Everyone suddenly turns infertile

>everyone suddenly turns infertile
>18 years later nearly every goverment was destroyed because...?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/sustainable-business/shell-nigeria-oil-payment-corruption-scandal.
youtube.com/watch?v=pbgrwNP_gYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

niggers and jews

Also why didn't the Brits just kill the refugees?
It's not like anyone would've sued them or something

Did you not watch the fucking movie?

It doesn't matter, that's just a plot device for the actual narrative.

Spending any time explaining all the made up history would just waste screen time.

You must be atleast 18 to use this board.
underage &b

Yeah I did. Why going through all the trouble rounding them up and putting them into gigantic ghettoes?

the opposite should happen

old peopel do are calm and just want to die in peace

They were killing off some of them, why do you think they dragged the fat bitch off the bus?

How the whole of the UK was structured was devoid of any sense. The whole economy would've imploded without any imports or financial systems - where the fuck did they get their gas, their military equipment, food, etc.

The whole setup didn't make much sense. The UK imports so many things from then-defunct countries, food, gas, industrial products, don't fucking tell me the Brits get all they need from raiding parties or something.

>don't fucking tell me the Brits get all they need from raiding parties or something.
I would absolutely watch the shit out of a film about Sid and some other lads hopping over the channel to rape pillage and murder for a few days.

>Where the fuck did they get their gas, their military equipment, food, etc.

Again, that point isn't adressed because it really doesn't matter for the narrative.
If there was a line where they explain how they aquire all those resources from other countries, would that change the quality of the film at all?

Just wasting screentime.

Shit tier movie tbqh.

Are you by any chance retarded?
It would've taken two or three minutes to explain this huge fridge logic. Yes it is important for the narrative. If you have some sort of apocalyptic setting it's retarded to explain the cause and some of the effects but not something any adult with an IQ over 85 would ask themselves.
No country could maintain the current and future technological level without delying to outsourcing, foreign trade etc etc

>No country could maintain the current and future technological level without delying to outsourcing, foreign trade etc etc
Where did they say they did absolutely no trade in the movie? And who says they maintained the current and future technological level?

Your points are entrely irrelevant, the movie isn't about the cause of that situation but the result of that situation. You are interested in the economical situation, someone else could be interested in the political situation, but those points are not what the movie is about.

Same as it doesn't matter what exactly caused the blight in Interstellar and how it works, that's just a plot device which should be as brief as possible so the actual narrative could move forward.

Dont care if troll, still triggered.
Why is it shit you fucking shitfuck?

Got another one
>nobody is fertile anymore
>only one group on the Azores actually give a fuck in researching the subject
>fuck all advances in cloning, genetical engineering etc

You do realize that not explaining the circumstances of the narrative is plain inconsistent. Please name me a few movies where making a believable narrative is actually damaging to the narrative.

It's not believable just for you, like any other film has a small number of people who find it not realistic.
And I still don't see why you don't find it believable because they never mention closing absolutely all trade/import.

Most people find the setting of Children of Men not only believable, but even true to our current society actions.

>nearly every government overthrown, societies gone to shit
>somehow trade isn't affected at all
Please, if you have no idea how basic macroeconomics work, stop posting on the issue.

>somehow trade isn't affected at all

I say again for the third damn time, where in the film did they say or even imply that the trade is not affected or changed in any way?

Fucking Islamic State has been able to produce and trade in oil.

Big corporations can operate even with failed governments

One of the leaked emails during elections revealed SHELL pretty much runs Nigeria.

theguardian.com/sustainable-business/shell-nigeria-oil-payment-corruption-scandal.

>yfw this is a serious question and not the usual troll Sup Forums thread

My point is, for the nth time that having basic commodities would've been borderline impossible with the information the movie gives us from the world. Why? Because the UK import products worth 663 billion USD while exporting 466 billion USD. Fuck the whole military wouldn't be possible (vehicle and plane parts produced in India, Mexico, France and who knows where), manufacture of clothes or technical appliances almost exclusively in other now defunct countries and the list just goes on and on. A TREMENDOUS military and interior budget just to secure the few settlements which are still intact. Where is all the electricity coming from? Fuck there's a constant state of war basically everywhere.

So it's pure propaganda then?

Autism the post.

Chill brah, just turn your brain off :)

youtube.com/watch?v=pbgrwNP_gYE

out of the way plebs, ideology coming through

>actually discussing a cuaron flick this deeply

Not him but he's right

Outside of the cinematography it's trash

Yeah as if you understood the issue before I pointed it out. Fucking brainlets.

pull my finger for fart joek XD

There is no issue you fucking autistic faggot.

Now for the fourth time, you are again implying that there is zero import or trade in the film.
Why? Why do you think there is no import or trade?

Which scene or line of dialogue made you believe that?

Sup Forums constantly talks about capeshit and mediocre pieces of shit. Why not about this one?

Shut the fuck up

no its because no one wanted to have kids any more with everyone being intermixed with rapefugees thats the secret red pill

It's a logical assumption.

I think it's like a no future, no peace type thing. Being unable to continue your lineage would drive anyone into nihilism and despair. In fact for a depiction of end times, I think it's kind of understated.

What about the editing? The set pieces? The sound design? The production design? Performances? Blocking? All shit eh?

How about the whole fucking world pumps their money into fucking research?

