We live in a nation when beautiful neon signs are being replaced by cheap plastic boxes

>we live in a nation when beautiful neon signs are being replaced by cheap plastic boxes

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPkzF7XvJtI
youtube.com/watch?v=10X3zJpMDMo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>progress

Neon is actually running out in the world.

Look it up.

But how will people know they have HBIO?

>4 hour "nap"

yeah, we all know what kind of motel that place is.

Mexicans cant into neon
it scares them unless of course its on their cars

its meant for mexicars not signs

ALSO I DONT UNDERSTAND
I am a truck owner.. I have offroading tires because its a truck and I actually use it to haul stuff

Why do mexicans put GHETTO SPINNA RIMS on a truck making it fucking worthless for offroad?

What is their reasoning behind ruining trucks across our great nation?

In the 1960s people DID take naps, especially alongside a national travel road

>What went wrong?
Andy Warhol and Peter Max

People also dont realize that back then the highway speeds nationally were 55MPH so it took fucking forever to get places naps were needed

replacing this cool as fuck castle sign with rainbow letters, with THIS shit box

Same reason anyone puts stacks on their truck. They wanna feel real badass but don't know they look stupid

>crying about fucking MOTELS

No we aren't, you're retarded.

Fuck off, it's a part of your culture.

Muh electricity bill

>if we dont care about cultural icons from the space era who will?

D-LUX got my back still

I dream of a future in neon,
and the smell of salt from
a bright blue sea.

So vote for Trump
scratch your mark on paper,
and
solidfy the dream of Vapor.

It's cheaper to buy and repair
Less money spent on signs is more money spent elsewhere
It's not some fucking degeneration it's basic economics

>The liberals did this

>pay for a new sign, demolition, installation, rewiring: $6000
>leave a sign up and not touch it: $0

???

>tfw from Palos Hills

yo go check this out on 95th, its getting torn down in a week or so

In your OP clearly the business has changed names, so a new sign is required

My mom said they used to put detergent in the waterfall out front, it would suds up all the way across 95th street

4 hours is too much though, for sex 30 min is enough including showers

some old guy on fb said that to me too after i posted an image of it to some chicago page.

weird

>for sex 30 min is enough including showers

>2 pump chumps
Not even once

expensive to repair

>I've never had sex

This place is right by my house in Chicago. It's a total fuxking dump. Cook county ducking sucks. Bunch of cucks

You a local ? Where did you go to school?

>30 min is enough.
I'll make sure to never fuck a Hungarian.

Because custom neon signs are expensive to produce and maintain. Pan face acrylics in light boxes are cheaper to produce and if the current company leaves it's just a matter of stripping the panel and applying new vinyl. Also permitting plays a huge role in determining what kind of sign is allowed to be installed.

nah my parents grew up in the area though

"Beautil neon signs"

I see that americans cannot into good taste

"beautiful" *

also gay sex is against the law here

The name changed you idiot. Maybe the new owner realized modern design isn't praising neon lights. In any case, the sign is still shit, just slightly more appealing to the eye in daylight.

>Obeying the law.
Pleb.

fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=lPkzF7XvJtI

UH WHAT WENT WRONG EVERY TIME THE PLASTIC COASTING ON A 15KV LINES GETS BRITTLE AND ALIGHTS?

55 MPH? how horrendus

>he thinks sex is for the women
m8, if you're fucking her in a motel she's not worth a second thought. It's basically assisted masturbation. Do your shit and gtfo. 30 mins is a bit short, but close enough.

The money has run out.

>implying you aren't breaking the law on a daily basis

damn

>paint a sign in 1950
>looks like shit because Joe blow down the street isn't an artist
>Either looks like boring shit with basic paints and lasts or looks complex and nice and starts chipping/fading within six months
>not much lighting around
>some guy comes along and is willing to make a super cool neon sign that people haven't seen before
>it's a few thousand for design and installation

Compared to
>need a sign
>head over to the shitty fabrication shop around the corner
>some desk slave making $11/hr designs your sign in some basic CAD software and sends it to a digital printer
>company comes out and mounts it for a few hundred

>one lamp to light them all

But building paints have got so much style.

I moved out before high school also. That area is getting a little too paki if you know what im saying. My parents went to Stagg and my grandma still lives in Hickory Hills. Used to be a nice place before they moved all those niggers into the apartments on 87th ave.

Sucks to think about how great that area must have been in the 1970's / 80's.

Don't worry, custom neon signs are coming back in style.

My buddy is a neon artist and after decades of little work he is booked up 2 years in advance with commercial projects.

youtube.com/watch?v=10X3zJpMDMo

Use to live right near this place. Believe there was a white castle nearby

dont know if you care but 95th had a ton of nice ritzy areas, Sabre room, lexington house, Hickory hills banquet club, delphine house, etc dean martin used to play in hickory hills in the 60s.

now its all somalians and pakistanis. burbank too. is oak lawn still white?

SW highway and 95th had that rotating muffler sign too

I was actually born in Oak Lawn, but havnt been there in probably 5 years. 95th and Roberts Rd. is about as far east as I go nowadays. There was an Egyptian family that used to live across the street from my grandma. You could smell them when the wind blew towards us. Disgusting.

Ive heard stories about how nice it was back in the 60's. Most of what I hear is from my Mom and Dad about how it was in the late 80's. They say it was like the movie Dazed and Confused, how they would just all meet at one of the Cook County forest preserves and party. If the cops showed up, they would make the kids leave, even if they were hammered drunk. Most sober person drives. What a time to be alive.

shit i meant early 80s. fuck I was born in 87

>this misplaced sense of nostalgia

THESE NEW PLASTIC SIGNS ARE SURELY PART OF THE NWO LIBERAL JEWISH AGENDA, SOMEONE CALL ALEX JONES

oaklawn burbank scottsdale hometown etc, was pretty much 80% white until the 90s, now its 35% white and 65% black/mexican/arab

I miss this sign.

The plastic was bought from the Walmart down the street

Tube lights and plastic sheets are a lot cheaper than custom designs and neon letters, eh.