Do American schools still do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but with mandatory penis inspections.

Oh yes. Apparently is was originally begun as a way to indoctrinate the immigrant masses of the early 20th C.

segregated schools?

not anymore

maybe some places, but they all should. I was one of those fags who was a senior in 2004 and never stood for it because i hated bush and shit. we all grow out of that rebellious down with the system phase. If not you should be shot.

>reinforcing loyalty to the state and its people is indoctrination

if there's one thing I hate about the pax americana it's that people think any form of civic pride is tacky

yeah, nah
I'm not pledging allegiance to this place
look at who the people elected

>tfw my school couldn't even hire a proper penis inspector and the janitor just did them every friday afternoon
It was a bit weird considering he only inspected the penises of a few kids. They also told me he took pictures of them for janitor school.

Nothing wrong with civic pride at all. But brainwashing kids into "my country right or wrong" is not good, and goes a long way to explaining why America fucked up over the past few decades. Not like that makes any sense to explain to them anyway, because you can't reason someone out of an opinion they didn't reason themselves into the first place.

>be american
>get shot

>hurrr I don't like my fairly elected leader
>america sucks so bad, why can't the world conform perfectly to my subjective ideals

do you have any idea how lucky you are to live in a time and place where you and everybody associated with you isn't tortured and killed for backing the wrong guy?

>under god inserted thanks to Christian (((capitalists))) to cement that capitalism is the only god-blessed form of commerce
>if you don't like it, that means you're a commie
Look in your heart. You know it to be true.

>it could be worse, so be satisfied
no, fuck that shitty retarded reasoning

Three of his administration have already likely committed crimes, in public.

>be glad you aren't starving to death
>eat this moldy bread

nobody's telling you to stick your pacifier in and keep quiet, the point is that you should have pride in and work towards the betterment of your nation/community regardless of whether or not you're thrilled with who was most recently elected

...I'm not speaking euphemistically, do you think literally starving is better than eating shitty food?

From an American perspective, it's odd that you don't make a pledge of allegiance every day at a school institution. It's our version of a prayer - it reinforces bonds. It's also meant to reinforce the idea that you're a part of something greater yourself and to take pride in your national identity.

>worshipping an ugly rag
lmao

>have pride
in what, exactly?
the people have spoken, and I don't like what they've said
I don't share any of their views.
I wont die for them and I wont pledge any allegiance to this place

and no matter which side won, we'd still be bombing brown people and recording all the internet history and every phone call made by every citizen

then fuck off out of my country, faggot

Did it every day in elementary school along with the school pledge

I dont see a problem with it

Yeah.
Black kids were allowed to not say it if they didn't want to, all the teachers were easy on them. Once I tried not say the pledge and the teacher wouldn't let me, she was a black ass hypocrite

Then try to find somewhere to live where everything is to your liking

And then when you realize that no place like that exists or ever will exist, kill yourself

I'm being sincere, it seems like you might prefer non-existence to the alternative

Now that I think about it, no
they'd be branded "terrorists" now, and that isn't cool
so they don't do that anymore

Filthy dumb nationalist scum!

Yes and no. It depends on the school.

I work as a substitute teacher, so I visit a bunch of different schools. Although all schools do the pledge, very few actually take the time to have all the kids stand up, face the flag, put their hands on their heart, and recite the pledge with the rest of the class.

What usually happens is the pledge is read aloud the intercom to the whole school, either by the principal, school counselor, or students (particularly if they do a news broadcast style of morning announcements).

Although the classes are expected to recite the pledge, and encouraged to stand, almost none of them do. They'd rather sit, half listen, and talk to their friends.

So overall, the practice is still in effect, but it's on the way out.

Ughhh this is why people hate us dude. Nationalism is so 20th century and disgusting. We're part of a global community now, borders and nations are defunct...

>where everything is to your liking
oh look, it's this post again but reworded
>it could be worse, so be satisfied

>White people
>Branded terrorists

They'd be called mentally ill and right wingers would try to pretend they were Muslims, until that didn't work and they started calling it a false flag.

This, but unironically.

>and encouraged to stand, almost none of them do. They'd rather sit, half listen, and talk to their friends.

