So did we like it?

So did we like it?
I thought it was okay for an unnecessary sequel

I loved it. Action was a bit repetitive though desu. Also seemed like it was trying too hard to be deep if you know what I'm trying to say.

I think I speak for everyone with taste on this board when I give a resounding NO. John Wick was a 'movie' genetically engineered to appeal to imdbspawn Sup Forumsedditors with no sense of sophistication who laud stale meme dialogue, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier proto capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie videogame aesthetic. This is a flick at best and people who praise it are likely no older then 18

>not even classified for release in Australia
>mean Love Live Sunshine is going to be released

What the actual fuck

Fuck you and your shitposting.

I never felt that it tried to be deep but the text that kept popping up was distracting
Korinefag, stop, you're a Quentin wannabe and he was a CLT wannabe.

The irony here is that your post decries the film for memes while using nothing but memes as arguments.

you don't even know what memes are, you retard.

>Lol luk at me immm soooo mutch more smurter n matur thn othur peple bcuz thay haev uh difrnt tast in moovys

>t. Video game enthusiast

So he's dead right? No way he is making it out of the city

Sequel cliffhanger.

Trying too hard there

>taste
>invincible video game character in a literal shoot em up mindless piece of 'entertainment'

It's dishonest and it's stupid and before you say "it's fun" there are FAR better action films which are FAR more entertaining which don't rely on genre conventions and have original things to say. Fuck off with this Flavor of the Month PlayStation junk.

Third will be the last for sure.

>tfw his dog is the one that kills him

>gosh I wish I was quentin soooo badly

>james bond can shoot everybody and it's okay
>highly trained super mega assassin can't because I said so

Going to be really short sequel without a complete asspull

>d-dude just TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO IT'S FUN!

I'd rather be an elitist than submit to the standards of intellectually insecure troglodytes.

>'movie'
>Sup Forumsedditors
>meme dialogue
>meme acting
>reddit tier proto capeshit
>meme tv movie
i think you're posting too much on this site. take a break, dude.

It was ok. The metro scene was complete kino.

>quentin pls notice me I am your biggest fan

spoke like a true redditor there

>THIS is Nu-Sup Forums

Reddit needs to leave and take your IMDB newborns with you. This board needs its prestige back.

That scene was sex for the eyes.

>prestige

What, go back to the salad days of underage girls and feet?

The part where they try to secretly shoot eachother was hilarious.

Have you considered speaking in something other than pure rhetoric if you want to have an honest discussion?

It's gun-fu. It's for action movie fans and guys who run IDPA.

Not seen it yet but I'm sure it's fine. It will have a paper thin plot with some well executed action and thats all I expect from it really.

It's genre standard it's schlocky it's conventional there's no message or insight and for people that go to cinema for quality it's a waste of time and part of the reason for the decline of cinema. 60 years ago films like Taxi Driver and Rocky were mainstream and made a lot of money, those are quality films. These days John Wick is being lauded as great when it's no better than say A Good Day to Die Hard. It's poor uneducated uninspired dreck. I don't CARE how elitist I sound: GET SOME FUCKING TASTE.

None of the action sequences are as good as the bar shootout or the final car chase in the first one.
Curb your expectations but it IS good, exactly as you said.

Gotta admit I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. The guy next to me was standing up and had his arms out like pic related the whole scene.

have a (You), you fucking spastic retard

your lineage is part of the reason for the decline of this species

7.5/10 For me. Fucking love Keanu and the movie was more of the same(which I wanted)

I was fucking mesmerized.

Two hours of literally everything in the movie topping that club scene in the first. Better worldbuilding, more creative kills (P E N C I L), more style, better cinematography, fuckin' EVERYTHING.

The subway shootout where Common and Wick are stealth shooting at each other in the middle of a crowd was honestly kinda hilarious.

> It's genre standard it's schlocky it's conventional there's no message or insight

All true. It's an action flick. Plot serves up the excuse to get to the action.

