Expanse General

Previously

mars will rape the moon

his waifu got raped

killing Dresden was stupid tbqh family.

>hurf durf Earth attacked first
>right after Mars blew up Eros

Earth did attack first though. Eros wasn't blown up by Mars, Mars blew up Phoebe station. Phoebe station was dead because the retards killed everyone with project x.

>Mars blew up Eros
ummm...user....

>Put protomolecule in da aqua.
>Stay alive.
Pick one and exactly one.

They are moving fast though the books.
Episode 1-2 Space Station assult
Episode 3 setting up nauvoo ramming and Marines going to Jupiter
Is episode 4 going to be Eros going to venus?
and then Episode 5 the ganymede event?

Could very well be.

YFW you want to waifu the cute blonde marine, but you know she will die vie spooky ass shit. near jupiter along with the darkies

The Roci is my eternal waifu.

It is a good Waifu

>sam is not a redhead and talks weird
>miller gets his hair JUSTed
>bobbie gets whiny again

pretty meh tbqh phamily

To be fair, Miller is pretty fucking JUST.

>Oh shit they retaliated to our first attack, now we're justified and deserve vengace

>opening talk about the war
good shit
>Amos in every scene
good
>Holden
cringey, stupid in every dialog
>Nagata
uninteresting, having fun with the hot unknown ethnic girl
>martian marines
boring, cliche, dumb emotional fucks who still have absolutely no idea where they in life and what they are doing
seemengly no better than randoms rock hopper with a gun
>nanoinformatics guy
interesting, good shit
>alex
training, diagnosing, simulation... good stuff I guess, gives some explanation when he'll do well in some next ruckus
though I realized in this episode that in the future battle would probably be fully automated
imagine few dozens programers inventing moves, based on all the sensors automating reactions, fighting virtually against each others programs
the best one would come out of it..
>Miller
was meh previous episodes, predictably emotional about shit
now its kinda interesting with the idea about the mormon ship

She's the sexiest girl in the show

Reminder that Miller did nothing right.

Donnager a second best.
>Ywn be outmatched by her overwhelming firepower.
>Ywn be drawn expertly deep into her hangar bay.
Why even live?

I don't understand the martian military people in this. We're told they're like a nation with a strong singular focus and great sense of unity but all the soldiers do is bicker with one another and talk back to their superior officers. They're like the fucking belters but with better gear.

It might partially be due to this part of the marines being tv original. The martian navy acted reasonably enough in season 1.

>fucking Ashur

>the marines being tv original

OH GOD PLEASE NO

Bobby is an important character but she's first introduced at the beginning of the second book where the rest of her marine squad gets killed almost instantly. The TV show chose to introduce her (and Avasarala) early to show their reactions to the events of the first book (Eros etc.), the weak writing around the marine squad kinda reflects this as it's all original material.

This also explains why Avasarala's role has been mostly to stand back and watch stuff happen.

The Marines are shown in one scene.

they die horribly except for Bobbie

They want to build up these folks as characters so when they die there will be some emotional impact.

I think its time i sit down for abit and give it a try.

But how can u terraform mars with no magnetosphere? 1 solar wind and its snap city

Remember the cunt

>guys they took out a small outpost we will respond in kind
>we're going to take out a radar installation on deimos
>shatter the entire moon

wew

Mars has a Megnetopshere. Been discussed before. No it doesn't have a core that rotates, and yes the mars Megnetopshere is all screwed up, but it does exist in measurable levels. It was discovered in 1997 and now has been well mapped.

Also, even without a Megnetosphere, it would take 1000s of years to rip away air.

Lay lines of superconducting wire from pole to pole at regular intervals (like physical lines of longitude), pass massive amounts of current through the wires. Voila, instant Earth strength magnetosphere

can't we just reheat its core?

he would have gotten away with it

Any bookfag here?

Did anyone else find the ending of the last book to be horribly anti-climactic? It felt like they were setting up something horrible and spooky to happen as all the railgun turrets mounted on the ring station were missing targets and shooting off into the void beyond the rings, but then they just figured out a way to make the void eat Marco's fleet as it came through. Pretty disappointing tb᠎h.

Wasn't there a like a year time skip between the first and second book?

Yeah, there was. They spent a year hunting pirates for Fred.

I'm a bookfag but I'm happy with how the show is going. It's turning out to be a pretty good adaptation when you look at the clusterfuck that is Game of Thrones and ASOIAF. My only real complaint is Avasarala isn't a cranky, foul mouthed grandma.

what a horrible casting choice

I think my only complaint is that Bobbie isn't huge, i mean most of the characters describe her as bieng big.

