What is going to happen with the US Student Loan Debt Bubble?

What is going to happen with the US Student Loan Debt Bubble?

Will it burst like the Housing Bubble did?
Is this anything to worry about?

maybe liberal schools should stop charging so much

and can we laugh when the bubble pops and tons of liberal professors are fired after selling 200k history degrees?

How are they supposed to lower the costs when every retard can attend a University after leaving high school?

If only I could invest in student loan debt.

Is the number of students rising in kind?
Otherwise students are fucked.

it's possible to keep your loans in some form of payment deferment almost indefinitely, so I don't think there's going to be an outright mass default.

the money has largely flowed into college towns, driving up living expenses there, and fueling the construction of new apartment buildings. if the college meme dies off, it could cause a drop in enrollment, leading to this new construction defaulting and a massive budget crunch for universities. that could get interesting.

End subsidies. The only reason tuition has gone up as much as it has (even in past few years) is because the federal government subsidizes it, essentially handing colleges/universities blank checks.

by doing it

libs cry about the cost of school... and run all the schools

my school went up 6% a year... while inflation was 2% a year

It can't burst like the housing bubble burst, because student loans can't be discharged in bankruptcy, and because they have no tangible assets as collateral.

What we're seeing instead is young people not to buy houses and cars, and choosing not to get married and start families.

any good info graphics on how bad the US student debt is i want to convince a dumb american girl to study in the uk so i can bang

maybe they should go back to college

joking

Student loan delinquency is twice as common as mortgage delinquency at its peak.

shes a nigger i need an infographic with less words and things in bold text so she knows where to look

Bernie sanders will win the election
and make collages free

I wonder if you can. Like in the big short

>student loan bubble
Student loans aren't overvalued you nit. They aren't capital.

It's not a bubble. It's future poverty for those stupid enough to think that $100k piece of paper for a non STEM degree means shit in our future socioeconomic structure. It's particularly bad in the US.

Future generations won't be able to afford it like the millennials that can't afford housing now. It's going to take a long time to go into affect though, but even now as speak smaller local colleges are making trips to China and other countries to fill enrollment gaps. So basically it has already popped but the is problem nothing will come of this until the fed runs out of money and even with deposits for all Americans sitting around the tune of 11 trillion the FED only has 1 or 2 trillion in currency for circulation. Just this week we have watched the Dow Jones drop and then gain 1000 points. What I would like to know is where the money came from, Chinese investors in the form of capital flight? Maybe the FED just printed it who knows but there is major trouble ahead if this continues.

>Free tuition fees.
Even if I had tuition fees, it would be like 400 euros/year (student social security included)

I could basically pay for my studies with a summer job.

US Student Loans lol, that shit is hilarious.

Most of those student apartments are crap constructions anyway and are going to be ghettos in a few years.

>ex girlfriend decides to major in graphic design
>changes it to fine arts
>all excited for her degree, jokes about how she will be in poverty

Went from a semi-useless degree to a completely useless degree. And totally ignorant of the ramifications. Modern day students are complete retards.

> collage
What is he giving us magazines to cut out?

Of course it's gonna pop. There is a very large housing bubble in China, loan debt bubble in the USA and an enormous national debt, financial crisis in EU, NASDAQ bubble, Japanesse treasury bonds crisis and a few others I can't recall right now.

What happens if these things "pop" though?

Will is just be 2008 all over again?

Yes thats called a US dollar when he goes into office

Omg that picture is so funny, I hope it drops to zero so badly!

The joke you

I was poking fun at you saying collage instead of college.

Plus Bernie has no fucking chance to the point where he's already endorsing Clinton.

We don't know because some of this stuff has never happened before

>The joke you

Well student loans can essentially be deferred for a long time. And the payments close to 50 dollars a month making it hard to default but you pay for life essentially.

What we're going to see instead of a burst is the current millenials not marry or own any assets or equity like homes. They won't take out loans on vehicles or houses because they already owe so much to sallie mae.

Basically you're going to see a generation that will not own anything of consequence or future benefit.

It's gonna be worse than 1907, beacuse there were no safeguards installed after the 2008 financial crisis and the goverments pumped trillions worthless dollars into the banks, plus we had large scale quantitative easing (money printing) but the money never reached the market, they are still circulating only on the stock exhanges.

Fucking dumb ass pollack

It would be kind of cool if somebody could figure out a system to profit off of other people's student loan debt that doesn't involve erecting a university or owning a bank. Like a debt stock market.