> when it's no better than say A Good Day to Die Hard

You want to know it's closest cousin? Collateral. Consider the number of cuts used per action scene, or god forbid slow motion, in either Collateral or Wick 1/2, and compare that to Borne, Equilibrium, or even the original Die Hard.

The show isn't even trying to be kino. It wasn't the movie. It was you.

>fishing this hard for (You)'s
hold the fuck on on you fucking ape nigger. ignore the fucking movie. there's a lot of kinos out there. why would you focus all your energy on hating this instead of looking for something you enjoy? You think you're so smart but you act like a fucking 12 year old kid with autism. kill yourself you fucking retard.
also, i fucked you're mum haha

>"Consider this a professional courtesy".

I was fucking blown away. That's one of the most well-set-up one-liners I've ever seen.

>implying he even watched it
He's being a pretentious dick for (you)s

Anybody else getting Hitman(TM) vibes from the Rome scene? Especially when he straight up kills a guy on stage

So is everybody in New York a hitman?

I am and my neighbor is, you gotta interview the rest of NYC for the answer

Are you here for The Pope?

That had me laughing pretty hard.

>Hitman vibes
Fuck yes. Chad Stahelski/David Leitch need to make an Agent 47 movie.

But, y'know, a good one.

>kino
Nu-Sup Forums EVERYONE

Or should I say the latest IMDb immigrants faxed in from reddit????

kino has been a meme for 6 months bro, where have you been?
it's a shit meme i agree with you, but these idiots rule this place now

Can we just discuss the movie

That shot where the bodyguard chick pulls out her knife was just kinda blatantly showing off her ass.

Not that I mind, but it felt kinda out of place for this movie

this guy speaks the truth

that being said, it's a fun "dude just turn your brain off lmao" flick

Maybe when you actually admit it's a flick and not a movie, a movie is rocky balboa, die hard, alien, ghostbusters. John Wick is a FLICK.

>dishonest

Saw a mexican guy drive up to a gun range in Dallas in a positively ancient Chevy beater. Got out in a polo shirt, shades, khaki slacks, and a duffel bag. Paid his fee, went to the pistol range, and fired 5 round group of his suppressed HK51 with a red dot at a silhouette target, and then packed up and drove away.

Whatever that guy was doing, none of us wanted anything of it.

>it's a Sup Forumseditor's first week on Sup Forums episode

Ok let me make this easy for you kid:
All art has value because it exists, it can show us something, even something the artist did not intend. But not all art is honest.

John Wick 2 was dishonest , yeah and before you ask
>hurrr durrr what does dishonest mean?

It MEANS the creator did something with disingenuous intentions. they were pretentious. they did a big landscape shot, but they had no respect for the land they were shooting, it was just to look impressive. basically, using the subject rather than respecting it

In summary 'Dishonest Filmmaking' (a term Sup Forums was very smart and right to use) is basically
when a director twists and contrives a narrative and its characters in order to confirm their preconceived world view or opinions.

Under these conditions and through logical inference John Wick is the epitome of DISHONESTY.

all of those are also flicks bro. You tried to sound patrician and you just showed your age "hurr the 80s, i love classical music"

Okay fine can we discuss the """""flick"""""

>DUDE DID YOU JSUT SAID LE KINO WORD????
>NU/tv/ EVERYONE
>'meme movie, meme acting, meme scenes XDDD'
(You)re part of the problem

PROTIP: Try responding to questions/comments about the movie and stop giving out (You)'s

What, in your opinion, was the most brutal kill in the movie?

Tell me something, OP. How does one 'respect the subject of a landscape'?

>they did a big landscape shot, but they had no respect for the land they were shooting, it was just to look impressive. basically, using the subject rather than respecting it

It's now an insult to do something because it looks cool?

>This is what happens when you reveal the insecurities of Reddit
>They literally sperge out into nonsensical memespeak

Nu Sup Forums everyone. Go watch some Bergman and Polanski before you come back here.

