Eurofag here

Eurofag here
Is MLS worth following?
I'm getting kindof bored with the european leagues, especially with the champions league being a 4 team circlejerk
is mls getting on a respectable level nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OqtSz_7bM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is mls getting on a respectable level these days
Nope. The gringo league is far behind compared to Liga MX and Brazil/Argentina ligas. Go watch some games and you'll notice that it's a trainwreck to watch. Most MLS players have garbage first touch, dont know what to do tactically and know even less on how to defend. If our league is Championship level tier, theirs would be League One tier.

Just watch our league dutchhermano. We have two playoffs and every new Apertura/Clausura is a new winner.

Do you have any connection with any players there/American cities?

nope
just looking for a league that's fun to watch

i watched the atlanta vs columbus 2 days ago and i enjoyed it

not the best quality football but it was still entertaining

CHI

The fans are cancerous and the level of play isn't great, but it can be pretty enteraining. Lots of parity compared to European leagues and there are playoffs every year.

this
MLS is comfy tier

no
we dont even watch it

As someone who very casually watches soccer and can appreciate things like wc, euros, etc even though I don't follow soccer closely in any sense, the MLS is pretty bad. The talent differential is massive. It's absolutely impossible for me to watch one. I would imagine the top teams would be fighting for their lives to stay out of relegation in the English Championship

if you enjoy some “eh” tier soccer, then yes

>Most MLS players have garbage first touch,
Yeah I'm a megacasual but I watch a shitload of sports so I can tell quality fairly well even though I don't watch soccer a lot. The first touch shit is almost cringy how bad it is. It really is the worst aspect of on field play with them.

its like eredivisie 2.0

its a meme league

>Is MLS worth following?
No.
>is mls getting on a respectable level nowadays?
Nope.
If you're tired of Europe, watch the Hue or Mexibean leagues also, Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana.

We have a handful of Dutch players including like half of Groningen's squad from 2 years ago
Also the former sporting director for AZ
Please watch our league

Does each team have one or two recognisable older players?

>especially with the champions league being a 4 team circlejerk
Then MLS is the league for you.

In America, we love parity. It has been broken a bit with Designated Player rules (TFC, NYCFC for examples) but poorer teams can still compete (FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo for examples).

Many of them has at least one. Some opts to build around youth and cheaper unknown Central American and South American players.

Some do. Atlanta United went another route and picked up young south Americans that'll probably be in Europe in a few years

If you're looking for high quality play then stay away.
It's a fun league that's getting better but as long as the salary cap stays as low as it is then teams will continue to be filled out with shit tier NASL/USL level players because they aren't allowed to spend any more money.

It's pretty comfy, and getting more legit. The "retirement league" criticism is old news, the league is being driven by young talent now.

Don't listen to , liga MemeX is shit

I agree with this. There is a terribly low level of play in the MLS.

Tell me about Elis....

Watch Libertadores hoping to see the next Neymar/Messi/etc.

Stay for the fights

Watch our league and support Based Earnie Stewart's Philadelphia Union

you tell me
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OqtSz_7bM

That's actually a decent crowd

if i go to an mls game will the locals worship me like a god?

>Is MLS worth following?
Hell no, it's fucking terrible.
>I'm getting kindof bored with the european leagues, especially with the champions league being a 4 team circlejerk
Then support your league or something
>is mls getting on a respectable level nowadays?
No, they lose to mexican clubs every year in their shitty champions league competition and all the mls players get exposed against the better well prepared international players.

If you want to be entertained by terrible shit football, go ahead and watch mls I guess.

Why don't they do a champions league with the south american teams as well, that would actually be pretty awesome

you could watch out league. this year it looks very promising. basel won the league the last 7 years but are now fucking up. young boys are very strong this season and even the 2 clubs from zürich finally got their shit together

Because MLS gets exposed by Mexican clubs so they would be doubly exposed against the South American clubs who expose the Mexican clubs.

yeah, it would be fun

If I may make a team suggestion, please follow the Portland Timbers, we have a Euro style crowd energy, are always in it for a cup and a good team diversity and anti-racism/homophobia attitude which probably jives well with Netherlands.

>this entire post
Please, drink some bleach and slit your wrists and throat.

>muh euro style
Why do you and Shitattle try so hard when it comes to this. Create your own culture and style without trying so hard to be some carbon copy of what you see on TV. Just mindless chanting robots wishing they were born in europe.

>Create your own culture and style
>USA

pick one

Pretty exciting league. Anyone can beat anyone on any given matchday and the gap between the top team and the bottom team is pretty slim. Lack of pro/rel and parity measures also allows teams to build over a few seasons without having to make quick/rash short term benefit decisions at the sacrifice of long term stability. Quality of play goes up noticeably practically every year. The playoffs are fun. And itll give you soccer to follow over the summer with international tournaments because of the spring-fall schedule.

NYCFC are fun to watch. They're coached by Patrick Viera and they have David Villa who is doing pretty well.
MLS isn't like other leagues in the sense that they pride themselves on parity. Even still, Toronto have been destroying the league this year.

>that flag those comments.

I don't even think they show MLS on tv desu. Only beaner ball, Kraut and Brit leagues get shown here. I tune into the Premier League every now and then when it gets shown on NBC

I agree, Copa LIbertadores is the best competition to watch outside of europe. it's not easy to watch games in the US though.

>muh ccl
Shit tournament timed terribly for the MLS season. Also, salary caps in MLS are great for the league internally, but make inter-league play meaningless.

I agree with this post. This is a pretty reasonable answer.

probably, most mls fans are hipster bandwagoners just getting into soccer within the last 5 years. the accent will make them suck your uncut prod cock

Reminder that forced parity ruins leagues. MLS would be much better if the top players all played for the top 10 teams instead of sharing them between every team meaning every team is mediocre.

Fuck no

Liga MX is garbage too. Mexicans only excel at finishing. They just hoof the ball around all game. Idk if the ball even touches the pitch

I find MLS exciting because you never know what the refferee is goig to do. Very unpredictable, there are usually 4-5 really bad calls that fuck both teams throughout the game. Also:

>every player has the first touch of a rapist

Hey man, the majority Gyasi Zardes's career assists have been terrible first touches in the box that somehow go directly to a teammate.

would you watch lower league dutch football if it featured good players from 4-5 years ago and failed european prospects whose whereabouts had escaped you?
+ occasional great free kicks and stuff because we keep importing south american #10s

Also, americans could not handle the level of atmosphere of south american teams. I mean they bitch about beaners and all they do is yell puto.

>Not picking up on easy bait for yous

You bitch niggas have to go back.

The league has parity because they're all equally shitty though.

they bitch about ch*canos because they throw literal garbage onto the field
not in an entertaining or well-coordinated way, just chucking food wrappers and cups and shit down there whenever they're upset
it's not intimidating or funny or impressive, it's just repugnant

This. It's pretty disgraceful.

This is completely backwards, most top scorers in our league are South Americans. We definitely don't play hoffball like MLS or Premiere League.