Daily reminder that pic related wasn't even nominated for the Oscars

Daily reminder that pic related wasn't even nominated for the Oscars.

Other urls found in this thread:

kissanime.ru/Anime/Kimi-no-Na-wa
youtube.com/watch?v=NwKMYYfWHHo
youtube.com/watch?v=3zTX9VhnanM
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=895647
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=895270
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FINDS A WAY

Daily reminder that pic related won't be released in the US until April of 2017 and you're a fucking retard.

Good, gook cartoons are trash

>no BD released

None of Shinkai's films were even though literally all of them were good enough to win the Oscar for best animated film in the respective years they were released. Thank god for Cars 2 though right lads?

Nobody cares for weeb cartoons

Watched it in the cinema with gf
I actually enjoyed it , even if I think anime is stupid.

So the Oscars aren't a bunch of fat neckbeards who think videogames and anime are the greatest achievement of mankind? Who would have though.

>unironically defends the (((oscars)))

Good for them

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Daily reminder that anime is trash and none of it is deserving of an Oscar, and all the weebs who enjoy it and believe it should be nominated are delusional stunted manchildren.

I guess it's too bad anime already won an Oscar then :^)

The plot twist is they live 3 years difference so she is actually 3 years older then him, a meteor crashes on her village and kill her and all the people, the boy goes back i n time to explain her what will happen and she manages to bring everyone to a safe place.

3 years later they meet in the train and stop and ask each others name while they cry of being happy to see each other.

the people who judge the oscars are quite literally tasteless plebs, the animated category is likely decided by whatever movie their kid watched most recently

Watch this, watch Zootopia, watch Moana, watch the other ones, only then you'll realize this one got robbed.

>DUDE BOY MEETS GIRL LMAO

Our standards should be a lot higher desu. Satoshi Kon didn't die for this shit.

It was though, wasn't it?

I can't find this Anime anywhere. Anyone got links? Torrent, MEGA, Dropbox, online, anything really.

It's on nyaa you retard

It should have got nominated over red turtle but of course ghibli gets preference because MUH disney

kissanime.ru/Anime/Kimi-no-Na-wa

Many, probably even most recent feature length anime movies are some kind of visually glittery, melodramatic magical realism teen love drama. Summer Wars, 5cm, Girl Who Leapt Through Time, this and countless others are pretty much cut from the same cloth.

>5 centimeters per second
>good
wew lad

thank god i wasn't born with the same shit taste as you

>Japanese animation never won an Oscar
>mfw

They have to pander to an audience, unfortunately.

no, there are good elements to all his films but I would say overall he's a pretty weak storyteller
Your name was really the first film where it all came together really nicely and I think some credit for that is due to Masashi Ando

Welcome to anime. Each of those films are classics though and animated incredibly. Dismissing quality because you don't like a specific setting or premise is just about as plebeian as you can get.

WEEBS BTFO

shame that would be impossible now, best animated feature was created to give Shrek an oscar but for over a decade now its literally been just give it to Pixar, if no Pixar movie was released that year give it to Disney.

They gave it to fucking brave, that's all you need to know.

Haven't seen this but the Academy has no credibility if Kaguya-hime went home empty handed. That was a crime.

>Girl Who Leapt Through Time
this had to be the most low stakes movie about time travel ever made, I'm sorry but I felt it was nothing but wasted potential

>overall he's a pretty weak storyteller

What do you mean by this? Narrative has never been his focus. It's always on the characters themselves which is where his style shines. The Place Promised in our Early Days is probably his weakest film and that was the one where he seemed to specifically try to make a more narrative focused story. I don't think he's very flexible, but the kinds of stories he does like to tell I think he does incredibly well.

Cartoons are for children and virginal shut-ins.

>muh miyazaki nagasaki

Paprika is my favorite anime movie and it wasn't even nominated. That year (2007) Ratatouille won, with Persepolis and Surf's Up nominated.

Ratatouille was quite enjoyable, and Perepolis was a really great film so I can't complain too hard about that, but Surf's Up? Are you fucking kidding me?

You can't even say that it's because of an inherent bias the Oscars have for Hollywood since Persepolis was a French/Iranian film.

Complete shit

>DUDE OLD LADY DIES LMAO

Look, I summed up Michael Haneke's "Amour"

that's what I mean when he tries a big story like he did with the place promised in our early days or Hoshi o ou kodomo the story takes a back seat after a while and the whole plot grinds to a halt
Your name still has that but it happens later in the movie and feels like it compliments the more energetic first half

Really? I'm Australian and I saw it last month.

Difference being that it's all Shinkai knows how to do. The problem isn't merely the premise, it's the sheer oversaturation of it. Not just from Shinkai but from far too many anime. Concept isn't everything but it is important, and to dismiss its importance outright is disingenuous. Stories need that creative spark.

