Whatever he would have chosen, he still would have been killed. even if we wouldnt have gone under the bridge...

whatever he would have chosen, he still would have been killed. even if we wouldnt have gone under the bridge, the greeks would have hunted him down

frank sobotka had a hard life

well people like him and that one black guy ruined the country by being corrupt, crony lazy shits. So he deserved it.

BUT MUH GRAIN PIER!!!

none of that shit wouldnt have happened if politicians were actually doing their job and not being corrupt ass niggers

was he a good friend, btw?

it's chicken or the egg. by demanding so much regulations, which ARE necessary (at least according to the show with all the workplace injuries they talk about) , it became too costly to give them too much. Then complacency set in.

>its a fat fuck scene

is that the episode where he royally fucks up?

The point is that everyone is as fault. The politicians, the dock workers, the police, the lawyers, the schools, the gangsters, the drug runners.

sure. every institution is racing to the bottom. you could argue that Sobotka did what he had to for his guys. guys like Burrell and Royce had no excuse.

the only winning move is to embark in a life of crime

Best character.

Beadie is such a qtpie

I almost got one of them swearing the docks are near the water

Why did Ziggy get the duck?

The duck's wings are clipped so it won't fly away. Much like Ziggy's situation.

>the greeks would have hunted him down
Not really, his nephew who did the same thing, stayed in baltimore and kept on living

he had witness protection

Okay? Since when is that making a witness invincible?

Sobotka would've gotten that too after talking to the police, so the greeks wouldn't have hunted him down.

Well to be quite honest the whole part of Greek and Spiros falls apart when they are reintroduced in season 4.

Wire writers don't just put things in solely for symbolic reasons, there's usually a reasonable character motivation.

>Wire writers don't just put things in solely for symbolic reasons
lol really?

Name seven.

Best season, best character.

I'll just name the "fuck" scene and call it a day.

EFIGE EFIGE

That was just showing how in tune McNulty and Bunk were as detectives.

They didn't need to communicate to get where the other was going. The incredulous use "fuck" in the scene is a reaction to the evidence being uncovered in a scene which had previously been put to bed.

Entirely practical scene, I'm interested to know what you found symbolic in it.

A cop is only as good as his informant(s)

I thought it was meant to be a parody of police procedural shows who ham out a lot of expositional dialogue during such scenes. They convey all the information needed to the audience and just say "fuck" over and over.

why not both? those are reasonable readings of the scene

Both of you are right. It's also a staple actor drill. Check your school or community theater, intonation drills incorporated into a play as a scene are not uncommon. With the amount of non-actors and locals in the Wire, vets were having fun to break the ice.