I liked it.

well it's obvious, you pleb. every director does a tribal dance for 10 hours and then sacrifices 10 virgins before shooting a scene on a foreign land. that's how you honor a landscape, pleb.

Subway ball slice and Pencil Slaughter were definitely up there.

What was that delicious looking thing the bad guy was eating with his steak at the end? He said what it was but I couldn't make it out.

Yes because 'cool' does not corralete with it being relevant or useful for the plot. John Wick indulged in sexy pans and cool establishing shots but they were unnecessary, a burden rather than a blessing but easily impressive to dumb pseudocinema afficianados.

The pencil through the ear.

My whole theater groaned at that.

>>This is what happens when you reveal the insecurities of Reddit
>>They literally sperge out into nonsensical memespeak
>
literally all your posts are nonsenical memespeak, you fucking nigger. you're trying to hard to fit in and get (You)s

>bergman
>polanski
Entry level imdbcore?

It was fucking amazing but stop asking if 'we' like it you pleb

It's Keanukino, how can you hate it

I don't know if this counts but the sister slicing her wrists was pretty graphic

>muh plot
And you call others pleb?

Oh okay

So what you're saying is John Wick should have been more honestly directed

It should have more meaning

A film about an assassin killing his way through millions of trained assassins to get revenge for a puppy

Should be introspective

Cool gotcha

> Wide angle establishing shot
> Used in movies, animation, and comics to quickly establish the setting before tightening in on the subject
> Unnecessary

Your film school isn't worth shit, man.

That's not what I'm saying what I'm saying is:
There was no MESSAGE.
There were no MORALS.
It was NIHILISTIC.

It was very awesome, sad about how it ended though cause I loved The Continental. This is also, a real Assassin's Creed. Codes, rules, lands. Break them, get kicked out and have the whole world out for your head. Curious to see who he'll cast to be on his side in part 3. Common for sure (foreshadowed with Fishburn's story of making a choice), but maybe people from past movies he was with. Al Pacino could play Devils A-

>Short hair grill wearing a suit

My fucking heart

THIS. Hipster Nihilism is killing Cinema.

No, no, I completely got what you were getting at

It's just that you're missing the intention of the film entirely.

It appeals to a raw desire for violence. Morals and message were never the end goal.

I'm perfectly fine with a film being nihilistic.

It starts when you begin to overlook bad manners.

True, we need more PG13 violence with no wounds, no blood, no physical contact, quick edits, disappearing bodies exiting stage right. Also the dude's cellphone broke during the fight. I just have to give them props to that. That shit hardly ever happens in movies like this.

Jesus christ,
you unironically wear a fedora, don't you?

>it appeals to a raw desire to violence

That's not really a good sign of humanity is it? Film or not that's pretty depressing don't you think?

Probably. Perhaps it's just my being an American in 2017, but I've grown rather numb to everything and just want to watch things die.

I think the movie was great, glad to see Keanu in movies again

Why is there so much autism in this thread? People spend this much energy and hatred discussing john wick but can't hold a conversation for the life of them irl?

It's more depressing that cinema is too afraid of raw violence and would rather have Hero Guy hit Villain Guy #227 and just have him flop over. The dude's are coming to kill you, and you don't finish them off, solving nothing. They get better, they'll come after you again. It's their job. Then again, it's a business, and PG-13 makes more than R no doubt about it.

>Anime reaction pic
>Being a literal manchild

Nu-Sup Forums everyone

Blessed be thy digits.

Are you still here Korinefag? I thought you'd leave after being exposed as too dumb for an action flick

I should have known better than to come to Sup Forums to discuss a movie. Most of Sup Forums is too autistic to leave the house and have to watch cam rips at home

People hate fun movies here.

Though to be fair people hate all movies here. They express it through memes because they're too jaded and disillusioned to actually discuss fun films anymore.

I'm up front about my nihilism.

And so unto you.

>People hate fun movies here.

he's not wrong though, and the plentiful use of kino

Sup Forums hasn't been alive for sometime and I think the upcoming oscars will cement that theory