Whats up with john wick? Is it actually a good movie or is it a meme. I haven't seen it whats good about it?

whats up with john wick? Is it actually a good movie or is it a meme. I haven't seen it whats good about it?

Quite a few well shot, edited, choreographed R rated action scenes, which is very rare these days.

The raid is better but it's pretty good

one of the better movies of the decade

it dares to be different from the standard of "hero kills bad guys"

Just imagine a Matrix movie, but they're not in the Matrix, but they fight like they were anyway for no logical reason. Oh and they kill his dog because "we gotta get people to care about this shit somehow and people like dogs."

It's crap.

..and those are the only good things about it.

The writing, acting, characters/dialogue were all mediocre.

Worse, the tone was uneven and became almost comical halfway in.

Still worth watching, but it didn't need a sequel.

>I haven't seen it
So go see it and decide for yourself. If you've got enough time to waste here, you've got enough time to form your own opinions.

Imagine if you kids were born back in the time where Commando and Rambo were the norm.
>muh acting in movie that only purpose is to show shotouts and killing sprees
It's like someone on Sup Forums complaining about the cutscenes in Postal 2.

You probably watched Heat for the character development too, huh?

Guns, faggot

Good simple action movie. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wow a movie with guns now that is something hard to find! Never saw that before.

>Is it actually a good movie or is it a meme.
It is a good action movie. Remember the movie "Shoot'em up"? This movie is a better version of that movie. But that really isn't saying much.

I liked Shootem Up.
I liked John Wick
I love Bridget Regan.

literally this. Only redditors will disagree.

Go back to your movies about opressed niggers, disabled people or the holocaust

A movie with guns with well directed fights/shootouts is impossible to find these days, hence the praise John Wick gets. It's a good action movie in a time were 99% of action movies are shit.

Have you watched the sequel? Is it bad?

It's a very well made entertaining action movie.

Don't go in expecting Citizen Kane.

It's good, the sequel is K I N O.

It's a Steven Seagal Movie with a lot more likeable and better lead actor than Seagal. It is also extremely good choreographed, not fast cutted and you can clearly see that Keanu made at least 95% of his stunts by himself (I think the Car scene at the end was a Stunt double, also the fall in the Club scene, the whole rest was Keanu).
It's pure operator Kino.

Saw John Wick 2 last night and hadn't seen the original since it came out of theaters. The second was better in almost every way. It was just some revenge story either, it was a "got you by the balls" kind of story but of course, the movie isn't really about the "story." There's a decent amount of dialogue between killing and it's usually good. Keanu is stiff in a way that is either because he doesn't have a ton of range, which is probable, or that he's given a tongue-in-cheek homage to the "silent, legendary badass character", which is possible. The action though, is undeniably good but not just because it's shooting. It's good because it treats it as an art form, with beautiful choreography that's grounded in reality but still ginned up for a movie. What separates this movie is that CQC style fighting is so prevalent when it's absent from just about any other action movie. There's something amazing about how Keanu moves, takes people down, handles every weapon and it's because he's gone through so much training and genuinely loves it.

The movie is definitely self-aware but that doesn't stop the trope that everyone around them is in this "underground" league of assassins from being a little stupid, but suspended disbelief has to play a role in this movie that kind of creates it's own world. The music isn't try-hard grunge rock like the first. It has more of an electronic vibe that matches the blue/purple/pink neo 80s a e s t h e t i c behind nice striking environments. There's some genuinely funny moments too and it doesn't try to shove unwanted humor down your face. The humor it does have derives from the absurdity of situations, not from some throwaway line out of a characters mouth.

Overall, the action is what this movie is about. It's very bloody and chaotic, sometimes repetitive but doesn't really get old. It maintains being interesting throughout it's long runtime and by the end of it, I just kind of want to see what they do for the third.

Holy shit, this.

You guys all act like every movie has to a genre-busting, 3 hour magnum opus filled to the brim with Jesus symbolism and Illuminati references.

it's pretty alright if you're a normie dudebro

it's a passable movie, hyped to no end.

It's really good for an action movie. The club sequence is gr8.

Have anyone saw the movie "The Package" with Steve Austin from the same Guy who wrote both John Wick Movies? Austins Character also is called "Wick" with his last Name and it has also a weird Gangster underworld, is it playing in the same Universe?

>tactical

just finished watching it for the first time. it was pretty good. any word on the sequel? It didn't really feel like it needed one so I'm concerned it's just another hollywood cash in

It has the same love in it. You'll enjoy it.