Matt Reeves to direct The Batman movie

I don't know how I feel about this. This director uses too much CGI in his movies and thus Batman needs to be more practical.

I wish Nolan would direct but I know that won't happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/not-fast-new-report-claims-wb-ben-affleck-happy-batman-script-wont-rewritten/
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6kb3_A7rI
youtube.com/watch?v=COewf391rY0
youtube.com/watch?v=-QBYyxlwsog
cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHY DON'T THEY GET BATMAN TO DIRECT IT IF THEY'RE SO FUCKING PROUD OF THEIR BAT-GOD

FUCKING AMERICANS AND THE BATMAN. IF HE'S SO GOOD WHY DOESN'T HE EVER DO ANYTHING. TELL HIM TO MAKE SOME SOUP FOR THE HOMELESS OR SOMETHING JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

>thus Batman needs to be more practical.
Nolan's movies should be evidence that practical effects have drawbacks too.

>I wish Nolan would direct but I know that won't happen.
Fuck Nolan, he couldn't direct fight scenes to save his life.

Trying to do all-practical in single takes is the main drawback to nolan's batman films.

Fuck you, all those miniatures in TDK did not look like miniatures at all

Only evidence is that Nolan can't direct a fight scene worth a shit.

OH SHIT

those were miniatures?

And he makes weird fucking choices. Like being content with Talia's death scene. Or Bale's Batman voice.

it's gonna be shit no matter what.

you take that back. talia's death scene is by far the best part of that movie.

Nolan is certainly a great meme director.

You know what "single take" means, right?

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes was kino.

Yes they were

Apparently they are going with Ben Affleck's script. bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/not-fast-new-report-claims-wb-ben-affleck-happy-batman-script-wont-rewritten/

I can see the real reason Ben Affleck dropping out as director being the fact that's he's super stressed out.

They changed bits of Affleck's script though

Going from Affleck's notes: he wanted to make The Batman original and not base it off a comic.

I hope they didn't change his vision because the best thing about The Dark Knight is that it did its own thing.

Man Disney is going all out with the disinfo with this flick, why are they so scared?

Their movies always make more money anyway and WB will keep on making DC movies even if they are not ina cinematic universe, kind of pointless if you ask me

It's rumors vs rumors. Idk if it's Disney or vultures hungry for clicks.

>people on Sup Forums will actually manage to be mad at the first good DC film since 2008 and can't get over Snyder's cinematic universe being a massive failure

What can I say, the new Spiderman flick has six (6) [seis] different people credited as scriptwriters and we don't hear shit about that.

I get there's more hype about this movie but even then it's fishy as fuck

Disney making fun of WB is what they are doing now. But then: it really makes me think if the conspiracy of Disney/Marvel insiders working at WB may be actually true

>Purposely re-edit Suicide Squad so there is obvious jump cuts that isn't good editing
>Cut so much footage out and make it look like a bloody trailer
>Despite this movie being made for comic book fans, cut out the Joker and Harley relationship and try to make them romantic (oh and if you wanted actual information on why Harley fell for Joker... well who the fuck cares. All you need is Amanda saying over narration that Harley fell for him and that's all you need right?)
Seriously, the release of the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad is full on proof that Marvel/Disney execs somehow are hijacking WB and making sure that these films fail instead of them getting the proper vision that they deserved (David Ayer's original cut of Suicide Squad).

Call me crazy but this has to be real at this point.

I fucking no how much work and dedication Jared Leto put into the role of Joker and how skrewed he got. He even stated in an interview how he felt like he got tricked to play the Joker and the original script that he read was completely destroyed by WB and David Ayer's vision.

