Why are Brits so salty that their iteration of English is dying to the objectively better and more powerful one?

Why are Brits so salty that their iteration of English is dying to the objectively better and more powerful one?

bbc.com/culture/story/20170904-how-americanisms-are-killing-the-english-language

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prickly
youtube.com/watch?v=-5YKLxWRXo4
youtube.com/watch?v=ABhZQ_VRbsQ
livescience.com/33652-americans-brits-accents.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>America
>2120
Murrijew fairy tales

...and the rockets red glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

>2120
Talk about breaking news!

*nglos btfo

Don't they mean Aztlanisms?

It's already halfway done though. Apparently words like marvelous are now less popular than their American counterparts like Awesome.

They're not suposed to see it coming

Hola

>muh ebul americanisms
>gives practically no examples of americanisms

British people are severely autistic when it comes to their language which is grammatically very dull and 70% of which consists of loan words from language families other than its own. This wouldn't be that bad if they weren't particularly prickly about their transatlantic cousins removing some of the most redundant outgrowths and replacing them with smooth mechanisms grounded in the Germanic nature of English in colloquial use of language or the Latin foundation in academia respectively.

American English should never have been created

>aluminium
That word alone means you're wrong.

>be murrican
>don't know the difference between there, their and they're
>don't know the difference between your and you're
>don't know the difference between its and it's
>don't know the difference between were and we're
>don't know the difference between who, whom, whose and who's
>don't know the difference between then and than
>don't know the difference between to and too
>don't know the difference between of and off
>don't know the difference between lose and loose
>don't know the difference between effect and affect
>don't know the difference between simple past and past perfect
>don't know the difference between adjectives and adverbs
>don't know the difference between genitive and plural
>don't know how to spell common words
>don't know where to set commas or any other punctuation rules
>unironically say "should of" or "could of"

t. calls the pharmacist a "chemist"

>be europeen
>my life is so meaningless that I have nothing better to do at 2am than talk about america

>be American
>have nothing better to do than respond to euros at 2am European time

Actually waiting for an Uber, lad.

Talk about me while I'm gone ;)

>it's okay when non-anglos use shiton of English words everyday but it's not okay when we use a few American words!

AYO MAH NIGGA WE SPEEKZ MERICAN ENGLESH AYO WUDDA PROBLEMO SENORES

>at 2am European time
wtf. Why does their time mater?
>prickly
picky?

Also you should check out Anglish, sounds like your type of thing (even though I think it's lame).

You're both subhuman cretins undeserving of modernity.

Americans are human garbage thus adopting their niggardly tongue is a sign of cultural decline.

kek, do they actually do that? Can't make this shit up.

>Don't they mean Aztlanisms?
No, because we fuck with their language too.

>being this mad
lamo

so the whole world is declining...?

>This wouldn't be that bad if they weren't particularly prickly about their transatlantic cousins removing some of the most redundant outgrowths and replacing them with smooth mechanisms grounded in the Germanic nature of English in colloquial use of language or the Latin foundation in academia respectively.
We are your cousins too. Also, don't forget they for the most part dropped the languages traditional rhotic pronunciation while we kept it.

well yes, but that dosnt really have much to do with it

iirc frogs literally have a law that forbids mixing english words in french in media

Isn't that just Québec?

>be American
>>have nothing better to do than respond to euros at 2am European time

Depending on the time zone we are eating, getting ready to go out or travelling. Perfect shitposting time.

>picky?
No, prickly.

>en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prickly
>2(of a person) ready to take offence.
‘she came across as prickly and generally difficult’

lmao that's rich. They do that in Quebec too, their super militant about it.

>French speakers call chicken "poulet"
HAHAHA POOLAY

*they're

>iirc frogs literally have a law that forbids mixing english words in french in media
Yeah I recall hearing that they officially (like in print) have to use the French versions of things like skateboard and computer.

WTF?? now I hate PFK!!!

>British (((((((((english)))))))))))
youtube.com/watch?v=-5YKLxWRXo4

There is a reason Anglos eat beef and pork instead of cow and pig. Had Norman nobility liked chicken and fish more we would be calling them poulay and poizzon.

Cause they cant forget that usa was their colony and now Britaine is puppy of USA.
youtube.com/watch?v=ABhZQ_VRbsQ

>British

It's pronounced that way in every Anglophone country except the USA

>the absolute STATE of foreigners

I know the difference between all of these and can spell just fine. Take a running jump.

Everyone who has taken elementary school in an English speaking country knows those differences. IDK what he's going on about, maybe he just got triggered by the fact that in haste many people don't type in correct grammar.

well the flag is different so maybe hes talking about a different country?

Who know. Maybe it's famous german humor sense. They are very strange this germans.

HumOUR not humor

Man, sorry but google say it's humor.

mfw yanks pronounce the words tomato, aluminum, vitamin, muslim and the letter Z wrong. And also writing wrong the words colour, flavour and centre.

>should of
That doesn't make any sense at all
It's supposed to be should've which is short for should have......................................

I hope you realize Brits developed their accents after 1776. (Meaning we wuz the correct pronunciation of the English language)

fuck whoever created this shitty meme jesus christ

This is a fact agreed upon almost universally by linguists and historians. I don't understand your inability to accept it.

livescience.com/33652-americans-brits-accents.html

We've always has the word "awesome", but we used to use it very differently.

It meant "awe inspiring". It was a formal word, not an informal word.

So you might say "it was an awesome building", meaning that it was very grand, it inspired awe. The meaning now is very different.

how do they pronounce those words in the colony?

Good posts

In good ol' hick accent.

I simply must have this book!

did you know that many brits say z the same as we do? in fact it is the preferred way

>we've always has

GUARDIANS OF OUR LANGUAGE

>be kraut
>be irrelevant

lmao
Do a lot of people speak english there?

only québecois do it because they don't feel safe about anglos not corrupting their language

which is fair

we have no reason to be insecure like them about that so no we don't do that

we do regularly laugh at the funny translations they find for english movies though