Holy shit are these real Academy voters?

youtube.com/watch?v=NwKMYYfWHHo

This lost to disney too.

Oscar for animated feature it's a joke, even worse than best vestuary.

Good. It's a piece of fucking pleb trash worse than the average oscar bait

he is right that it made no sense for Lego Movie not to have even been nominated when it honestly should have won, but yeah that's pretty bad. You're not supposed to vote if you haven't seen all the films.

>talking shit about costume design
You're just not gay and/or female enough to appreciate it.

Yeah they really are but he's right about the lego movie

>Brave won an Oscar? WHAT THE FUCK!???????????????

Are the Oscars this meme-ish?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. Are you implying Brave deserved to win an oscar or was in any way a good film?

DELET THIS

I am not even into Japshit and I loved his kino.

You're right for the most part, but they still deserve credit for putting twists into those settings. Usually there's at least some kind of spin that still gives it a bit of originality. It definitely does get old after a while though. Hopefully Shinkai is better able to branch out in the future, I really do want to see him develop a more flexible style.

For me even if the same concept is done a hundred times so long as its done a hundred times well and with good writing/execution I can still enjoy it. Also, it's not like there aren't overused concepts in Hollywood, they exist everywhere.

I meant how the fuck did Brave win an Oscar.

Wait a second, are you referring to Brave, the Disney shitty Irish animation (redhead archer princess), or are you referring to Braveheart, Mil Gibson's best performance and the greatest movie ever made?

It didn't deserve it.

They are a fucking joke in the animation department, every year there's a better film that doesn't even gets nominated.

American remake when?

Seriously though

You mean Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

it's more like Lake House or Il Mare

Reminder that The Tale of the Princess Kaguya lost the Oscar to Big Hero 6

yeah the shitty Pixar movie about the Irish princess who despite being literally the most privileged person in her entire civilization has a complete meltdown that almost destroys the kingdom when she gets asked to do one thing for the first time in her entire fucking life. Not to mention that its a film where they make the female protagonist exceptional by making all her male peers extremely subpar, although I have to say her suitors (an asshole with an anger problem, a fat fuck with an accent so thick you can't understand a word he says, and a literal drooling retard) were an accurate cross section of Scottish society. So I guess I can't be too hard on them.

Still though, Pirates band of misfits and wreck it ralph were both nominated that year and were vastly superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zTX9VhnanM

I don't have the image but just imagine this but with the people who actually attended the event

outside of 2 or 3 extremely impressive sequences I found this to be very dry, long and predictable.
If you showed it to a child I don't think they would like it at all

where can i download this? looks cool

>although I have to say her suitors (an asshole with an anger problem, a fat fuck with an accent so thick you can't understand a word he says, and a literal drooling retard) were an accurate cross section of Scottish society.

mfw

>Still though, Pirates band of misfits and wreck it ralph were both nominated that year and were vastly superior.

Disney and Pixar are rigging the Oscars. No doubt.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=895647

good thing children don't judge the oscars i guess

CHINESE FUCKING SHITS

1. Download a torrent client (preferably Qbittorrent)
2. Download Bit Che from Convivea
3. Update the Script of Bit Che (it's on the bar)
4. Search for literally anything in Bit Che and you'll get results from all the public trackers on earth. Results will be overwhelming so choose wisely.

Anyone have the pasta about the Sup Forumssshole who saw this movie with his dad?

>2017
>720p

Choose one.

what's the tl;dr

that's a known keylogger senpai

Explain please.

is this better than Patema Inverted?

The poster "wanted to share his hobby with his dad," thinking Your Name would be a good choice because of its global appeal and acclaim. The first five seconds of the film are a teenage girl fondling her own breasts. Disgusted, the dad walks out of the theater. After the movie, the poster has to walk all the way home alone.

no

Isn't this the version ripped from the airplane? it's actually 540p, still better than the chink screener
BD's won't be out will october because funimation are retards that are only releasing it in April in the US

That's an asshole move. Even by Sup Forums standards.

Comments on the page seem to imply the rip is substandard.

Some commenters ask why encode animation in 60 FPS, which is a very good question.

>consuming media
>a hobby

reading isn't a hobby?

That's the shitty quality version one you retards

Use this one

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=895270

It's still sub standard quality and because it's a Shinkai film you are doing yourself a disservice to watch a non BD version of the film so if I were you I would just wait for the actual release. But do as you want.

Good. Not even a top tier 2016 anime film

>not dropping everything that ends in -gatari

Oishi is a better director than Shinkai.

I don't know who the fuck are those two, all I know that everything related to Bakemonogatari is utter garbage, uncluding Bakemonogatari

including*

Does Oishi actually write his shows himself? Shinkai writes all of his works on his own. Oishi doesn't.