Ayer may have said that the theatrical cut is his cut back in August BUT recently he revealed how much he regrets the decisions. He was just saying this in August to get on the good side of WB so they would release an Extended Cut (which they did but adding only an extra 11 minutes of footage was fucking pathetic when there is still heaps of scenes deleted such as Killer Croc attacking Katana, the relationship of June and Flag, the full scene of Flag finding June instead of the fucking music video/trailer like editing).

based nolan
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6kb3_A7rI

Batman's fight scene looked bad in Suicide Squad. Hope The Batman isn't a repeat. youtube.com/watch?v=COewf391rY0

Definitely one of the best comic book movies ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=-QBYyxlwsog

That Batman and Deadshot fight scene was too much of close ups so that's why

I get that you're a shill and all, but let me get your facts straight for a second:

1.- The DCEU made about the same money than the MCU in 2016, taking into account that SS wasn't released in China. Hardly that failure you make it out to be.
2.- Disney is objectively better than WB at making shit movies but make no mistake, WB is a serious studio (like Universal, Paramount and the rest of them) and Disney is a toy and theme park company making toy and theme park commercials. Disney is like succesful Sony, only the product placement movies they do promote their own products instead of Taco Bell or whatever. Just as artistically and morally bankrupt as SOny. Disney hasn't won a relevant Oscar in like... never, I think, and they haven't made a good movie in the 2010s
3.- Ayer is a hack and I'm sure his cut was a piece of shit just as bad as what we saw, only a hack would get involved in capeshit in the first place. Marlel knows this and that's why they hire people from Troma to direct their flicks

whats up with this sudden influx of journalposting? Is there an immigration crisis?

>WB is a serious studio
I wish I could believe this but with the Theatrical release of Suicide Squad: how the fuck did WB execs allow this to be that bad?

>IMDB, closing its discussion boards
Internet free speech is dying Alfred, what would you have me do?

Do people on this board really give this much of a shit about these awful films to follow the pre-production of them? Or is it just some viral marketing crap from the studio?

It's just Disney smear campaign, business as usual

cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered

I loved all the Batman scenes from BvS, the 3rd act CGI fest was too much for me and I hope that The Batman movie will be more of a thriller crime drama and not capeshit.

How hard is it to believe that there are millions of fans that love Batman and Superman and like to watch live adaptions of them, hoping everything goes to plan.

>get attention for a movie that won't come out for 2 years
>smear campaign from another studio
You guys really don't know how this works do you?

How much does Warner Bros pay to shill?

50-50

Millenial taste really is that awful but millenials alone don't have the dedication to spam Sup Forums before and during every capeshit release.

>a movie still deep in preproduction
>daily generals about getting rewrites and other normal preproduction bullshit

We know how it works just fine

>Matt Reeves
Is there a giant monster in the DC wheelhouse? I'd like a Cloverfield sequel.

Yeah I find it odd, I mean I watch these dumb hollywood blockbusters but I don't think much about them before they come out. I figure the studios are building them and maybe check the release date and go watch them if they get decent reviews. Beyond that I could give two fucks about the production schedule, hiring firing of staff, etc. People get paid to care about that stuff so I don't have to.

I think the Nolan Batman movies are meh in general, but that is fucking amazing

Dawn of Apes was Kino, should be in good hands.

Or, WB has some incompetent folk working for them. Seems more likely considering its Hollywood and the stuff from the Sony leaks, done by execs, is hilariously bad.

this. im optimistic.

Ben Affleck wanted to make HIS Batman movie. He wanted to take his time with the script and deliver a capeshit that has never been seen or done before. Warner Brothers on the other hand wants to quickly pump out their Batman product so they can collect a profit of 200-400 million dollars and then they can move right onto The Batman 2 where they can collect another hefty sum of money. That's why Ben dropped out of directing and will only appear in it as an actor. He knows the movie is going to be at the very best a mediocre film and he doesn't want his name stamped all over it.

Theres going to be a new batman movie? Fuck sake give it a rest. How fucking many do we need just get some fucking originality niggers

The only drawback of Nolan's movies were the melee fight scenes were poorly shot. He can't into hand to hand combat choreography, but his destruction and vehicle combat is fucking phenomenal.

after nearly 10 years, I just got a new found respect for this movie. I had no idea those were miniatures... bravo nolan... bravo