The Shield Blu-ray

twitter.com/ShawnRyanTV/status/829819829364273152

This is my most anticipated release this year. Delayed, but it's gonna be worth it.

Do you guys like The Shield?

I dunno about this. Part of The Shield's thing is that it looks shitty.

According to Shawn Ryan the gritty look will be preserved in its entirety. ALLEGEDLY we won't get an Ultimate Hunter's Edition situation here. I hate artificial smoothing. I can't believe some people want things to look like they weren't shot on film.

>Do you guys like The Shield?
its breddy gud
Based Mackey

this shit fucked me up so much You ever sucked a dick like a cell bitch

I think this still holds the spot for most shocking / "over the top" scene for non-HBO TV.

Any other candidates?

I can't wait for this release. They're doing it right. I have the series on DVD, which I got as a gift, but I have a 4K TV and a hankering to rewatch the series.

Same here, it's going to be great. If I love a show or movie I'll buy the Blu-ray, and I thought I'd have to settle for the DVDs. I hope we get some more behind the scenes.

>I hope we get some more behind the scenes
Apparently there's a shitload of BTS and other extras that are supposed to be included. Shawn Ryan tweeted about it a year or so ago iirc.

FX was really pushing the boundaries of what you could get away with on cable.
Nip/Tuck, another FX original, gets pretty fucking far out as well. It's pretty good even though the later seasons start getting really tired. At the least the first two or three seasons are solid gold.

are they gonna do all the seasons?

im scared they do one season then don't do the rest cause of lack of sales.

I've seen Nip/Tuck in its entirety, and you're right it definitely goes pretty far. I watched it on Netflix years ago before they took it off (US). My mother was at the dump a couple years ago and found a sealed box set of the entire series, so she grabbed it and gave it to me. No idea why someone would throw out something that was still sealed.

This never occurred to me, but every major publication is citing "The Shield: The Complete Series," so I think there's no reason to think we won't get the full show.

Why did he kill the cat?

Nip/Tuck got bogged down with throwaway, nothing characters like the ugly son.

I fucking loved The Shield, but I think like Breaking Bad it lacks some rewatch value.

A lot of what made the show great was the way it built tension and made you keep wanting to see more and more of what would happen in the following episodes through cliff hangers and near misses of Vick and the law.

It did this better than Breaking Bad and I think its overall a better series, but once you know what's around the corner its much less exciting and interesting.

Mad Men and The Sopranos at least have a lot more background details as well as very subtle character moments that give you a little bit more meat on a rewatch, but that seems to be lacking in The Shield, and I've rewatched it twice.

Because after listening to Bob describe what it was like to take a life, he thought he'd try it for himself. I think he wanted to see if "you were just born with it," or if people learned to kill. Either way, he was obviously disgusted with himself and repented in a later episode (took one of the kittens out of the "adopt me" box).

Matt McNamara is one of the most grating characters in existence.

It's a series collection, not individual seasons.

>it's a Matt asks his dads for a sex change operation because his cellmate wants more than his boipucci episode
>tfw the next episodes is a matt chemically castrating his cell mate who finds out and rapes him with a broom handle episode
At least horrible things are constantly happening to him. Baby crabhands was objectively the worst.

That can't be real.
Is that real?

You should watch it, it's a good show. If you're not hooked by the first few episodes go ahead and drop it, but you'll be hooked by the first few.

I recently watched it like a year ago and it blew me away.

The writing isn't smart, but fuck is it intense and action packed kino. The season 5 finale and series finale were pure cocaine in tv form.

Somewhat agree with this.

I haven't rewatched BrBa but I'm sure it probably has rewatch value. It had pretty good directors shooting that show. Lots of good cinematic framing. I don't know about The Shield though. It was shot very differently from any of the shows you listed. Much more documentary like.

Mad Men and Sopranos indeed exceed either of them in that capacity of cinematic framing.

I watched the first 4 or 5 seasons but lost interest.

Sounds about right, the carver arc was anticlimactic, and it gets kind of dumb for a while. But eventually peter dinklege cucks mcnamara.