Why do Nordics do this?

Why do Nordics do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0piL_tY_yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait a bus? Not everyone owns a car

Why not?
Speaking to strangers is not something I find interesting. Especially not in a damn bus line..

lmao poorfuck kys

You can stand close to people and still you don't have to talk to them, you know.

dumb nigger
beta male
low test cuckboi
poorfuck no car phuck
bull prepper
ball sucker
very autist 0 / 10 try again
ahhh fuck ass fart man 69

Bad infrastructure, they need taco stands in bus stops

But why? What purpose would that serve? Honestly?

It's even greater distance now because black and arabs are at the bus stop and you think they will stab you any second.

So this....this is the power of Finnish banter.

It sucks when you have to travel somewhere further than Helsinki-region, but I save around 3000€/year using public transport

do they pay you for using public transport or something?

>Why do Nordics do this?
I rather walk 45 minutes in a snow storm than get on a bus that is full. Not even joking.
So standing a couple meters apart is nothing.
Hell I would rather have twice that space to feel comfortable. I have no interest in random people. I just happen to share a bus with them.

so you don't look like a little pansy that needs to stand your bull's cock length away from each other

Wouldn't you have to say hello to the sizable amount of people you would inevitably pass on your 45 minute walk?

Employer pays my pass. With cars there's maintenance, insurances, gas not to mention the car itself.
I do owned a car but sold since didn't need it anymore

That's turbo autism. I'd just wait for another under the roof.

This, fuck public transportation. I ride my bike everywhere, winter and summer.
Doesn't matter if it's +30 degrees or -30 degrees.

Speak a English? Not everyone learn a grammar.

But everyone does it so no one cares...
>saying hello to strangers in the street
No, this isn't America...

but it looks pathetic
even in finland nobody stood that far at the bus

>wait for another
And then maybe the next is full, or not coming for another 30 minutes. Might as well walk.

>Talking to people

I give them a nod at best, try not to make eye contact if possible.

ahh, don't banter about English m8, I heard it's tough for Finns to pick up English because their language is weird.
Rude culture tbqh, I say hello or good afternoon or something to that effect to every person I pass if they haven't already greeted me.

Or get Uber

>Rude culture tbqh, I say hello or good afternoon or something to that effect to every person I pass if they haven't already greeted me.
the fuck is wrong with you
you from the south?

>looks pathetic
Yet again, everyone does it here so no one cares.
Unless some American tourist who needs constant social confirmation is standing there not a single person will give a shit, not even if you stand 10 meters away, with sunglasses, hood and headphones hiding behind a tree.
That's how we function.

Southern California.

This
Maybe a small little smil to at least show good intentions.
Im pretty sure swedes sit on the outer seat on the bus too, taking up two seats also huh.
Its pretty rude tb h.

Prepositions works differently since they're noun cases and there's no articles. I still have problems with them.
Banting about grammar isn't nice since native speakers confuse their, they're and your and you're often.

I do this too, though it's not because I hate taking the bus. I just like winter biking to be honest.

>to every person I pass
Be in northern Sweden.
Dressed in 10 layers of clothes.
Try to say "Hi" to someone in the street. "Hmph" is all the sound that makes it past all that fabric.
Tries to raise hand to wave hello.
Can't.
Also saying hello to everyone is retarded..

I can see why finns were banned from KC

So this is what happens when there's no women in your life constantly nagging you into social interaction?

>Uber
Isn't legal here. Only registered taxi services.
Cheaper to buy a car..

Yeah. What's technically my first language doesn't have articles either. Also there aren't she or he, so I know the struggle Finns go through.
It builds a sense of community.

Ugh, terrible. Your government sure likes to torture you.

>sense of community
We have school and work for that.
Our women do the same.

Thing is, we don't like pretending we give a fuck about complete strangers and people don't expect that either.

>Dressed in 10 layers of clothes.
The past few winters have been warm like -5c on average and I live north as well.
Even the snow melted at the middle of the winter.

Me too, riding in the snow is fun and calming.
And I'm never sick unlike my co-workers who take the bus etc.

I do give a fuck about strangers though. It's not disingenuous

>interacting

I live in Vuoggatjålme and our winters have been staying at a steady -15 for the past 20 years.
Often colder than that. It is literally the coldest place in Sweden even though we are not the most northern.

>Nordic are too autistic to realise that we aren't poking fun at them for using the bus but for retarded spacing

how do you ride these bicycle things anyway. looks pretty hard

but it is a natural protection from refugees?

>Why
Because it's fucking cold...
When you just got up, tired and probably hungover and it's cold as balls outside and the snow is like tiny razor blades in your face you don't exactly feel like striking up a pointless conversation of bullshit with some random stranger. No, you shut up, try to keep warm and hope the fucking coffee machine at work isn't broken.

>for using the bus but for retarded spacing
Why would you want to stand next to one if there's space? Some people smoke cigarettes so it's good to have some space between

100% refugee free here yes.

Not being in a major city is protection from seeing refugees.

They only put them up in expensive areas so that they can waste the maximum amount of taxpayer money.

how are asians in toronto doing? working hard or collecting gimmiedats?

No they put them also into failing hotel business in the middle of nowhere. The owner gets like 200€/day per one refugee paid by taxpayers. And it has full capacity for a year or two.
It's a goldmine for them. The refugee centers themselves are in the middle of nowhere.

They're little snowflakes, how can you even say anything about them. They love Arabs and Somalis.

kek, that's an awesome business model. it helps the worst losers. do they need to have a relative in the government to get such a deal?

Gimmiedats as legal immigrants is a European thing. Last time I went to Canada the immigrants were actually integrated and working like it is here.

