Filmmakers considered using CGI to make her look more Asian for Ghost in a Shell

>I certainly would never presume to play another race of a person. Diversity is important in Hollywood, and I would never want to feel like I was playing a character that was offensive

>Also, having a franchise with a female protagonist driving it is such a rare opportunity. Certainly, I feel the enormous pressure of that—the weight of such a big property on my shoulders.

fusion.net/story/385763/scarlett-johansson-ghost-in-the-shell-comment/

The Major is a fucking robot, not an Asian. And a white-looking robot anyway.

Her name is Motoko Kusanagi.

>implying asians dont like making scarjo robots

She is a complete cyborg, all machine. Her body is not Asian.

why is smug scarjo so smug

>having a franchise with a female protagonist driving it is such a rare opportunity
Not really? I'd say the female-driven franchises that have popped up in the past few years may easily outnumber the male driven ones

Why didn't they CGI her into better acting

auntje shudve been the ghost in shell

So if an Asian man is named Michael he ceases to be Asian?

>I certainly would never presume to play another race of a person
What the fuck is she talking about?

She plays white characters all the time

This can't remember her name but Lee luu multipass had a half dozen alone

She's white.

>anime characters are white by default!
Get off this site

>WE CONSIDERED USING ASIAN CGI FOR A CHARACTER THAT ISN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE ASIAN

HOLY FUCK AAAA THEY DIDNT EVEN WATCH THE ANIME THESE FUCKS

You fucking moron the major in the original movie is a complete cyborg using a body which is supposed to be Caucasian, ergo the blue eyes. This is stated by the fucking author you absolute faggot

Doesn't look particularly caucasian nor is it mentioned in the actual thing.
I didn't know, fuck you.

Then why attack someone while only having limited knowledge?

I'm just busting your balls, props for not attacking me back.

She's trying really hard not to offend while navigating the doublethink.

>Cultural appropriation BAD
>Feminism Hero GOOD

Didn't the nips say they appreciated the role going to a white actress as it diversified and expanded the viewer base?

>filmmakers considered using CGI to make her look less chubby
fixed

>Doesn't look
nobody in anime looks the race they're supposed to
except black people, they always give them lips

Are they sure they didn't want to give her a yellow wipped cream face like in Cloud Atlas?

>white wash a character
>cgi her asian
why not just cut out the middle man and hire an asian to begin with?

Koreans and Chinamen are usually easy to spot in Anime. Japs fucking hate them so they always have the full on squinty eyes and yellow skin.

because the headline is actually bullshit

Probably because hollywood doesn't like asians.

So?
I know a guy with the last name Christ.
Doesn't make him Jesus.

>filmmakers considered using CGI to pretend she worke out

They jettisoned the core concept of the source material to remake Robocop in Japan, but instead, everyone's pissed they didn't give the role to a Japanese actress?

I know a guy who worked on this movie, apparently the director, producers and almost all the cast have never seen the anime

>complete cyborg, all machine

>cyborg
>A cyborg (short for "cybernetic organism") is a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts.

you are clinically retarded, you should have been euthanized.

did you not watch the '95 move
like, pretty much everything but her brain is mechanical, and we're not even 100% certain of that last bit

This isn't the anime, retard.

Even if shes kinda ugly scarjo is better looking than like 80% of Asian women (who don't get plastic surgery).

>pretty much everything but her brain
so shes not completely a machine you retard

>Also, having a franchise with a female protagonist driving it is such a rare opportunity. Certainly, I feel the enormous pressure of that—the weight of such a big property on my shoulders.
But the big part of the movie was how ambiguous the major was. Afaik it was never stated in the movie whether the major was actually female or not.

Are you talking about his brother, Edward? That dude is pretty chill.

The implication is she isn't, but it's never truly confirmed either. The opening is a cyborg looking like her being made, but then later it gets mentioned the body is just a heavily modified standard model. There's even a similar looking civilian cyborg seen in the movie.

Damn, pregnancy and feminism hit this bitch like a mac truck. Can't believe I nutted to her. Sad!

goddamn smug scarjo

the top tier (20℅) of asian women look better than 90℅ of """"white women"""" including scarjo

Not true post a natural good looking Asian and a natural good looking white women and the white women will be better, no plastic surgery please