The attendance of the 1950 World Cup final between Uruguay and Brazil was 200,000

>The attendance of the 1950 World Cup final between Uruguay and Brazil was 200,000

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uOtL1m1o_ok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Highbury
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1930_FIFA_World_Cup#Final
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_FIFA_World_Cup_squads
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imagine that silence when Uruguay scored the second goal, must have been both amazing and scary

> iif they knew what would happen 64 years in the future..

Going through WC history: For the 1962 WC in Chile:

In this Group 2 clash between Chile and Italy, already heightened tensions between the two football teams were exacerbated by the description of Santiago in crude terms by two Italian journalists Antonio Ghirelli and Corrado Pizzinelli; they had written that Santiago was a backwater dump where "the phones don't work, taxis are as rare as faithful husbands, a cable to Europe costs an arm and a leg and a letter takes five days to turn up", and its population as prone to "malnutrition, illiteracy, alcoholism and poverty. Chile is a small, proud and poor country: it has agreed to organize this World Cup in the same way as Mussolini agreed to send our air force to bomb London (they didn't arrive). The capital city has 700 hotel beds. Entire neighbourhoods are given over to open prostitution. This country and its people are proudly miserable and backwards."[3] Chilean newspapers fired back, describing Italians in general as fascists, mafiosos, oversexed, and, because some of Inter Milan's players had recently been involved in a doping scandal, drug addicts.[4] The journalists involved were forced to flee the country, while an Argentinian scribe mistaken for an Italian in a Santiago bar was beaten up and hospitalised.[1]

fugg

also everyone played murderball and the referee from this match invented the yellow and red cards to sanction players
youtube.com/watch?v=uOtL1m1o_ok

>This is the first time the two countries have met and we hope it will be the last

>one of the neatest left hooks I've ever seen
everytime

...and he's OFF THE FIELD

The stadium wasn't even ready yet, and lots of people were clinging to the scaffolds. You'll never see such a scene again.

>Chilean newspapers claimed that Italian journalists had penned articles that cast doubt upon the beauty and morals of Chilean women. The emotionally-charged game had now become a matter of honour, and the football itself was only a secondary issue in the now infamous "Battle of Santiago".

>the referee from this match invented the yellow and red cards to sanction players

he did, but this match had nothing to do with it.

CHI

CHI

EL CHILENO ES UN ANIMAL CONFLICTIVO, HEREDERO DE UN MESTIZAJE MALIGNO ESE QUE TANTO LOS AVERGÜENZA, CON INCLINACIONES A LA TRAICIÓN, EL ROBO, LA PELEA SUCIA Y DESIGUAL, COMO EN TODAS LAS GUERRAS QUE HA PARTICIPADO CON APOYO DE EMPRESAS INGLESAS PARA ROBAR A SUS VECINOS, TREMENDA RAZA DE RATEROS LA CHILENA... NADIE EN EL MUNDO CIVILIZADO QUIERE A UN RATERO, PERO ES COMPRENSIBLE TANTA RABIA CHILENA, SI VIVEN ARRINCONADOS EN UNA RAYA EN EL FIN DEL MUNDO

There is nothing wrong with Murderball

Well, I think that should shut down any debate on "what sport is the most popular", right?

>muh soccer history
>actually look into it
>it's not even as old as baseball or hockey
>rules were created by (((freemasons)))
wow no wonder they're so desperate to infect America with this "sport"

>Capacity 78,838

wat
did they get rid of that upper ring or what?
I don't even

They just connected both rigs.

> Jules Rimet referred to the stadium’s reaction in a more dour description: “The silence was morbid, sometimes too difficult to bear”

>an Argentinian scribe mistaken for an Italian
why would that happen

First red card happened in the 1966 WC tho

wew

You niggas have an ugly tendency of having Italian surnames.

>first football club founded in 1857
>first baseball 'franchise' founded in 1869

gets my noggin joggin

there's as many people of italian descent in Argentina as there are in Brazil and USA

nobody would mistake any of them for actual italians.

>t. Giuseppe Rossi

Yeah, but it's half of our population, while only 5% of the American one

You are like a little baby
Watch this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Highbury

what the fuck does that have to do with it?

There is something called "per capita"

What the fuck is wrong with Italians?

>England were still considered one of the strongest teams in Europe at the time, and the match was billed in England at least as the "real" World Cup final.
>implying the 1934 WC even counts

>England were still considered one of the strongest teams in Europe at the time
I see the delusion isn't new

could at least one of your retarded post be related to what you're quoting?
thanks

also, to further epxlain how retarded you are
how many italians per capita do we have?

>However, Italy were not World Champions for nothing and after half time, despite the handicap of ten men, took the game to England. Giuseppe Meazza scored twice, and was only denied an equaliser by the woodwork and a series of saves from England's athletic goalkeeper, Frank Moss. Copping, England's "hardman", took the man of the match award with a strong fighting and tackling display in midfield.
This shit reads like a high school yearbook

Cringe

0.5, more than any other country in the world besides Italy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1930_FIFA_World_Cup#Final

Damn, it was hardcore back then

Funny how until a few years ago we only counted post 1931 titles, as if the ones before that were shit and no one cared about them

?

Step it up Argentina

very well, now explain how anything you said has to do with an american or brazilian of italian descent not being confused for an actual italian compared to us.

u argies are basically italian

and black

Because we speak like Italians, Italian-Amerircans back then also spoke with the hands and shit, but in English you can't tell it as easy as in Spanish that you are from Italian descendents

>a person of italian descent has more chances of being mistaken for an actual italian if his country has more people of italian descent

jesus christ you're an idiot.

nobody really knows shit about pre-60's football in England, and I'm pretty sure many people don't even know much about football before the Premier League.

some of the best shit is from the early 20th century, but I guess because of how much tactics changed people think it doesn't count.

There are more chances of seeing an Italian-Argentine than a Brazilian-Argentine

If both Brazil and Argentina send 200 journalists to Chile to cover the WC there will be more people of Italian heritage amongst the Argentines than amongst the Italians

Just check the surnames of the players in each squad, which is another sample
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_FIFA_World_Cup_squads

1/22 Brazilian players have italian surnames
8/22 Argentine ones

again, what the fuck does that have to do with what I said?

OOOOHHHHHHHH where's all the gabagool?

I already explained it

1. There are more chances of seeing an Italian immigrant in Argentina than in Brazil or the USA
2. The Argentine accent is very similar to Italian. People who don't speak Spanish nor Italian would think an Argentine is speaking Italian

ok, you're mentally challenged, I'm gonna try to explain this the best I can.

I said that an American or a Brazilian of italian descent would not be mistaken for an actual italian, just like an Argentine of italian descent.

you started spouting retarded arguments like "hurr durr we're more italian" which is literally not provable and just your mongoloid opinion.

not that it has anything to do with this, but also

1. then he'd be an actual italian, that has nothing to do with this.
2. this is literally just your opinion.

I'm gonna say it one more time, you're a fucking retard.

what the fuck are you talking about

matches in the past sound so much better. my old man recalls being passed over the heads of the crowd down to the front to sit behind the goal when he was a kid.

people were smaller back then and 3 could fit it one seat

They're...Italians

Try being a bit more brown, like us

So this ref was literally telling people to fuck off

We will if India hosts a world cup.

>Uruguay invented murderb-

Holy shit, fucking kill yourself, you goddamn stupid piece of shit.

Just using an actual red card happened in 1970, players have been sent off since the very first world cup.