Has America ever lost a war?

Has America ever lost a war?

Other urls found in this thread:

georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/iraq/iraq_strategy_nov2005.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what is vietnam

Yes, against you in 1812.

they lost to food

they've never won any either, they just invade and occupy countries. they don't care about victory or loss, only how many natural resources they can rob.

""""'Lost"""""

Also this

Communists won. But I like you because you killed 5 million of Vietnamese subhumans.

the war for white womens wombs (1960-2017) decisive black victory

>they've never won any
>they just invade and occupy countries
Are you retarded

America lost almost every war its ever fought. Exceptions are wars against Spanish speaking countries. which the US won handily.

Also, helping to not lose World Wars.

Name one other war where they actually achieved their ultimate geopolitical goals. Note this had never stopped Americans from fervently believing war is a solution for every ill in the world.

Also they won against the pirates of Tripoli back in the day, undisputed. Also they won the American Civil War!

>Note this had never stopped Americans from fervently believing war is a solution for every ill in the world.

>says the German

War of 1812
No fuck off getting your capital burned down by tea drinkers that were simultaneously fighting Napoleon counts as a defeat

>what is the Revolutionary War
>what is the War of 1812
>what are the Barbary Wars
>what is the Civil War
>what is the Korean War
>what are both Gulf Wars
>what is the first Afghan War

>7 Years War North American theatre
Win
>US Revolution
Win
>War of 1812
Lost
>Mexican-American War
Win
>US Civil War
Win
>Spanish American War
Win
>WWI
Win
>Indian Wars
Win
>WWII
Win
>Korea
Draw
>Vietnam
Lost
>Iraq 1
Won
>Afghanistan
Who knows?
>Iraq 2
Not looking good overall

>Korean War
Okay this was a UN war, not just the US.
Best Korea is undefeated and producing nuclear weapons and launching ICBMs wherever and whenever they want.

Gulf war? Afghanistan? How do those places look now? Is that what you wanted? That's success?

Barbary wars, yeah I mentioned that.

Who wins world wars, really? WW1 the French did the heroic massacring to halt the Germans. WW2 it was the Russians.

Multinational effort and the US was a late arrival for both. If the US never intervened in the world wars, Germany would have lost, only the post war circumstances would have been worse.

The US tagged along. Like Brazil in WW2. They won WW2 by your logic.

>all of this goalposts moving

You asked what wars the US achieved their goals in. I gave you several examples. Don't switch up your argument now that it's failing you.

VIETNAM

I agree, but America was still on the winning side. They also did the bulk of the fighting in the Pacific theatre, and it was the British empire, not France, tgat did the heavy lifting in WWI.
Overall, America is underrated in WWI and overrated in WWII

One would have to try really hard to lose a civil war

Yeah we lost Vietnam for sure, but our k/d was astronomically high

>tfw Cromwell's autistic son fuffed it all up
We lost ours

Oh boy, now you'll tell me the US won the Vietnam War because it scared communism.

Oh, or the Iraq War blossomed Freedom in the middle east because it triggered the Arab Spring! Such wonderful results from many Arab Youth all crying for the same freedom you gave Iraq!

Syria, Libya and many other places are so grateful for the democracy you gave them!

Not really, lots of countries do, America almost did. In the end the United States of America beat the Confederate States of America.

>all of these strawmen
No, you exceptionally dumb ass. I'm not talking about Vietnam. That's why I never mentioned it. The Iraq War was a victory. Our goal was to remove Saddam from power, and we succeeded. How could you possibly spin that into a defeat? Ita over, Hans.

Vietnam
Afghanistan
Iraq
Canada

no it wasn't, you guys are stat padding. you are counting kills made by the south Vietnamese while simultaneously not counting their deaths in your k/d.

you fucking hack.

Here are the US government's key long term goals in Iraq:

>(a) An Iraq that has defeated the terrorists and neutral

>(b) An Iraq that is peaceful, united, stable, democratic, and secure, where Iraqis have the institutions and resources they need to govern themselves justly and provide security for their country.

14 year later and I would say that has been mostly a failure. None of the executive goals for short, mid, or long, term mentioned the Saddam regime directly.

We didn't even declare war on vietnam it wasn't official
What made us "lose" this "war" was the birth of libtards protesting

oh look guys, it's the 'it's only an exhibition match' excuse. ya fucking lost, get over it. political resolve to wage a war is just as important as waging the campaign on the ground.

oh look guys, it's the canadian who likes to meme on americans even though he wishes he was one episode

>Korean war

Literally no military historian claims that was a victory.