What? Where did this happen, like what state?

>reinforcing loyalty to the state

Well done, comrade. Tell those guys the beauty of worshipping the state.

I hope so, it was a good thing.

>>hurrr I don't like my fairly elected leader
>>america sucks so bad, why can't the world conform perfectly to my subjective ideals

that's what you people said for 8 years of Obama
Trump literally won by going around saying that America sucks and gets fucked by everyone

Maryland. Near DC, if you can believe it.

Nobody's saying you have to be satisfied (in fact the more productive person is generally less complacent), but refusing to contribute or help or take pride in your community just because you don't like the way things are going for the past couple months is childish
Honestly why don't you go somewhere else if the US is so unbearable

That's a cuck capital, doesn't surprise me

Full of trash

Thanks for illustrating my point

Wow, that's one of the original union states.
I still now it by heart and I went to school in california

>couple months
did you read my posts?
the citizenry hasn't changed in just a couple of months, they've always been this obnoxious
bombing brown people and nationwide wiretapping didn't start within the last couple of months either
the identity politics is worse now than it ever has been and I don't see a way for this situation to ever improve

>Honestly why don't you go somewhere else if the US is so unbearable
when my parents die I probably will

Man I'm not even American
Yes politicians garner voter support by talking about the shit that's fucked and how they and only they can fix it
I don't think being a crybaby is limited to one side of the political spectrum, but being liberal is fashionable at the moment so their concerns, valid or not, are taken much more seriously

it's the right thing to do. any kid that can't say the pledge should be deported to mexico.

liberal concerns are taken more seriously because they use facts to support their claims

That's fair but I don't agree with your conclusion; I think you're being nihilistic

The world will never be perfect and humanity always has and will always be full of shitty people in positions they don't deserve making stupid decisions

You can only control what you personally put into the world, so why let all the other shit get to you

I remember in school, one random day they made a big overhead announcement that the students did in fact have the right to sit down and not recite the pledge.

I dont remember ever hearing about a controversy of a parent or kid fighting the school board or anything, but I assume it must have happened.

Regardless, I and my other clown friend decided not to stand for the pledge and the fucking teacher scolded us for 5 minutes until we gave in and stood up. We then recited the pledge, I dont ever recall anyone not standing for it.

ITT

He said, with no facts to support his claim

>Do American schools still do this?

Yes
And they even use the bastardized version of the pledge that shoehorns religion into it.

>watch fear the walking dead
>schools have metal detectors
>look it up
>its real

>this used to be outrageous satire
>closer to reality than fantasy nowadays

Sorry, didn't mean to belittle your Alternative Facts™

I think any facts at all would be a breath of fresh air, so lay 'em on me

how about the measured truthiness of the last two nominees from each party?

I think the last time we did it that I remember was like in 2nd grade (late 80s)

I was forced to do it through high school, and im 25 years old

The very concept of conservatism is to resist change and to hold on to the current system (or go backwards).
It doesn't have anything to do with facts, so it makes sense that the liberals would be more inclined to base their decisions on facts and data.

it is by definition
you're free too argue it's good indoctrination if you want but it would still be indoctrination

I expect so. They did when I was in middle school. But that was like 14 years ago and I don't have kids so I'm not sure.

But I expect if they had removed the pledge of allegiance from schools the republicans would have thrown a tantrum over it and I haven't seen anything like that in the news.

I thought it began as a way to sell flags to schools.

I was interning as a teaching observer before I realized I hate kids.

Yes, up until high school some schools still do a pledge that they follow from an intercom.

okay, that's pretty bad, but have you considered alternative facts?

Wow, looking at this chart it makes me think Hillary really won in the end after all

Man, we know that Trump is full of shit, and the only thing Donald did well during the debates was a few one-liners
That doesn't mean that generally, liberal viewpoints or concerns are more fact-based than others
As much as I wish it were so easy, whether or not the republican nominee is more or less of a lying PoS is not an indicator of the validity of the concerns of roughly half the population of your country

optional for the he-niggers and the sheboons who have no sense of decency

unironically, she did win
by around 3 million votes

Do american workers still do this?
youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4

Conservative/liberal is a label and neither carries a good or bad denotation
Being "liberal" or progressive in every single regard and committing yourself to reforming and reshaping everything is not always beneficial
Being reserved and slow to change/adapt is not always beneficial

Holy shit, so what is with the lefty tantrums?

she won but doesn't get to be president
that makes the tantrums bigger, not smaller

Wow, was it public school?

