How fucking stupid are Catalonians to think secession is a good idea?

How fucking stupid are Catalonians to think secession is a good idea?

- Neither the central government nor the EU recognizes the coming vote as legal or legitimate
- They'd instantly be out of the EU with ZERO chance of ever getting admitted
- Hard border immediately in place, passports needed just to leave the region and border taxes on everything

>im a fat spic who love burgers and i know nothing about catalunya - the thread

Lmfao

>bullet points
>>>/reddit/

Great counterargument you fucking dipshit. You clearly don't know anything about basic politics or economics.

>hard border
wtf have you been to barcelona nigga they could just swim to get shit in and out

>not overusing le meme arrows
>reddit
just let the guy have his fun

Yes, dashes are definitely bullet points...

Do you seriously not understand what that term means, even though it is being used in the UK in reference to the Ireland/Northern Ireland border post-Brexit?

So your thinking is that leaving the passport and economic union and all the huge hassle involved in the execution and logistics of that is somehow a good thing. Uh, what?

ever tried to swim in ireland you'd bloody freeze to death you stupid bitch

Oh I see now. Your parents are brother and sister and molested and beat you as a child.

least that wouldn't make me a virgin like you

the world's so lefty nowadays that UN would recognize them immediately

yes? CATALONIAs economy is going to flourish, whilst the spicish economy is going bankrupt. now shoo shoo spic, the future belongs to CATALONIA

Catalonia has our full support!!

ANDORRA is CATALONIAs greatest ally

No they wouldn't. ANd I'm pretty certain you don't know how official UN recognition works.

You're not even making an effort.

They don't actually want to go, it's pretty much a childish spat. Like a teenager telling his parents that he's gonna run away from home cause they've had an argument, they are aware it's not gonna happen.

The only way Catalonians will be allowed to secede is if they can get a powerful country to recognize them and agree to defend their sovereignty. Otherwise it's a pointless circlejerk endeavor.

Nobody in the EU is gonna back them up. If they align with China or Russia, their economy will be completely wrecked, and I just don't see the US much caring to involve themselves in this situation unless Trump wants to give the middle finger to Merkel.

Don't they already have more autonomy than most parts of Spain anyway?

A bit more in certain things, but generally is not that different.

the countries members of the UN have to vote they recognition, believe me, they'd do

I think the Basques have even more autonomy.

Yes, Basques and Navarres can collect their own taxes.

That isn't what determines final recognition. The entire Security Council has to approve it as well for full membership.

and why would they not recognize a new country who decided his own destiny like Catalunya?

Because a region illegally seceding from a country being legally recognized sets a very dangerous precedent.

You're dumb as fuck. There are many examples of the UN not fully recognizing breakaway or self-declared states.