I'm arguing with my friends about who the most famous football player ever is. I say it's OJ Simpson. Am I right?

I'm arguing with my friends about who the most famous football player ever is. I say it's OJ Simpson. Am I right?

Stop with the lies...you have no friends

I feel like a huge percentage of people don't even know he was an NFL player.

I'd say Brett Favre

subjective, his notoriety transcends the NFL

I'm not black, I'm O.J.

Oldfag here, I was in middle school when the OJ trial went down.

To me and everyone else my age, he was a movie star more than a football player.

He will always be The Juice.

well, do you think of Arnold Schwarzenegger as a Governor or Actor, OP?

Tom Brady obviously

>Madden

Not that kids playing Madden know who the fuck he is these days.

bodybuilder.

Hey, it's that guy from the Naked Gun movies!

Randy moss

Jim Brown

You probably are right, oj simpson was infamous for sports and non sports fan alike and the case was televised worldwide. They didnt call it the trial of the century for nothing.

Brett Favre is famous mostly among nfl fans in the us. During the trial, EVERYONE knew who OJ simpson was.

I would say he's number two

Hell no

Hell no

Bo Jackson was also pretty big as a crossover star, but no where near as notorious as OJ.

Other examples could be Michael Vick or Aaron Hernandez, but they arent as famous as OJ.

You did good OP

>and the case was televised worldwide. (((They))) didnt call it the trial of the century for nothing.
Do Americans actually believe this?

>nobody cared who I was until I wore the glove

Ask anyone here to name an American football player and the only one most people would come up with is the Juice, so yeah, I'd say you're right

You're right, although is very true

without a doubt it's oj

that's a not very big glove

i literally cant think of another player other than tom brady and i only know of him because of Sup Forums

so yeah , gotta be OJ although obviously hes not the most famous because of his sporting achievements

As someone who has never watched a game of American football I would say yes, without a doubt. He's the only internationally famous player. I only heard about Tom Brady from Sup Forums but I knew of OJ Simpson from a young age.

I'd say probably John Elway.

This.

NFL's most internationally famous star is this black guy who got away with double murder.

Cristiano Ronaldo.

4u

Oj wins by a mile since outside of the US nobody knows who's Tom Brady or some other great players. If you joke about deflating balls noone will get it, if you joke about OJ most people will understand at least.

Yeah, it's not handegg fame, but still - the most famous player.

I'd say Ronaldo is the most known

its this

As someone who doesn't follow handegg I would unironically say Colin Kaepernick is the best known player outside of the USA.

Even my dad can name OJ and he has never watched a NFL game in his life.

nobody even knows who this in europe. OJ somewhat rings a bell to a lot of people

OJ Simpson is not famous for being an NFL player though.

Most people here couldn't name any players. Brady and OJ I'd say would be only ones that are kinda known.

It's probably true. Everyone here knows the name of OJ, thanks only to the fact that he didn't do it.
I'd imagine it's the same for the rest of the west.

this desu

They do believe it because it was televised worldwide, I was in my twenties working in Europe when it happened and local news discussed it.

It also is considered the trial of the century in the US, obviously it's not the trial of the century around the world but that wasn't the original meaning of my post.

If you have any alternative answer to op's question go for it, I'd like to hear it.

Based OJ. Can't wait to see him on the NFL on FOX show yucking it up with Howie and Terry

heh same. i was in elementary school born in 83. I didn't know he was a football player for awhile. I just remembered him in top gun movie

Also made the Kardashians famouns and now look at what has happened

that wasn't the question

OJ is the only American Footballer that is widely known outside of the US even though most people dont know that he played

There are guys like The Rock who played at the college level. I wouldn't expect you to know any who are solely famous just for playing, like the vast majority of Americans can't name a single soccer except maybe David Beckham.

>brits in charge of reading

This doesnt make sense to me. Is he nown as "that american black guy that killed two white people and played some kind of american sport"?

The Rock

4me

he's the guy who exposed your ridiculous justice system

JFK

He didnt expose shit. His lawyers exposed some shit about the LAPD but nothing really happened as a result. If you watch the documentary ESPN did one juror, the old black lady straight up says she new all along she was gonna vote not guilty as revenge for rodney king.

I never heard of Tom Brady outside of Sup Forumsee. He's irelevant in the UK and in every country that isn't in North America and Brazil, where he is just known as Giselle's husband.

OJ meanwhile is iconic. Everyone knows who he is.

he's the only famous one, maybe the rock was one too?

I only knew OJ because of the Naked Gun movies and because of his trial. I first thought he was a basketball player.

Yes, but not because of his football career.

Huh?
He's a handegg player xD

As far as players famous for PLAYING football (so excluding OJ), I would've said, Joe Montana, Jim Brown, or Peyton. Definitely thought Peyton got more famous than Tom Brady or Brett Farve

Yes, but much moreso because of what he did off the field than on it.

So you are technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

>well, do you think of Arnold Schwarzenegger as a Governor or Actor, OP?

Kennedy by marriage

Lmao. We wouldn't even know who OJ was if not for his football exploits. He was a household name after winning the Heisman, and he was the best running back of the 70s and is close to GOAT for RBs all time. He was also famous for being a white black guy a la Michael Jackson.

Fuck you OP shill

you mean how they can corrupt a sample in a way that, instead of being totally worthless, somehow matches OJ's DNA?

I would have said Brett Favre but my sisters boyfriend (from Kentucky) literally had no clue who he was.

Probably. Him or Tom Brady are the only ones most people in Ireland would have heard of anyway.

Guess that guy never watched "There's Something about Mary"

Are you talking in America or around the world, because no non-Americans who don't follow NFL at all will know Favre.