Incedentally i am only on the second book nearing its end.

yeah but bobbie is supposed to be like 6' 6" almost, you'd need to cast a fucking shadman drawing or something

i will agree this chick is fucking bad though

I know it isn't very realistic, but i was just kinda dissapointed.

She did drop an F bomb last week though it was censored on SyFy USA

To be fair, in the books she curses a lot more.

what will the season end with?

We need to talk.

I read somewhere that if the magnetosphere around Earth disappeared, the ionosphere would take on its role. Could be the case here, if they manage to create enough of an atmosphere in the first place.

Calling cliffhanger where it appears that one of the main characters may have died but we're not sure

She actually much larget then a lot of the cast, just does not appear as such.

Also how many 6 foot+ Polynesian woman are there?

I think it more the horrid writing then the actress, but if she screws up when it gets to the book parts, it will be a bad casting.

Funny enough, Holden is really close to the book. As in A++ rendition of book Holden.

depends on how fast they are moving from book 1-2. I mean, they could justify doing 2 episodes with miller on Eros, or they could squeeze that off in one episode.

This remidns me, I need to reread the books.

who's the qt who's the second in command/assistant/secretary to the black guy on the space station?

I think that's supposed to be Sam. If so, it makes me ree a little because she's not a cute red headed wrench wench like in the books

Cara Gee

I like her broken english and smug attitude.

Also just finished the episode, nice to see even Amos could be somewhat shaken. Best boy

Sam was in season 1 (and Asian)

Cara Gee is called "Drummer" and is taking the Sam role. Alli Chung who played Sam in season 1 is not in season 2, not sure if it is a conflict with a movie she was in or if they just where unhappy/unable to come to a agreement.

Same, she a nice addition. Also one of the few true lookers on the show.

looks completely different sans slutty belter makeup

waifu status: revoked

that looks so painful to slap that ball around

Want to Waifu the blonde Marine.

she going to die in a episode or two

Looks better without the makeup, slap some grease on her and she'd be closer to what I wanted

just finished leviathan wakes, wont spoil anything but Holden is an insufferable self righteous prick, hopefully he gets better in the next few books. Book was ok, but I wasnt too keen on the ending

He still a prick but he gets better when he highjacks a food shipment to feed refugees

>Cortázar was in the last episode

damn they're even bringing in the guys from way later in the books and side stories and shit for this season, neat

Holden's arc is a lot more stretched out than say, Miller's because he's got to last for like 9 books. He really starts to change in the second book when Fred calls him out for being exactly what you called him, and he starts to cool off a little.

Oh no! Don't tell me the motherfuckers want to do away with Nauvoo!

...And then it caught a second UN Marine. Instead of tearing him to pieces like it had the last one, it spun and hurled the fully armored Earther—probably massing more than five hundred kilos total—toward Bobbie. Her HUD tracked the UN soldier on his upward arc and helpfully informed her that the monster had thrown him not toward her but at her. In a very flat trajectory. Which meant fast.
She dove to the side as quickly as her bulky suit would let her. The hapless UN Marine swiped Hillman, who’d been standing next to her, and then both of them were gone, bouncing down the ice at lethal speeds.

talk about awful writing

If people actually enjoy this kind of writing then I feel a lot more optimistic about writing my own hit series of sci-fi novels.

What's bad about it?

>yfw Season 3 spends an entire episode on the pasta sauce incident

;__;

ded thread

ded show

How not to choose a thumbnail: the post.

Episode 4 will be Eros dodges mormon ship.
Episode 5 will be the actual end of Leviathan Wakes.

Thread been alive all day

Can anyone beat Avasarala with prep time?

>Is his condition reversible?
>I'm afraid not

I felt bad for Amos in this scene, desu.

Yea, Amos is the man.

You either die an asshole or live long enough to become a cool guy.
Amos lived long enough.

Who /Diogo/ here?

Amos had a hard life, user

This fucking kid..

>stronk soldier gurls

>triggered beta male

That he did. When I found out the details in the 2nd book I was like "Damn..."

How many ships does the Mars fleet have ?

Why you asking, Earther?

after seeing the shit that was the sand sneks something like this doesn't bother me much at all

There's some dust I need to wipe off.

So there was this unlicensed brothel down in sector eighteen.

Magnet psychos: How do they work?