'Clerks 3' Dead; 'Jay & Silent Bob' Sequel In Development Instead

collider.com/kevin-smith-jay-and-silent-bob-reboot/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_lGaBPbJLM&ab_channel=KevinSmith
youtube.com/watch?v=b9WA-A9_PzI
youtube.com/watch?v=Nux0R_pUqoU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh no, I actually wanted to see what plot kevin smith would pull out of his fat ass to justify a sequel.

JUST

That's actually fantastic news.

Can someone ask him on twitter just to clarify and get it in stone before the release:

Is this one of those movies that's SUPPOSED to be bad? Will it be immune to all criticism or is he trying his hand at making a GOOD movie again?

Literally the only reason I had left to give a shit about him. This sure is a huge weight off my back.

kevin smith movies suck. mallrats and clerks were merely decent, everything else is garbage. chasing amy is the biggest crock of shit i've ever seen.

I think he should just stick to putzing around with his experimental shit he's been doing lately rather than go the Ridley Scott route and tarnish his legacy as a decent 90's director that got lucky by tapping into a certain foulmouthed zeitgeist.

>Kevin Smith appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday, March 23, 2012 to promote his new book. Leno wasted no time in asking Smith about Bruce Willis, who Smith directed in Cop Out.

>At first, Kevin Smith joked, “It was good. We had a great time. I love him. Moving on.” But Leno wouldn’t settle for that answer and pressed on, asking what happened and if they didn’t hit it off.

>Then, Kevin Smith answered, “We really kind of butted heads. I’ve been thinking about it for two years. This is the way I can finally sum it up. It goes like this. It was my fault. I went in there expecting something. I went in there expecting the guy I’ve seen in the movies and on TV and whatnot. And I had never in all my career, I had never worked with a major movie star before. Please do not tell Ben Affleck that I said that. But he was a movie star, and I wasn’t equipped to kind of deal with that person.”

>Smith then relayed a story about a confrontation with Bruce Willis on the set of Cop Out. After Smith finished a take, Bruce Willis waved Smith over saying they weren’t done yet. Smith joked, “Ok, everybody, hold on one second. I’m going to go talk to the director.” According to Smith, Willis then said, “What did you say?” To which Smith attempted to explain it was a joke.

>Smith said that Willis then asked him to clear the set. After the set was cleared, Willis asked him, “Do you want to take a swing at me?” Smith said he thought he was in a Die Hard movie. Fortunately, Smith said he and Willis were able to settle it with words, so no punches were thrown between the two. However, in frustration, Smith went back to his trailer and punched his fist through the wall three times.

What are your favorite Kevin Smith cringe moments? Mine are that time he posted a picture of himself featuring only tears but also snot all over his face, and his extremely awkward interview of Len Wiseman.

Runner ups are Kevin and "that other guy he does podcasts with" making fun of then underage Justin Bieber and talking about his dick sucking technique, and whenever Kevin reacts too emtionally to literally everything Grant Morrison says (I like Grant though).

Is Comic Book Men still on?

when did you realize Kevin Smith never made anything good in his life?

Dogma will always exist.

It's been long enough that I really don't remember.

That interview is so strange. It starts out perfectly normal (besides Kevin telling Len how good looking he thinks he is multiple times), but then Kevin starts asking questions about Len's wife and sex life and Len just spergs out and answers some of it.

Why is Sargon directing a movie?

Clerks is a masterpiece

Chasing Amy is unironically in my top 3

I'm tired of him and his Jay & Silent Bob shit. In fact, I'm tired of him, and all of his fanboy shit too.

Red States was awesome, and fooled me into thinking he actually wanted to do more than the same old shit again, and again.

Kevin Smith - " I'm you, man, I'm your favorite fanboy hollywood elite, making the movies the way you would if only your sorry ass were here instead...but since I'm so great at what we elites do, here's more of my same old shit with mild humor about how I'm still your favorite fanboy."

favorite cringe moment is this youtube.com/watch?v=t_lGaBPbJLM&ab_channel=KevinSmith

me too senpai, i actually had an experience like that and it hit me super close to home.

how can you be tired of something that hasn't gotten a sequel in a decade?

like, I'm sad there's gonna be no Clerks 3, but on the other hand, Jay & Silent Bob is my favorite movie of all time, so...

i don't understand why Jersey Girl got so much shit. it just seemed like a chick movie. it wasn't particularly great but it didn't seem like the worst thing ever.

same thing with Yoga Hosers, he even said it was for like 12 year old girls which makes sense to me. i watched it, it had a few amusing moments but it wasn't like watching some total garbage like The Devil Inside.

he just seems really mediocre. not completely horrible, not a great filmmaker, just coasting along with his own niche audience and making films for very specific audiences. i don't get why people hate him so much. i don't go into romcoms and then bitch and moan that i didn't like them, i'm not the intended audience.

most of the jersey girl hate came from kevin.

Because literally every fucking movie is a basic repeat of the same story duplicated non-stop.
I just don't like him anymore. Basically every fanboy is a duplicate of him. I'm tired of people doing the same shit over, and over.

there's a hate circlejerk of him here, but outside of this shithole he isn't really hated all that much.

people are just disappointed because the dude had a lot of potential if weed didn't make him such a lazy bum.

Comic Book Men was pathetic, especially the guy with the ponytail who kept talking shit and bullying everyone but ultimately was a pussy. Like it wasn't even banter, it was just annoying.