Because every single parent told their kid that he has to go to college or he's a failure. Most people can't handle the rigor so it's been made easier and BAs have increased. Since a degree in basket weaving isn't a failure but a trade is.

Not everyone is muslim, achmed the frog

>ex-girlfriend
>girlfriend

you can go ahead and kys now

>an entire generation of Art Degree carrying, childless, apartment-renting degenerates who take public transit everywhere.

How horrifying

...so I could assume it's gonna start a war. The Panic of 1907 started WW1 and then WW2. Europe was always a hotbed for the biggest world conflicts and the continent is divided more than ever, I have a feeling that the Brexit started the domino.

I have one, agree to pay a student's debt in exchange for their inheritance. It's as simple as that and if you calculate the interest from now until their parents die that will have most likely saved money over the long run.

You are the dumb ass
I misspelled it on purpose to set up that joke

she got attached to some other guy and hasnt talked to me in like 4 months so i dont really think about her anymore. But when I read about problems in modern universities such as rising debt, jobless millennials and student inflation in the schools I am always reminded of her because she's part of the problem.

Lies. Jokes haven't been discovered in your country yet.

back to eating and feeling superior in your

meanwhile people with real degrees, jobs and families will be labeled as the oppressing class for not being dumb asses and working hard in life.

I believe once you turn 50 if you still have a balance on your loans it is forgiven, but that balance is counted as an income tax liability

Its going to,burst when automation kills millions of white collar jobs, and minimium wage jobs. Right now, graduates are given extra time to pay back their loans since the government assumes that a bulk of students in debt will eventually become productive members of the labour force once they enter the corporate ladder, and even if they dont, they can always go through the minimum wage route and surivive on less than 5 dollars a day whilst they work themselves to an early grave at some min wage job for decades. Once automation starts killing these minimum wage and white collar jobs, and the banks/gov realise its impossible for a majority of graduates repay those loans, then youll have your crash.

>Friends complaining about their loans
>Don't have the heart to tell them that my parents paid for everything.

I've complained along with them, the past few years now.

Shh, don't tell em. I'm getting rich off welding these aparments

As long as you are working hard to ensure you will get a good job then there's no shame in that. Just dont be the faggot who goes to college and accomplishes nothing while your parents pay for everything.

Nice post, I cant see the future changing any other way. Best to get a good degree and job before the automation boom begins.

Polish humour clearly emigrated in search of greater employment prospects.

My fucking wife has a degree in art history from UCLA you need to fucking know its the parents who are supposed to guide there kids hers are upper middle class liberal gen xers who are basically boomers in every aspect but age.

>they arent capital
Future capital? Capital isnt just physical monetary assets, education is also capital.
Students trade future earning power in order to get an education, this isnt a mystery. If they cant get a good enough job to pay the loans back then their education is most certainly overvalued

speculation

Oh im absolutely aware, her parents are totally at fault for not disciplining her enough for her to make her own intelligent decisions in life. This is what happens when you baby your kids until they become adults, and they waltz into colleges without a clue on how the world works.

The university bubble wont burst for the unis though. They will just go search out chinese students who dont even take loans.
For locals though they go back and do trade school, which is actually not bad. You can make a decent living in the trades in a 1st world country

I think maybe to do this you would look at what will the effects of the bubble bursting be and look into how to make money off of that.

there's two ways to that, you can bet both long and short.

to bet long you would look at services/stocks that would stand to gain more profits through a student loan collapse and then invest on those now while you anticipate their share value to rise.

the other way would be to short stocks that you think will crash.

I'm sure some googling could provide some insight from analysts who's job it is to predict these things. I'm no analyst so I can't really speculate personally.

Eventually, as the prestige of the American university fades, Chinese students will stop going to the other side of the world to read books.

It isn't entirely the fault of modern students that they choose degrees that will never return on investment.

They are overwhelmed by a constant buzz of "Anyone can do anything! Follow your dreams!" on one side and people saying "It doesn't matter what you major in! People just want to see that you can finish a degree!"

Often by people without degrees.

My gf went to school for an HR degree. She makes like $15 an hour. Has $30k debt.

Guess it's a goodgiving money to women thing I graduate next year with an engineering degree and zero debt.

An engish tertiary education will be prestigious for another century at least i bet.
Employers select based on which uni you studied at

>Guess it's a goodgiving money to women thing

So that's why it didn't type in to google