Surely it must have more to do? Such high stakes. There has to be other circumstances

She got more votes. She did not win.

It's also a false political dichotomy that's only really present in America but has started spreading to Europe. You can't represent politics with any accuracy at all by relying on a liberal - conservative X-axis. It might work half-decently for some social issues, but like the left - right scale it's too simplistic. Not to mention the fact that american media has corrupted the term liberal into being synonymous with whoever's left of american conservatism, which is amazingly right wing on its own. I could call myself liberal in the nordic countries and it would mean something very, very diffrent than if I did the same in the US and not because their political system is way more shifted towards the left.

>i don't like this leader
>lets just bend over and let him fuck me anyway

Nothing wrong with dislikeing it. I'm not even from burgerland and don't really have a side in it so it should work both ways. Fight for what you believe in.

It is a bit weird how so many things that get lumped into liberalism like gender quotas and shit like that are actually the opposite of liberalism.

Democrat beliefs change as much as their 19 year old dyke hair colors

>shill for Bernie
>shill for Hillary months later
>even Bernie himself started shilling for Hillary

Such hollow fuckers. Absolutely honorless

This nigger gets it

>Democrat beliefs change as much as their 19 year old dyke hair colors
yeah, changing ones mind is how smart people get to the right answers

otherwise you cling to the same inaccuracies for 2000 years like you people do with your bible

It was either start shilling for Hillary or get president Trump. And their fears were obviously not unjustified.

I still don't understand this point of view, and I've seen it constantly since Bernie dropped out of the race.
Can you explain your thought process to me?

Don't be silly. It's basic logic that presenting a unified front against a perceived threat is better than getting fucked while you're too busy with infighting and civil war
Hillary and the DNC are shit for throwing Bernie under the bus but if you thought he'd just publicly abandon his party so that trump could win instead of the person who beat him then you're just being silly, silly

I'm agnostic but whatever. Probably get some upbernies on reddit with that line though

Which parts are you stuck on?
Help save some time for us all

I think it's important to stick to your views, but you're right about that. This is tearing Labour apart in the UK. Corbyn's percieved as an evil trotskyite entryist by the bitter Blairites who'd rather make labour utterly unelectable for a decade than support him.

you're an agnostic conservative?
I've never met one before
I honestly didn't even know such a thing existed

This happened in Canada recently.

Ted Cruz didn't bend the knee. He was the second place in Republican polls. Didn't even say his fucking name at the National Convention.

Seems Dems just don't have any sort of honor.

One thing that has always struck me as strange is the kind of double think where people who are typically vehemently for reciting the pledge and sneers at people who want to sit or w/e are also usually the people who are fervent supports of the 2nd amendment which in spirit is basically to be wary and suspicious of states and nations.

I'm going to be a top memer and point out that he could still be a theist. (A)gnosticism and (a)theism are the answers to two diffrent questions.

I've never met a masculine white male Democrat voter before either

>My ultra progressive first choice can't win
>Now my choices are between center-right and ultra-right
>I'll pick the rightmost option!
I'm stuck on how you got from part 2 to part 3

It's called being patriotic.
Love your country, love the constitution.

You sound like a max assburger though and I'm guessing you've never used a firearm before

Because nobody gives a fuck what ted Cruz thinks, and if anybody did they probably lost respect for him when he acted like a baby. Do you actually think he refused to bend the knee to Donald because of any sort of patriotism or principle?
Honor can come from both stubbornness and acquiescence.

grow up

You'd have to have no self respect at all to bend the knee to Trump. Hillary on the other hand was an established politician. I hate her, but she was highly qualified.

It's not the same at all.

>Ted Cruz didn't bend
except yes he did, fag
every single notable republican came out in support for trump eventually
>After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump