could you explain Australias participation in the Eurovision Songcontest?). Finally they use sleeper agents in the UK to cause the Brexit. The next step will be launching a full on naval invasion akin to Overlord, just using special forces Emus and us lacking all defenses.

A failed italian bank is hardly a happening

If it was DB, that would be a happening

>The EU is going to blow up!
Sup Forums said that when Greece needed money. It didn't happen.
Sup Forums said that when Cyprus needed money. It didn't happen.
Sup Forums said that when Merkel let in the shitskins. It didn't happen.
Sup Forums said that when Brits voted Brexit. It didn't happen.
Sup Forums says that now. It will not happen.

EU SUPERSTATE.
>YOUR IMAGES OF MY DESTRUCTION ONLY MAKE ME HARDER.

L'abrogazione è incostituzionale.
Non si può votare in un referendum abrogativo riguardo trattati internazionali già ratificati.

But all of those events only indicate that it is happening... just very slowly.

Alea iacta exit

When it manages 1 trillion in assets it's not a marginal bank. Lehman was 600 billion and absolutely crashed the economy.

I called this years ago. Germany wants to crash the Euro so it can re-institute the Deutschemark and seize control of the Eurozone. Germany's government has already started putting these plans into motion across the Mediterranean over the last few years.

Do u haz muh info n actual facts on that ?

might be possibruh to trade on that ! :3

If you European start changing Euros to pounds investing in uk stocks and buying uk goods.

More people do this quicker we can end the euro make profit out the pounds.

There is no limit to her reign. As long as CDU keeps her as the head figure and the people keep voting CDU, she could theoretically stay in power her entire life.

Alternatives to CDU are not attractive for most people. SPD is centre-left and they gain enough ground to form coalitions with CDU (centre-right) but not enough. Everything else is just too "extreme" for the mainstream crowd. NPD and AFD are gaining more ground because of the immigrant influx and fears of German identity being irradicated but people don't vote for them. White guilt culture is enforced in schools from a young age because of "muh 6 godrillion". Nationalism is, as some people can understand here, not an option in Germany because then we are Nazis. Antifa is a much larger and more violent threat here

The SPD killed itself by being in a coalition with the CDU for the last two elections. Everything that went badly was neatly blamed on them and they went backwards on some of the core issues they ran on. Add their figurehead, Siegmar Gabriel, Germanys biggest joke, to they are possibly not even going to be the second strongest party next year.

i think you overestimate germanys power

Don't get too cocky

But hopefully

cnbc.com/id/100629323

ibtimes.co.uk/george-soros-eu-break-inevitable-after-brexit-vote-1567464

They've been attempting to shit on the Euro and smaller economies in Europe intentionally for years.

It takes less power to build something than it does to destroy it. Sabotage is not the work of the powerful. It is the work of the weak and cowardly.

youtu.be/lKDeyuM0-Og
>merkel is anti racist hitler confirmed

Reinstating the Adam is the least likely thing to be on the agenda of the German establishment.
The German economy runs on export. The Euro is way lower in value then the DM would be now, due to the strength of the German economy. The Euro being low allows Germany to export a lot more, due to things being cheaper for non Euro countries in comparison to them buying things in DM.

That's the whole reason Merkel tried her hardest to keep the Eurozone together when Greece bombed.

DM not Adam...

>implying
We can't do a normal referendum whose result has to be respected no matter what, but there's nothing that say we can't do a referendum in UK's style where the Parliament has the decide if they have to follow the people's choice or pretty much trigger civil war.

I think I finally got this. Clay to make ovens?

Hans, what are you going to tell people when they find out you're taking away their sovereignty for good?

We don't take their sovereignty, we simply welcome them into our glorious Reich

You make it sound so plush and comfy, but it's the wrong Reich, we wanted Germania, not the Ottomans!

>zerohedge

nigga pls. They are completely nuts.

Wait, so Bail-in is the PREFERRED method of saving banks by the EU? Why!?

Yeah, me too...

FUCK ME!
that's absolutely flawless

this is the first time I've posted it, dickhead. People have been talking about the problems the Italian banks have been facing for awhile.

When a bank is unable to get funds to pay out withdrawals, bank accounts are "frozen" and the depositor becomes a creditor in a bankruptcy. That's not Soviet communism ... that's capitalism.

In this case the bankruptcy wind down was extra-legal, but the EU threw a ton of money at it. If everything had been done legally without a bailout the depositors would have been fucked far far worse.

Larger image of this anywhere?

Holy crap it's like you are watching domino's fall and you're stating there are no domino's.

The Germans are better at mental gymnastics than SJWs.

Because national governments don't have access to a printing press in the Eurozone.

If in the US nearly the entire banking system collapses and government tries to bail it all out, it can simply go to the Fed and say "hey, I'm printing a trillion dollar of 100 year bonds, you're going to buy them at 0% interest okay? okay.".

In Europe the government always has to go to investors for money if they need it to bail out the banks ... which can get them into trouble because of the resulting current account deficit, like Ireland (who managed to get through it with a lot of pain) and Greece (who didn't).

Sometimes simply printing really is the best answer.