I'm very curious about the possible Catalonia independence

i'm very curious about the possible Catalonia independence.
how is the real history of Catalonia and why do they want to be independent?
can they really become independent?
do they have the economy to be independent?
how can a possible independence reverberate in Spain?

sadly it isnt gonna happen

I hope every day that one day it will be independent

i'm very curious about the possible Québec independence.
how is the real history of Québec and why do they want to be independent?
can they really become independent?
do they have the economy to be independent?
how can a possible independence reverberate in Canada?

>how is the real history of Catalonia and why do they want to be independent?
They were, at some point. They definitely are a distinct nation within Spain. They were the main centre of Aragon, one of the two main crowns that comprise Spain. Speaking a different language also helps.
>can they really become independent?
Not constitutionally. They'll have to fight it out, or convince the parliament to change the constitution.
>do they have the economy to be independent?
Probably, but not as good as they think or maybe as it is now, even. Most markets would still prefer Spain, since it's larger and already existent and more stable. Catalunha has a net contribution to Spain, but these things often happen because they house most of the industry and services of Spain, which would leave to Spain, or just stop receiving funds from Spain, which is a larger pool of taxes/clients to get revenue from.
>how can a possible independence reverberate in Spain?
Unknown. Some movements may happen in the Basque Country, Galicia, Valencia or the islands, but probably not big enough to actually leave.

I for one would like to see it happen. I don't like Spain being in here all alone with us.

Spain should be balkanized
Meme non-countries do not deserve to exist

I like the vertical-stripes approach for Iberia:
Portugal + Galicia
Leon
Castille
Aragon

Andaluzia cannot be trusted to govern itself. and the Basques should not have picked such an horizontal region.

This
Reintegration of the galician and portuguese languages fucking when

>how is the real history of Catalonia
According to some versions their name derives from Goth-Alania. Modern South Alania also wanted independence and it ended up with the war and several attemps of genocide of it's population.

So... Catalonian war when?

> I don't like Spain being in here all alone with us.

Pal, that's pathetic. Leave those things to them.
Some of them want other's don´t want, whatever... but i've seen one thing that makes no sense... it was migrants doing their manifs for the indepdance of catalonia. that's divide and conquer shit, balkanization, that's bad, that's cancer.

>doesnt want meme non-countries
>wants independent catalonya

Spain is as much of a non-country as belgium and most of post colonization africa

Oh, I know it's up to them. I just want maps to change, once in a while. I'd like to live through such a change.

It will never happen leftists are too pathetically retarded to run a country

Fuck off you Scottish retard

>Leftists
>Biggest party in the nationalist coalition is right wing

true, but how is the spanish march (a.k.a catalunya) a real country?
they could only become part of another country really, either be it some confederation of the balearic coast, a new septimaria or just join france, all seems pretty unlikely/impractical

If anything, Castile should be independent. You don't know what it is to live in the Iberian Leponia.

>a 500 year old concept after the marriage of Castille and Aragón
>less legit than a third of the crown of aragon becoming a nation
everyone in this country wants to be a special snowflake, tell me somethign i dont know

>I just want maps to change
Join Spain

>Leponia

what that?

catalonia will become independent and theres nothing you spicshits can do about it. go suck alberto barbosas dick in the meantime.

rude, spaniards may be dipicable creatures, but they still are our brothers

and no, catalunya won't be independent unless EU goes kill, which won't happen in the next 10 years

Laponia*
The most abandoned place in the Iberian Peninsula and I live there. There's barely anyone here, it's as if I'm the only one living here.

sad... those places are nice

it can't be as bad as alentejo+extremadura

besides, that region is one of the most historical relevant of the whole peninsula, at least until catillian kings decided to move capital down south. La rioja and soria are the birthplace of castillian language and to a degree, culture as well

why are there so many shared toponyms with spain and the caucasus?

>iberia (name for kingdom of georgia)
>alania
>...probably more!!

Extremadura is more populated than this piece of abandoned landmass. This saddest thing is that it used to be Celtiberia too.

celtic roots or mere coincidence
theres also a place called Galitzia near turkey, just like Galicia in Spain. "Gal" is a common prefix for celtic places (Wales is Gales, France was Galia...)

iberia -> folk that goes/speaks ibe ibe (greeks were extremely orignial)

alania -> alans stayed in here for quite some time, after they got beaten in the east. Eventually visigoths (as in west-goths) conquered them, and a few tribes went further south, into the maghreb (as did the vandals)

yeah gallatia (roman name for the now turkish province) was given due to the celts/gales that settled the area (despite being so far away from their core lands)

Iberia is the name Ancient Greeks gave to the Peninsula after the Ebro river.

You can rightly fuck off, neno.