Harmy's Despecialized Edition

What's stopping Disney from producing a proper theatrical OT release from high quality masters?

They could go the geohot route like google has done, and give Harmy a job. It would print money.

Are you already satisfied with the despec as it is? Maybe you don't mind the special edition? I know some anons still have their tapes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IvM3wIB_VoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What's stopping Disney

The contract they signed when they bought the Star Wars property. Georges only request was to never release the original films in their original forms. All original Star Wars movies must be released with the special edition features added.

Huh, well I guess that ends my thread if that's the case. I wonder how he allowed the 2006 theatrical DVDs to be released with that kind of attitude.

>disney
>not fucking over Georgieboy

Disney is just waiting for FOX losing all rights to ANH

>Disney is just waiting for FOX losing all rights to ANH
When?

>only request was to never release the original films in their original forms
Such a dick move. Suck it up Georgie, no one likes your "changes". From hence forth, I shall only call George by his Sith name. Darth Bay-bee.

>random stormtrooper on the cover

I'll never understand that logic

>get this VHS pack at Goodwill covered in tape for a dollar
>the first movie was replaced with the tape for Attack of the Clones

source?

It goes with the Empire thing I suppose

It really should be Obi-wan on ANH, Vader on ESB, and Luke on ROTJ.

>ROTJ label is on upside down
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Obviously they weren't doing human character faces on the box art, it probably would've looked weird. The way they screwed up is by not putting Palpatine on the ROTJ box, sticking with the trilogy of evil theme.

This has to be an urban legend at this point. He can't really be that petty

No

ANH - Luke
Empire - Yoda
Jedi - Vader

They're still pretty cheap on ebay. Not sure why you'd want them unless you're a collectorfag though.

because George is so retarded that he thought no one would buy the cases if he didn't put the 3 most recognizable faces on the covers. Vader, Stormtrooper, and Yoda. Instantly you know it's Star Wars

By current copy right laws, some time around 2057

the original film will disintegrate by then

The only correct box art is as follows:

ANH - Greedo
ESB - Tauntaun
ROTJ - Nien Nunb

Based George
Manbabbies btfo

The special editions make me so mad. For every decent to good change there is a horrible disgusting change.

the most recent digital masters won't.

it's funny to me that harmy and friends probably put thousands of man hours into the despecialized edition, when a much superior cut of the same thing is just sitting on a hard drive somewhere in california

i put these on dvd and have watched them zero times

There is not a single good change in the entire special edition trilogy

>FOR THOSE WHO REMEMBER
>FOR THOSE WHO WILL NEVER FORGET
>AND FOR A WHOLE GENERATION WHO WILL EXPERIENCE IT FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

i dunno, i liked the deleted scenes he added like in anh with biggs. i just didnt care for the new special affects and shit he did, especially during the ewok song and jabba singing in rotj, those were probably the worst things he did

Changing Sheev in ANH to be the actor was a positive change.

The chimp did a better job tho

Was the edition with the fat Italian playing jaba released? Time is fuzzy to me.

>NOOOOOOO

That was added for the BD. The better changes for the Special editions are the subtle things, but the big glaring ones are what everyone hates. The only way to make it work is to go through every single option and pick which ones you prefer.

Disney will do it eventually, probably after the sequel trilogy is done. Wouldn't be surprised if Disney does a theatrical re-release of the OT desu. Advertise it as the "definitive versions" and an "opportunity for younger generations to experience a cultural phenomena" or something like that.

Then they'll remake the prequels. All the while releasing side story films (like Rogue One) every other year.

but will RLM do another review of TPM 2.0?

Ironically that will be pushed foward by Disney because of Mickey.

Yeah but nobody outside the highest echelons of the illuminati will ever have a chance to see that superior cut.

Of course.

please. I met alex jones at a bar outside houston, and he says he's seen the ANH master twice.

Because FOX still has distribution rights to the Original Trilogy.

But muh laser disc release

>implying filter man isn't at the top of pyramid
On a more serious note, Alex Jones is quite a lot of steps above a regular star wars fan, I doubt average joe will get a chance to see it.

>Luke meets Biggs again
>New victory music at the end of RotJ
>New shot of Oola in the Rancor pit
>Eliminating transparency on snowspeeder cockpits in ESB
>finally getting the lightsaber colours right and consistent with BluRay release
>several minor color corrections, like R2D2 being blue in space instead of black.
>Palps talking to Vader in ESB redone with McDiarmid (even though he regrettably looks less like RotJ Palpy because it's his RotS getup)

Those are the ones I like.

There is no proof that Lucas said this, you dumb faggot. It's just heavily speculated that he probably did due to his strong resentment for the theatrical releases.

This is the box set I grew up with. Hoping my parents still have it. It's my favorite artwork.

>What's stopping Disney from producing a OT release

Fox still has the rights for the movies for a couple of years and ANH is theirs forever so Disney needs to buy it from them before they can release anything.

Notice how even the most recent releases are still from Fox and not Disney.

Going from rumors/reports Disney is currently working on a 4k version of ANH.

Maybe this is how Fox got to make Legion...

i have three box sets of the old version. I only watch it on vhs.

it's really sad because the video quality of the bluerays and shit is really nice but i don't want all the extra added in bullshit.

George is waiting for the OT generation to die off so people will stop asking for them already.

err, you do know there are quite a few fan projects restoring the untouched editions right?

>fan projects

no thanks

> finally getting the lightsaber colours right and consistent with BluRay release

If Harmys Editions are 100% authentic to the original versions I seriously need someone to explain to me how the lightsabers are inconsistent in the movie.

Obi-Wans saber looks weird (shorts out?) the moment where Alec holds the saber to the camera in a way where "the blade is hidden by its tip" and Vaders sword was not colored when the blast doors close in ANH but those are literally the only two parts where anything is wrong. The colors are always the same, the sabers don't have any size differences or whatever one could fuck up with lightsaber effects. I was amazed at how much better Lukes Falcon training looks in ANH compared to the DVD.

If anything the Special Editions ruined the lightsabers countless times by making Vaders saber pink or orange depending on the shot and giving Lukes saber a different blue, green and turquoise for everytime the camera changes. Even when the Blu-Rays finally properly corrected them I still can't see it as a positive when I wasted 10 years with the OT 2004 DVD box set which is definitely the worst version when it comes to lightsabers and colors in general, and the Blu-Ray literaly had no other good changes.

they literally recreate the original negative frame by frame. look it up.

Fox can't lose all rights to ANH.
They own it forever. V and VI will revert back to Disney in 2020 though.

youtu.be/IvM3wIB_VoE

Nice source faggot.

The Stormtroopers represent the Empire my man.

Not the other guy, but from one Star Wars fan to another you should definitely check out Harmys Despecialized Edition. The amount of work and effort put in results in a near perfect copy of the original theatrical release in blu-ray quality.

Hey I actually have that copy of ANH

>the video quality of the bluerays and shit is really nice but i don't want all the extra added in bullshit.
you stupid ass bitch that's what the despec IS

who /poodoo/ here?