A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don't you think?

A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don't you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsC2ETsZL0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ONE PING ONLY

> Armageddon

best language transition ever

one ping

>Vasily never got to see Montana
>tfw

A true thinking man's action movie

It's like...yeah...read the gulag archipelago...revolutions are no joke...6 million Ukrainians starved to death but you never hear about that...why not? It's a good question...

>ENGAGE THE SHILENT DRIVE

What did he mean by this?

And 100 million native americans have been exterminated but you never hear about that...why not? It's a good question...

And the sea will grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home. Christopher Columbus.

Welcome to the New World, Sir.

God I love that movie.

too bad the new world is shit now

>dead slavs
>bad

That was war

>Ukranians
>people

kek good one

|33t

>best language transition ever
McTiernan did this quite cleverly in 13th Warrior as well. Did he do it in another film? I thought he was the first to come up with the idea.

I was shocked when I watched Judgment at Nuremberg. It's brilliantly done in it as well.

This was clever and so subtly done that you never lose immersion. Comfy kino for sure.

why did hollywood turn on him?

he was one of the best

He couldn't adapt to post-2000 action movie filmmaking like Tony Scott and Michael Bay

you better be joking.

Favorite scene
youtube.com/watch?v=zsC2ETsZL0g

notice how they sing crappy at the start like amateurs, but later when they realise the power of the technology they wield their singing becomes more professional and in the end they sing almost perfectly

>remember the 100 gorillion septillion

that just reinforces that Lenin > Stalin

>you never lose immersion.
Only if you don't know how Russian actually sounds like. The idea is clever but their accents are way too heavy.

The movie wasn't made for russkies, though. So fuck 'em.

Got caught wiretapping a producer. It was a big scandal that involved a Hollywood PI, that had a lot of celebrities as clients. IIRC he's the only one that did time because he lied to feds on the phone. It was really bullshit. The worst thing is, the reason he wiretapped his producer in the first place, is because his movie was getting butchered all over the place (Rollerball), so he did it out of artistic concerns and integrity; but not a single person in Hollywood or the film community, media, etc. supported him (he's a goy), whereas they'll openly support a pedorapist like Polanski. Even internet fanboys didn't give a shit. I think the only person I saw posting one tweet about the whole was Edgar Wright showing some support.

>He couldn't adapt to post-2000 action movie filmmaking like Tony Scott and Michael Bay
That's complete bullshit by the way, considering he was literally the first that defined 2000's action back in the 90's with Die Hard 3! Rewatch it and pay attention to how it's shot, the use of handeld camera to give it a documentary-like feeling, the massive chaos in NYC, etc. that was completely unique in action and pre-dated Bourne and post-9-11 cinema. He was a legit visionary, and very knowledgeable and passionate about film history.

Rollerball was pretty bad (bad material), but it's shot with a lot of interesting ideas as well, not unlike something Verhoeven could have done. Another one that Hollywood has turned on as well. They both single-handedly (with Cameron) defined 80-90's action filmmaking and influenced everybody, then been put to the trash, while their iconic movies gets endless shit reboots, remakes and sequels made by hacks who don't understand basic cinematic language. It's saddening.