Every other war film i've seen sort of glorifies it and makes it look fun like war is just a call of duty game

Every other war film i've seen sort of glorifies it and makes it look fun like war is just a call of duty game.

But Jesus Christ did this film sure change my opinion about that

What other films show the grim realities of war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anti-war_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thin Red Line didn't have a screaming zombie

Born on the Fourth of July

You really haven't seen many movies have you?

Saving Private Ryan
Thin Red Line
The Grand Ilusion
All Quiet In The Western Front
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
Apocalypse Now
Letters from Iwo Jima
Born on the Fourth of July

And those are just the films that I can think of off the top of my head that did a better look at warfare and the illusion of glorification than Hacksw Ridge did. Also none of those films used slow motion grenade kicking, so that's a plus.

Jarhead was good.

>Hacksaw being a reality of anything
Wtf is wrong with people? I want to scream in autistic rage every time someone says this movie is any good. The old man whose story they used should be offended. It was a caricature of a war film and a parody of itself. It was anime-tier over-the-top. Then they ended it like it was a true and respectful homage to the man. How could anyone take it seriously? I am steamed.

Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket
Apocalypse Now
Platoon

Required watching

>inb5 "pleb taste"

Jarhead

Inb4 some faggot posts Come and See like he's some hot shit despite it being fucking trash.

It was gloriously stupid. If Mel was trying to emulate the romantic during-war period of filmmaking, he did very well. Better than Pearl Harbour, anyways.

add:

The Big Red One

Stalingrad and its a great film about a area of war where not many films take place

MSG Thunderbolt: December Sky

Fury is the best I've seen since Saving Private Ryan

>Makes it look fun like war is just a call of duty game

Except that's exactly what Hacksaw Ridge is?

Give me my nootka sound treaty.

have you only seen like 4 movies in your life? what the hell are you talking about?

Come and See. man do I feel like hot shit now

you left out the longest day. youre a fucking pleb

I agree. The movie does a very good job in depicting the horrors of war. I think this is something that a lot of people with rose tinted glasses need to see. As OP said, there are way too many movies that glorify war, which paints a wrong picture, especially in young and stupid americans.

hacksaw ridge did a great job in this regard.

I fucking love you

>we were soldiers
>based mel gibson
Not even once? GTFO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anti-war_films

It sucks.

First time I saw We Were Soldiers I laughed my ass off at the fact that it looked like they were filming on a studio backlot in California.

>See actual pics of the LZ depicted in the film
>mfw it looks exactly like a studio backlot

I forgot I saw The Grand Illusion. Great movie. Thanks for reminding me, user.

Considering Hacksaw had loads of garish action sequences I can't imagine it being the one film to change anyone's childish views of war.

The ending of Fury is great and shows that human beings are the ones fighting on both sides

All Quiet on the Western Front is the first to come to mind.