What in the honest to God fuck are you even talking about? It's a movie, it's not a documentary on the economic policies of future Britain. Do you watch the Lord of the Rings and ask yourself: 'Gee, how is Theoden affording all these horses for his army? Just what exactly is his taxation policy? Where did they source the brick from for Helms Deep?'

No 18 year old kids to ship off to fight for freedom :^)

So you're comparing Britain in the year 2024 or something to Middle Earth. You've successfully proven that you have brain damage.

Beacuses it's just a slightly smarter take on the zombie movie and if we cured the z-virus there would be no movie. Seriously, if you replace the last infant with a vial of anti-zombie serum you have a George Romero movie.

I disliked this movie intensely, its just so bland and awful. I honestly dont get why people like it at all, generally I am quite on par with what most people like.

Nihilism gains a foothold. An government economy that robs present Peter to pay future Paul grinds to a halt.

The subtext is more interesting than the baby niglet adventure committed to film.

autism in action

Why didn't they kill all old people then?
Fuck the pension system in that case. Pour every dollar into genetical engineering.

Who though. Would you start killing people. Would pol organize and go on a rampage. Nah.

The rich hang on to whatever they can and become decadent like the brother, the rest muddle through.

funny how Zizek can clearly pronuance spanish

Isn't there a video he watches on the news that says a shitload of countries ended up nuking each other?

>literally the end of our species
>expects everything to go on as normal

>nobody nuked Britain
>not even under Sharia law
Immersion ruined. I'd nuke the bongs first for shits and giggles.

>no children
>no hope for the future
>collapsing economies due to no young people

these guys are right and anyone still discussing that shit is senseless

Jesus mate, how underage are you?
If everybody on earth become infertile and it became common knowledge we would be talking about a global extinction of our species, the end of our world.
Why live? Why go on of we are all doomed? Everything we created will cease to be and all our knowledge lost, people would go insane.

You will see riots on street when you take welfare from niggers or some old guy with funny hair becomes the president, yet alone when the world ends.
Some governments would survive initially as the search for a cure went on, but year after year of failed progress the tensions would get worse and worse, pressure would be insane and people mad that someone isnt doing something.
I cant see any country lasting for 10 yet alone 18 years.

You can't fucking tell me that all scientists of the world researching cloning techniques for 18 years or whatever wouldn't be able to solve this? Fuck, people are just now talking that genetical engineering is on its way, without a crisis of such a humongous scale for humanity.

pull my finger

Stop replying to your own posts you mong.

>Those who felt that the world slipped away from them after the 2000 presidential election and later with the events of 9/11, will see their dread visualized here. Journalist Theodore Faron (caffeine-haggard Clive Owen) embodies their fear and sanctimony as he traverses the trash-strewn, gang-filled streets of Cuarón’s London, walking past neo-concentration camps, evoking WWII or Bosnia or the United States-Mexico border—take your pick. He’s witness to sly evocations of both al-Qaeda terrorism and Homeland Security crackdowns, and underground rebels abduct him and ex-wife Julian (Julianne Moore)—who may be either illegal-immigrant freedom fighters or fascist henchmen. But then Cuarón adds a sanctimonious twist: a mock virgin-birth by a Third-World woman named Kee (Claire-Hope Ashitey), whose delivery and protection becomes Theo’s neo-white man’s burden. You can’t get more Lefty sentimental than that.
>Cuarón treats this exaggerated state of the world as a genre exercise. Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezski does long Steadicam takes through bombed-out neighborhoods and on motorway shoot-outs that resemble the surreally distanced, uninterrupted viewpoint of a videogame. But these show-offy sequences come 16 years after Scorsese and De Palma pioneered them in GoodFellas and Bonfire of the Vanities. They’re done to impress, yet are so slow and stagey that they’re portentous. Children of Men never explains how the world got this way and so its dread is convincingly sophomoric—as is Theo’s reluctant heroism.
>Fact is, Children of Men is too smug to be Orwellian or even satirical. Cuarón combines dread and lack of affect, then gets sentimental. Note his maudlin final shot of a ship christened “Tomorrow”; it ought to expose Cuarón to fans who think this film’s visual style is superior to Apocalypto or Minority Report. Those movies had genuine breadth and excitement; Children of Men is delusionary.

The human genome isnt understood, genetic engineering consists of taking parts of dna code slapping it somewhere and hoping for best thousand times over and over until something happens you are looking for
The likelihood that collapsing governments would be able to produce anything of value that the entire world connected through the web and working together today cant is laughable
As for cloning? Clonning still requires egg cells, and with those gone we have no way of reproducing them and wont have the ability for decades yet
On top of which even if we perfected cloning tech to the point we dont need input material for it to work, it would never be large scale enough to counter the amount of people dying every minute, while there was less and less people to take care of the clone babies, eventually lacking the ability to even sustain the project.

And while they might have done it, it would not stop the riots in the streets, the wars that would start and force people who would lose the will back into the society. Our civilization would collapse even if we survived.

Go back to Sup Forums,

Both are fictional places you fucking autistic faggot

Because the world has never been able to unite ever?

Think about ww2: war killed 60+ million and ended with the use of weapons that had the potential to destroy the entire planet. Yet we've had war ever since.

Aids, cancer..... they've made strides on both but despite decades of research still no cure

It felt like the creator liked 1984 a bit too much to me.
Nicely filmed movie nonetheless.

best dystopia movie of the past several decades

>18 years later nearly every government was destroyed because...?

Nuclear family, yadda, yadda, yadda