So is Missing Pieces meant to be watched separately...

So is Missing Pieces meant to be watched separately? Or is there any reason not to watch the fan edit that merges it into the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/10647514/Twin.Peaks.Fire.Walk.with.Me.1992.The.Missing.Pieces.1080p.BluRa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fan edit has nothing to do with Lynch's auteurism so I'd watch the Missing Pieces separately at first and then the fan edit :)

>What did she mean by this?

One reason is that the fan edit is shit, as fan edits tend to be.
Another reason is that it's a goddamn separate work, what do you think? If Lynch wanted those scenes to be in FWWM(he didn't, which he has stated explicitly), he would've put them there.

FWWM is complete shit. Missing pieces is good. Lynch cut out all of the fun and enjoyable parts of the movie. Dont even bother with it

FWWM is Laura's story and it is supposed to be dark and unhappy as her life was..

>Le coffee and cherry pie humor xD

pleb detected

>If Lynch wanted those scenes to be in FWWM(he didn't, which he has stated explicitly)
I thought he did want them there, but the studio told him it was too long?

They were cut. Studio made him compromise his vision. But Lynch hadn't made a DC though.

Maybe, but I'm referring to a few years ago, when he made MP. He said that, to him, FWWM is perfect the way it is. Obviously, he could've made something like a DC if he wanted to.

He's never done a DC for Dune either (although thats understandable) I think he's the anti-lucas when it comes to that stuff

The fan edit is the definitive version of the film. Much of it is just useless cruft but still lends to the atmosphere and humor of the movie. For example, the Josie scene could be (and was) cut out without harming the narrative whatsoever, and really the same could be said of the show. But other aspects introduced by the Missing Pieces that actually relate to the Teresa Banks and Laura Palmer stories are borderline crucial.

The theatrical cut is a compromised production, to the point it's nearly unwatchable. The Fan Edit is bloated and overstuffed, but much of what it restores is vital, missing material.

>The theatrical cut is a compromised production, to the point it's nearly unwatchable.
Not true at all. Almost everything adds up when you watch the movie, having seen the show.

The epilogue is fucking fantastic

Except cutting out the epilogue, which was retarded and makes the theatrical a waste of time.

>The fan edit is the definitive version of the film
Fuck you. You're probably the guy who made it.

I like the way it ends. Laura looks up and sees that there was an angel after all - they hadn't left her. It blurs whether you should feel glad or sad for Laura.

Watch them separately. The scenes in the Missing Pieces ARE good but (1) the fan edit is a bloated 3 1/2 hours, which kind of drags, and (2) most of the scenes are isolated segments with characters not in the film (Andy, Lucy, Josie, etc.) and quite frankly don't really belong in it and were cut for a reason. FWWM and The Missing Pieces are separate experiences and work well enough that way

Theatrical is Laura's story and outside of the beginning is extremely well focused on it. It's good.

I feel like people who shit on the Deer Meadow part of FWWM have only seen it once. I thought it was amazing on future re-watches, it might almost be my favorite part of the film.

It's good, but it's unnecessary. It was included for sequel bait.

I genuinely wish that, somehow, we could have still followed Desmond during the Laura segments. He's a very interesting character, totally distinct from Cooper and yet visibly capable of filling the same role. The bulk of the Laura story is just retreading material from the show only with fewer actors, and really only seems to click in the portion where it's Laura's flirtations with the Black Lodge.

>inb4 it was cooper dream

I'd watch them seperately. It's what I did.

The Missing Pieces add a lot of interesting stuff, and a lot of the twin peaks humor that you expect from the series, but it also has some less-useful scenes that would really drag the movie on.
Think of it as some sort of series of vignettes that were happening at the time.

>Season 3 Episode 1 begins
>Cooper wakes up at the Great Northern after having rescued Annie from the Black Lodge
>The original ending was just a dream

I'd honestly believe it I mean remember this?

>I know who killed Laura Palmer...yes it can wait till morning
>I forgot

I remember lots of things.

>Who shot Cooper?

