How do we kill the cancer that is the generals?

How do we kill the cancer that is the generals?

can you read?
But yeah, generals are shit.

Umm janitors please do your job and delete this thread it is no longer allowed than kyou.

Doesn't come up for me

Please delete mods

pls no ban

I no see

thx

but otherwise, some minor sports, ... well in fact, all non-association football sports, need generals to survive the constant football holocaust that Sup Forums has become

They seriously need ban Eternal Arsenal thread. It's so fucking dumb to have an entire general dedicated to one team. Where do you draw the line for which teams get to have a general? And what happens with match threads when fans have their own general to post in, literally no one will use it. This is the case with Arsenal matches right now. The community is split with general football viewers in the match thread and Arsenal fans in the general. It's a disgusting behavior tbqh and I'm sure most of this board agrees with me.

not having generals would work if the board had a single subject, it's split between sports and soccer right now and until soccer gets a containment board, there must be generals

snowflake

I don't know but they're getting out of control. At one point today 15 of the 20 threads at the top of the catalog were generals. It's absolutely shit and kills originality and proper discussion.

Generals are fine for topics that don't require their own thread but are still worthy of discussion.

An example, and where an /epl/ general would've sufficed, would be Kane being out for tomorrow's match against Utd. But because there was no /epl/, multiple different mouthbreathers took it upon themselves to shit up the board with dedicated threads around that topic.

Football (soccer) needs its own board ASAP.

I suggest we move our business to /soc/cer

Underrated post.

>/soc/cer
Fuck off. Either it's a new board with a name like /foot/ for football or we stay here. Sup Forums's already an association football board anyway.

American sports already have their own board

>can't change his IP
fucking cringe

Yeah but he's right. Soccer is the biggest subject on here, and it has little crossover effect to the next biggest subjects, which are American major sports. Then the same could be said with heem and then aussies and their sports, etc. There's just very little to crossover and talk about except US vs Europe shitposting.

Soccer is about as relevant as paper and origami to most Americans on here and the ones that do tend not to give a shit much about the other sports. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual with sudacas and yuropeasants

>Brazilians getting triggered by that pic
kek

Generals rose out of mods closing down Sup Forums until generals were the threads where you actually funpost for a while without getting banned. But eventually most posters left and you see Sup Forums with nothing but dead generals.

Reminder that mods deserve to be burned alive.

RIP /epl/

if you ban generals then were is the plebbit circlejerk going to post? be careful with what you wish, also it is worth mentioning that out of houndreds of generals the /sg/ in Sup Forums is actually good and useful

That's how it should be. Generals are cancer.

Maybe we just generals for specific sports and everything else is funposting?

delete /arse/, match day threads, etc and move them all to /epl/ or even /foot/

Move match day threads to /nfl/

etc