>do they need to have a relative in the government to get such a deal?
That's the thing. They'd be bankrupt if it weren't for those refugees and tax payers.
They funnel tax moneys to those refugee centres. It's a billion dollar business, even here with not that many nignogs

It's probably just plain old corruption. "Cow deals" as they're called here, better known in English as "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

I live in BC, dunno about Toronto. The problem immigrants here are Indians. One family member has a skill, comes over, brings his uneducated unskilled family members who go to Surrey and work in some shady family business or pick berries long enough to get benefits, then leech off the system. They never discipline their children so they all grow up as nigger-wanna-be thugs who join gangs and do public shootings. The last 20 years gun violence and gang activity has become a thing. They actually have to run anti-gang programs in schools now it's become so bad.

Scandinavian personal space thread?

How do you deal with surprise black ice?

By not turning. As long as you go straight and keep a steady pace you won't slip even if you're driving on mirror ice.

Sounds pretty sketchy, desu. I'd need some knee and elbow pads for that.

Makes sense to me tbqh.

I roll on these all winter.
I can ride uphill on slick ice, turn, brake etc no problems.

National shame. Enjoy your food with feces.

>so you don't look like a little pansy
So it's all about image. Is pathological American insecurity the reason why your nation desperately tries to project itself all over the world?

Blacks are no longer a surprise for Swedes.

Like the other user said, studded winter tires.
Just ride like usual. Ice is no obstacle.

>It builds a sense of community.
Is that why your nation is the most socially divided place in the western world? All that "community"?

Here the chads always went to backseats and virgin nerds to the front

Meh, just be careful and don't tense up.
Or use winter tires like the other guys.

How the fuck do you even build a community in the USA, when you can't say anything without risking autistic screeching in return? Seems like nobody in the USA is able to hear differing opinions to their own, so keeping to yourself should be the logical conclusion in your country more than here.

>car breaks down
>in shop for 2 weeks waiting for parts
>have to take the bus
i met and talked to a lot of cool people and actually got laid from it

but i live in a college town so maybe its different

>implying the dirt and shit doesn't make them taste better
No guts no glory.

Talking about the politics is a taboo.

meh, things are pretty harmonious here in my soCal suburb
>good afternoon ma'am
>good afternoon to you as well, have a good day
It's literally just that. Happened to me 3 times walking home yesterday.

I like to walk downstairs because I hate the elevator

>work at the front desk of a hotel
>we learn the 5/10 rule
>if a guest is within 10 feet, smile and acknowledge them with a nod
>if a guest is within 5 feet, greet them by saying hello, good morning, etc
>start doing it outside of work too
it actually works and has started a lot of good convos and friendships

you should try it my autistic cousins

The only strangers you would be able to talk to here would be the crazy screaming lady and the drunk/addict. The rest of the normal people in the bus is either listening to music with headphones or just not interested.
Neither am I.

this.

That's at work... We are social in our work places.

>smile and acknowledge them with a nod
And just like that you made me and others uncomfortable and I will most likely leave and never come back.
People are just different here.

But he's in hospitality, his clientele are complete strangers to him.

Are you taking your autism too far?
I don't interact with my colleagues outside work. I've met many acquaintances in the past month not related to my work

Oh man, I'd have some tough time with that at first. But at least it's better than getting most of my American social interaction studies from college campuses in regressive strongholds like LA, Portland and Seattle.

Still part of his work.
If someone would be standing in the street, nodding and saying hello to strangers here that would be a guaranteed stamp of "that person is a lunatic, avoid now"

Well I work with my friends. In my brothers mechanic shop.
If I wanna meet new people I go to the pub.
I don't harass random strangers while waiting for the bus.

>I don't harass random strangers while waiting for the bus.
Yeah. You don't meet people like that
Most of my friends are friends of a friends of a friends. That's how you meet girls too. :DD
I guess it's pretty much similar there

This is how it works for me and many (or most ) Swede's.

Being social isn't our normal state of mind. It's something we have to "turn on" so to speak.
When I'm in a bus or train etc the last thing on my mind is social interaction. I'm there because I need transportation.
If someone comes up and talk to me I will most likely be annoyed, it's rude. It's ok to ask the time or ask for directions. Go ahead.
But striking up small talk for no reason?
Excuse my language but fuck off. I don't know you, I'm 99% surely not in the mood for it. So kindly leave me alone.
BUT, if I'm in a pub or something sure. Chat me up, because that's why I'm there.

This is why you're being taken over

way too much space
makes sense to me

>taken over
Sure mate, sure...
Let's all talk to random strangers and all the niggers and sand monkeys will magically leave.

Couldn't have said it better my self. Spot on mate.

I'm saying you have no sense of community, no sense of altruism, no sense of belonging or friendliness and therefore no sense of loyalty or brotherhood to your fellow swedes
You're all isolated automatons that hide in your own world, easily ignoring the changes around you because unlike someone who's deeply involved in their community your personal world is relatively undisturbed.

But we have close connections. We have strong bonds and friendships. Just not fake smiles and meaningless bullshit with strangers in big cites while using mass transportation...
Shit son, of your counties entire community depends on talking in the bus you ain't a community.

>let me tell you about your country
The sense of community is much closer than in Canada for example. Since in the end you're all Swedes. And you help eachothers. Having community doesn't mean having all smiles, since we trust each others.
Ethnic nationalism is something that new worlders never understand. I don't know if Swedes have that, but culturally we're similar in that sense.

Even if they don't call it ethnic nationalism. Finnsh people always like to be with each other

youtube.com/watch?v=z0piL_tY_yo