>Who was the masked man in the meeting of Leo and Bobby/Mike?

but it WAS fun and enjoyable

I wish we got more Donna

Josie shot him, we learn that in the show.

The masked man was put there to be explained later and never was, it's probably one of the renaults I guess (or hank if he was out of jail at this point)

>>Who shot Cooper?
Josie

>>Who was the masked man in the meeting of Leo and Bobby/Mike?
It was the thin Renault, wasn't it?

Agreed. Movie Donna was fucking incredible.

>actually
>SERIOUSLY
>considering watching
>FAN
>EDITS

It's barely a fan edit, the original script is online so all the guy had to to was put things where they belong and make the transitions work.

I wish the actress was in more films. She was a pleasure to look at, at least.

It also helped Donna wasn't an angsty teenager during the film

absolutely shit tier opinion

>The fan edit is the definitive version of the film.
>The theatrical cut is a compromised production, to the point it's nearly unwatchable.

Fuck off with your garbage opinions. The definitive version of Fire Walk With Me is the version that David Lynch put out, period. Editing is fucking important, and anything that was edited without creator input will never be the 'definitive version.' Besides, there's literally nothing vital in The Missing Pieces. A few scenes that could've made the final cut, sure, but definitely nothing vital.

Watch them separately.

The epilogue is very good, but the movie was Laura's story and it wouldn't have made sense to end it on a note that had nothing to do with Laura. The actual ending of FWWM is amazing, adding the epilogue would've only lessened it.

I assumed it was Agent Jeffries.

He's the only prominent person in the scene who is unexplained (apart from a couple of lumberjacks) and it's supposed to be Jeffries explaining what he saw when he infiltrated the meeting. Therefore it's gotta be him, no?

He even has a suit and similar hair to him.

No, it's scene from one of the very early episodes where Leo throws the football

Will Leland the the next bob

That sounds about right actually. Interesting idea

It'll be Dale, to keep Twin Peaks theme of duality

What the fuck do you mean by "unnecessary"? You have to be a special kind of retard to watch Lynch for the plot. Furthermore, it's actually crucial to the plot and gives the film a much needed set-up, but fuck it, I can't be bothered to explain it to you.

I bought that BR release to watch before the new season.

I can barely contain myself. I'm leaking.

>I can't be bothered to explain it to you.
Because you can't. I think the first 30 minutes are great, but they absolutely are unnecessary. The only thing they really establish is Theresa and the ring. Theresa could have been mentioned, or just left as implied, when Coop tells Albert there will be "another murder".

The ring does not need to be introduced in the first 30 minutes, because it does not act the same way in Laura's story. It teleports Agent Desmond, whilst it just stops Bob from possessing Laura. Not to mention it's introduced to Laura in a dream anyway.

You may say the first 30 minutes "add to the atmosphere" but they are completely tonally different to the rest of the film. The first 30 minutes are lighthearted, and mysterious - pretty much what Twin Peaks is generally like. Laura's story is very dark and may as well be a horror movie, without the scares.

is there a way to see just the Missing Pieces?

What are you asking, exactly?

I presume he's wondering if you can watch the missing scenes, without the fan edit or having to buy other Twin Peaks related stuff with it.

If he's asking for a link to watch The Missing Pieces, then I'm interested as well.

>tfw loved FWWM and would like season 3 to be entirely in that style
>tfw also a sucker for small town and muh cherry pie and cup of joe

I think there will be both a good Dale (possibly in an alternate twin peaks) and a bad Dale (from the original timeline)

just a theory but i cant see them only having Dale as the new Bob. He was such a likable character and the comfiest moments were Dale and Harry doing detective work and drinkin coffee

I had a dream about season 3. They CGI'd the Man from Another Place.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/10647514/Twin.Peaks.Fire.Walk.with.Me.1992.The.Missing.Pieces.1080p.BluRa

Does that allow you to play The Missing Pieces separately? I already have the film on DVD.

Yep that's what I meant by duality, we've seen (presumably) good Dale in a teaser already

Yes, it's separate.