WUNDERBAR

Only good thing that Kevin Smith was in any way involved in is Tell Em Steve Dave

>Mallrats being in any way shape or form similar to Chasing Amy
>Clerks being similar to Dogma in anyway

Probably the stupidest post i've seen all week. Please stop talking about movies you obviously have never even seen.

>Kevin Smith gave his 17 year old daughter, Harley Quinn Smith, the real screen-used baseball bat from Suicide Squad.

>He included the following note:

>"You know what a totem is? It’s a powerful, mystical object that wards off evil and gives the bearer strength and power. Before you begin your journey where I started my adventure 22 years ago, I wanted to present you with this powerful totem."

It's gonna be a little bit pathetic to see 40 year old Jay and Silent Bob but I feel like that could be part of the joke. Sign me up.

clerks 2 is the worst movie of all time

Tusk is the greatest thing he's ever done.

except that isn't true. It's pretty comfy.

>making fun of reboots
we could get mat and ben re booting Batman and Robin

Top this

He's just never made anything good in your lifetime.

I've seen all of his movies. Its mostly all gimmicky as shit. Although, you're right. I should stop, and allow you the thrill, the joy of kissing his swollen anus.

>"You know what a totem is? It’s a powerful, mystical object that wards off evil and gives the bearer strength and power. Before you begin your journey where I started my adventure 22 years ago, I wanted to present you with this powerful totem."
>Unzips dick

why do women have such small taints?

Gen X is truly a lost and forgotten generation because of shit like this.

liberal cuck detected

Kevin Smith never made anything go...

Kevin Smith laughs then cries watching sad Ben

They haven't spoke in years

youtube.com/watch?v=b9WA-A9_PzI

You haven't seen a single one though.

Source?

damn kevin smiths semen looks like THAT

Link?

that was actually his wife, they were trying to out embarrass each other on the others social media accounts

needless to say, she won

>Naming your daughter after a fucking capeshit character

How much more autistic can you get?

His wife wanted it, he didn't want to.

OMG DADDY!!!

IM GONNA MAKE YOU CUM SOOOO HARD TONIGHT!!!!

i hope this fat fuck dies

hola reddit

You can then make your daughter cosplay as her namesake

That's even worse

I bet he fucks his daughter every night.

Not really.

"We're sorry, Kevin, but your daughter is too ugly to play Harley Quinn.."

No.

I should have closed this so It'd have left. I didn't because I don't care to prove something I already know, that you'll disagree with regardless. Waste of my time. You love his fanboy shit. Enjoy.

she gots a nice body shame about the face and when she hits 25 her dads genes are gonna really kick in and she will be fat like him.

Libertarian cuck in denial detected

She's already got his face with her mother's ears. I don't see how much worse it can get

You talking shit about my ideology boy?

Is kevin smith not a well liked person for some reason?

>A A Dowd

His name sounds pretentious to be honest.

He;s friends with the guy who made her.

Google his name plus Southwest Airlines. Guy is an obnoxious penny pinching self entitled asshole.

How have you seenjay recently looks like a homless anorexic begger

So, any guesses on who opted out of C3? It's not like Dante and Randall have anything going on. Maybe Dawson?

Not like this was unexpected at all

>Yoga Hosers is unwatchable
This is actually true. A legit 0/10 movie

>Southwest Airlines
>self entitled

im also thinking its dawson

Test

He said it was one of the lead 4, probably Anderson. He's bitched about Miramax in the past

HE'S STILL MAKING THAT FUCKING FACE GODDAMN

It's not that bad, it's not even his worst. Go try to finish Jersey Girl.

it could be the one that is supposed to pay randalls wife or rosario dawson
but they could be recast

dante or randall opting out is a definite no go
but why would they?

Chasing Amy is a good movie. Clerks is a classic, and Clerks 2 has some ok funny parts. Everything else is either bad, or just misguided (red state had so much potential, but no real direction)

Brian O'Halloran wouldn't, but Jeff Anderson sued, or tried to sue, the Weinsteins over lack of payments on Clerks 2. They were offered points on gross, but Jewish accounting resulted in them not getting paid.

I take everything back, he is a bad@ss

the time he was booted off an airliner because he was TOO FAT TO FLY

this guy fucks

wasn't kevin smith also planning two make two more movies that he also cancelled? There was one about a certain movie star and another one about a killer moose?

>bad@ss
This isn't Reddit, you know

>Naming your daughter after a fucking capeshit character
>Unironically thinking the comics don't exist and the movies just make it all up

So let me get this straight: the black guy is dating the Asian and the blonde is with the white guy. The black dude and the blonde chick fuck around and cheat on their significant other so in retaliation, the Asian girl and white guy fuck right in front of them and force them to watch, immediately following the discovery of the others cheating?

It isn't? I could have sworn it was with all these faggots posting.

Jersey Girl is a masterpiece compared to Yoga Hosers

literally brought to tears by gotta go fast man
>REEEEEEE WHY AREN'T COMICS TREATED THE SAME AS ACTUAL LITERATURE

Too bad she was invented in the cartoon and not the comics

I'd say naming your kid after any weebshit video game characters
>that poor kid named Sephiroth

It was Randall.

I legitimately can't believe I liked Kevin Smith at one point.

That's a real shame. Both Clerks and Clerks 2 were quite poignant.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nux0R_pUqoU

pic?