How can GoT even compete?

How can GoT even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXAvF9p8nmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tax policy though. WHAT WAS HIS TAX POLICY??

by being new and being considered more cultural middleclass worthy

they can't.

on a more serious note, got is fun and i'd watch the entire 7th season if it came out today, but it can never beat the majesty of lotr

it is a hugely succesful prime time tv show that is churning out content

It can't. LotR is an epic fantasy saga. GoT is a soap opera set in medieval times.

>That one episode where they have electric lines hanging beyond the Wall
Lmao. I'm afraid it cannot. The books are much better though.

wait what

LotR didn't have the best actress

The episode where Vargo Hout dies, I don't wanna look for it. They're lazy enough that there were actual wires hanging in shot for like 3 seconds.

What a fucking joke

>emmys
>acting
>current year
awards mean nothing now

where? i can't see shit.

ahah what, surely that's like a couple of hours of editing to get rid of those wires

Did she have anything going for her other than being hot?

My SJW sister hates the LOTR trilogy because:
>not a single POC
>about restoring tradition
>about conservative values (purity, patriotism, fidelity, freedom)
>only male leads
>about fighting foreigners

She is right. I love those movies, but politically the trilogy is a Christian right fantasy.

and it's great for that

nobody gives a shit about your 'sjw' cunt sister

Nobody gives a shit about if you think that nobody gives a shit about my sister.

And what did she think 10 years ago?

these are why the films are good/great
no shoehorned in poc characters for muh diversity
plot is actually based on the original authors intent, orc was another name for foreigner
ur sis is a cunt who wants to get blacked

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

>real history
>history

fuck off. if I need my goddamn history fix, I'll watch a natgeo documentary of the crusades or some shit. jesus christ, that's part of the appeal of LoTR, being immersed in the FANTASY of it

>looks like meatballs are back on the menu boys

What did gurm mean by this?

Well she's not wrong. I think it only makes the films better.

what a hack

Good God what a fucking retard. At least he could have had his own worlf make sense, but the fact that he tries to go for the realism meme only focuses on the fact that he's an incoherent fag.

The fat fuck dares to imply that his setting makes sense.

Maybe for his next great insight he can tell us his views on Superman's disguise.

"If you've ever read fantasy, or tried to write fantasy, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Chapter 1 has an exciting battle and a black cloaked demon shows up and so forth. And in chapter two you get 'Now I will give you a summary of physics, geology, geography, mythology, religion, history, social structures, technology and customs of my imagined world.' George R.R. Martin I am looking at you."

youtube.com/watch?v=lXAvF9p8nmM