Flacid slides late like a tard

>Flacid slides late like a tard
>Takes a blatant shoulder to the head from a full speed linebacker
>"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DON'T THEY PROTECT MUH QB WAHHHHH IT WASN'T FLACCO'S FAULT WAHHHHHH"

Reminder this is why the NFL is removing your rules and becoming anti-fun. Because you all can't recognize an "illegal hit" when it was Flacco's fault for running the ball and then not even sliding on time

Pretty damn much

When a QB starts a slide the plays dead and can't be hit I believe. Either way the way his helmet broke was kek worthy. He'll be fine in a few days

the hit was fine imo. uppity QBs getting cocky with the "you can't touch me" rules tries to exploit it by sliding at the last possible second. these hits keep them in check.

no reason to lead with a shoulder at his head tho.. just go in with 2 hands touch him down. it's a pretty simple play for non retards like alonso

You can hit a QB if he slides a split second before the hit. Flacco fucked up by getting cheeky and trying to steal a first.

He didn't lead with the shoulder at his head. He went for a tackle but Flacco slid at the last second and put his head in the way. Couldn't give less of a shit that he got his bell rung at that point.

>40 - 0
>FORTY - ZERO

Is there another team in the NFL as pathetic as the Miami Dolphins?

I understand nothing about this. What sport is it?

3 yards out is enough to adjust. alonso just wasn't looking and went in like a mad man.

nevertheless, i think 90% of the linebackers would do this too. penalty on the field wasn't big enough. i think every DC would love to take out their opposing qb if it only costs a 15 yard penalty.

imo, if you deliver a foul hit and take your opponent out of the game, the player should be ejected

I wonder who’s more happy by this. Ravens fans or the rest of the NFL.

The Atlanta Falcons

Ravens fans still believe Flacco is elite. It's a weird kind of delusion.

>3 yards out is enough to adjust.

t. somebody who has never competed in any sort of sport

I think if QBs want to run and not get hit then they have to slide a lot earlier. Like you have to slide before anyone is even close to you.

I don't believe hits to the head shoulder be allowed but common sense should prevail and Alonso had no way to pull out of that hit.

watch the replay fishbrain. alonso was still on his feet when flacco went down. he couldve easily lunged over him or even stretch his arms out to reduce the impact. But no, he deliberately put one shoulder down to hit him. alonso was either incompetent or blatantly dirty

>slide right before a man going full speed reached you
>Act like humans can stop on a dime and cry when you get hit

I think if we go by what your rules are and what constitutes 'being on your feet' and 'sliding giving yourself up bla bla' according to you, then NFL teams would be wise to go and just fill a roster with a bunch of average athletes, put them behind center and tell them 'ok run left or right and try to pick up two yards and then slide, and if you get hit on your way down then hey its 15 yards for us'. like how would that not be an effective strategy? that would put so much pressure on the defense. and if they just give up and give you the yardage then its 3rd and short every time and you bring in the real qb. the offense could even try to just game the fuck out of it. like just try to slide into contact. see a defender? try to slide into him.

>he believes the flacco is not elite meme
wew lad

Everyone is saying that and pointing to slow motion vids to "prove" it. But games aren't actually played in slow-mo, dipshit.

As a failcons fan I agree

Kiko went for the helmet, tho.

He was going for the midsection, but the moment he committed to the tackle Flaccid started the slide. Trying to pull up from a tackle, especially for someone who has such strong muscle memory for the action, is hard. People give defensive players way too much flak for shit like this. Yeah the hit was questionable and deserved a penalty, but people don't need to go into these stupid witch hunts every time a LB hits an offensive player in a bad spot because the offensive player changed their body orientation at the last second.

are you retarded? like that would actually work. slide and lose yardage or slide and lose your head in order to get a first down. not a winning strategy and amazing how you come up with that retarded stuff.
In the first frame, at flacco's last stride, there were like 7-8 yards apart. the second frame, where flacco starts to slide, they're roughly 5 yards frm eachother. in the third frame, where flacco is on one knee, kiki wants iniate the tackle. But at this moment, his idea was to turn his shoulder to flacco and look away rather than to avoid a hit or reduce the impact.

So you are saying a nfl linebacker, who has years of experience playing the position in and outside the nfl, didn't know what was coming? And even if he did, he couldnt do anything to avoid knocking someone out? fuck off

It's not like Flacco is the first quarterback to slide late. We've seen plenty of instances where the defender either leaps over the quarterback or makes grazing contact. They're quite capable of avoiding clobbering the quarterback.