I never understood this scene

I never understood this scene

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KrahCm7UIa4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Rn4jETVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the plane was only 50 foot up and flying over soft grass. there was a slight chance a man could survive such a fall.

so shooting a man in that situation was logical. Banes a dumb guy.

It was way fucking higher than 50 feet, and for the record falling out of a 50 feet plane that's at cruising speed would still kill you, even If you landed upright

>aim for the bushes

landing upright would actually guarantee your death a flat eagle fall is much safer the impact is spread and your descent is slowed citation it happened multiple times

didn't bear grylls survive falling something rediculous

Its the gift that keeps on giving

youtube.com/watch?v=KrahCm7UIa4

thats why I said "slight chance".

was having no reading comprehension part of your plan?

Arguing that he had a chance of surviving the fall is stupid.

it makes much more sense that most people would likely have at least enough decency to kill a man quickly, rather than make him suffer 30 terrifying seconds and painfully going splat.

I don't think falling from that height would be painful. I'd also enjoy the fall as my last moment of dignity kind of thing

it was the green lush lands of Scotland. he could have landed in a bog, a pond or even on a fat farmers wife. chances of survival were not bad.

It was canonically in Uzbekistan btw

No you dumb fuck. It was entirely a bluff, CIA was never going to kill anyone and you can't really give your threat any credibility when your prisoners and blindfolded and tossing someone out of a plane doesn't have any kind of discernible sound.

>tossing someone out of a plane doesn't have any kind of discernible sound.

wilhelm scream

So why did one of them have to stay in the wreckage? If CIA was bluffing, surely they needed more bodies in the wreckage?

>people fall to their deaths quietly and calmly

hello autism

Man, that movie started off so good and ended up so shit.

Doubtful. He had to yell inside of the cabin when the door was open, someone screaming outside of the plane would probably not be heard.

What movie? I don't understand that reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Rn4jETVk

For you

Suddenly Sup Forums is a bunch of fucking physicists.

a man falling from a height of 500 feet travelling at 300 mph has a 99.8% certainty of dying.

Well it was only 50 feet so 10 times less which is 9.98% only

>assuming a linear relationship
kek

Dr. Pavel im PhD

who the fuck asked you, Dr Pavel, you have PhD in defenestration or what?

You say nothing

so bane's plane flew over cia's plane and attached the hull of cia's plane to bane's plane

the wings of cia's plane then got destroyed

so bane's plane carried the entire extra weight of cia's plane?

It doesn't make sense to begin with. The CIA would have seen the larger plane on radar long before it snuck up on them.

Why not throw a body overboard after you've shot him? Who wants to be stuck on a transatlantic flight with a bunch of rotting corpses?

Nope. Unless I'm mistaken, the Embraer 110 only has at most a simple weather radar. It wouldn't be able to detect another aircraft, especially one approaching from behind. Also, I'd assume Bane's C-130 had its radio transponder shut off, so it would be hard af to detect anyway.

My question is who thought it was an actual accidental plane crash. Both wings and the tail were sheared off CIA's plane, and would be miles away from the fuselage. Both the tail and the fuselage would show explosives damage, and the fuselage was riddled with bullet holes and holes from the bolts they used. Also, the bodies inside had been shot. Plus any kind of autopsy/dental records would show that it wasn't actually Dr. Pavel. Holy fuck I could keep talking about the holes in Bane's plan for hours

Why shoot him?

>Bane knows CIA wouldn't kill anybody
>Still tells brother they expect one in the wreckage
Really makes you think.

because the other hired guns had bags on their heads and wouldn't be able to see CIA simply throwing him out. this was in his training and designed to make them scared and realise that he was in charge.

They were meant to have one prisoner on board, if it went down accidentally the prisoner would be in the wreckage

>but only ONE OF YOU
Pretty easy if you pay attention to the dialogue

What about the other 2 then? Would he throw them after interrogation?

Off Course

>People here actually believe CIA and the others could have survived the fall

The threat was "Whoever talks first gets to stay on my plane"

why wouldn't you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
what exactly would be the disadvantages?

I am just mostly puzzled by the idea that none of CIAs men noticed the breathing apparatus worn by Bane. I know he had a hood on but surely they could have noticed something was odd

>Plus any kind of autopsy/dental records would show that it wasn't actually Dr. Pavel

If I ever meet Jonathan Nolan I'm asking him straight up who told him anyone uses blood as primary corpse identification before fingerprints and teeth.

He does this shit in Westworld too.

In order for this scene to work, CIA has to make every possible decision wrong. Not one, all. It's part of why this has become meme legend.

1. BW carries unregistered passengers and does not inform his superiors immediately
2. BW thinks that hardened terrorists are going to be intimidated, much less fooled by gunfire
3. BW doesn't act like actual CIA and actually just kick the fuckers out of the plane and rip Bane's mask off without the pleasantries because Nolan can't tell the difference between CIA and FBI

The fucking DEA wouldn't be this retarded.

>twitter is familiar with Baneposting

This bothers me a lot more then it should.

how did CIA survive the fall, then?

Could CIA still be alive?