>America and allies deaths:
909,834 (does not include subsequent deaths from defoliants and asbestos)
Vietcong and allies deaths:

This despite America and her allies outnumbering the Viet Cong, China, and North Koreans almost 4:1

good reply, really dealt with the substance of my rebuttal to you. is this the famous American bantz I've heard so much about?

Yes but not an existential one.

We're quite good at winning wars the matter and losing wars that don't matter geopolitically.

you forgot (c) prevent a competing or otherwise hostile regional power in the middle east, similar to Britain and France's Picot-Sykes that knocked Kurdistan out of the equation

If we can't secure a loyal ally, the next best thing is to ensure that the region is rubble and can't support a hostile regional power that will threaten us. This isn't even advanced geopolitics. This is the basics

Now who is moving the goalposts?

>>(c) prevent a competing or otherwise hostile regional power in the middle east

you guys even failed at that! what the fuck is ISIS?

Not him but why would a Canadian want to be American? My entire province was founded by people who were American and then said "nope, fuck this place."

Nice try lol

>appeal to authority
Not an argument
>no sources
Not an argument

that's not samefagging retard, that's another leaf in here duh!

Nice try at what?

Lol don't be mad because you can't catch samefags, leaf
Nice try at catching samefags

>America has lost thousands of lives and spent billions, if not trillions, fighting a war for 14 years in Iraq
>needs a foriegner to provide easily searchable sources for why America is there

Grim

>American espionage

Still not an argument. Provide evidence to support the claim that these were the goals to be met.

>mfw

You lose arguments like you lose wars, often and with a lot of shitposting

>>american edumacation.

georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/iraq/iraq_strategy_nov2005.html

So in other words, you can't prove the claim?

Certainly you could give me a page number to look at rather than just dropping an entire book on me.

Revolutionary War: Won
War of 1812: Draw or win, depending on how you look at it
Indian Wars: Won
Mexican War: Won
Civil War: Won
Spanish-American War: Won
WWI: Won
WWII: Won
Korean War: Draw or win, depending on how you look at it
Vietnam War: Lost
Gulf War: Won
Afghanistan War: Won
Iraq War: Won

sorry brah, not going to coddle you like that. you asked for a source and I gave it.

>Civil War: Won
Also lost. Kek

>WWI: Won
>WWII: Won
>We won because we've joined the winning side at the very end.
Americans are scumbags.

>Afghanistan War: Won
What have you won there?

Wait, didn't you get totally waxed by the French and needed the British to bail you out back then?

>We won because we've joined the winning side at the very end

>enter the war December 1941
There was a whole lot of war still to be fought at that point, Pytor.

>American education

>War of 1812
>Korean War

How many times we need to tell this. We didn't lose the vietnam war. We just left.

WWII is the american victory. We provided the funds. You provided dead bodies.

how to get myself masculine 'murican boipucci?

Looks like we're done here, then.

>There was a whole lot of war still to be fought at that point, Pytor.
You've spent four years fighting the Japanese.

>WWII is the american victory. We provided the funds. You provided dead bodies
You didn't. You've lendleased a bunch of stuff and lost a base to a bunch of suicide bombers on Zeros.

>How many times we need to tell this. We didn't lose the vietnam war. We just left.
We didn't lose it militarily, but politically. The final NVA offensive in spring 1975 was a desperation move and a little air and naval support could have beaten them off. However, after Watergate the 1974 midterm elections saw Congress swept by hardline antiwar leftist Democrats. As soon as the new Congress convened the following January, they immediately voted to terminate all aid to South Vietnam. President Ford was against this, but they had a veto-proof majority.

more like have they ever won a war?

>You've spent four years fighting the Japanese

Yes, starting in December 1941. Wha...you think we were fighting them in 1938 or something?

>They also did the bulk of the fighting in the Pacific theatre
you are correct, but underestimating the effect of the wars in manchuria and south asia, they were just as if not more significant in japan's defeat
>it was the British empire, not France, tgat did the heavy lifting in WWI.
I couldnt say who contributed more in WW1, neither country would have won without the other

>German flag talking about winning wars
:^)

> it was the British empire, not France, tgat did the heavy lifting in WWI

You've been drinking from the anglo propaganda kool-aid again, haven't you?

The French did significantly more fighting in WW1 than the British. Whatever about them surrendering quickly in WW2, in WW1 they were lions.

>we won 1812!
>we won korea!
>we won vietnam!

French history books like to lionize the Resistance in WWII, but they're loathe to mention that most of the Resistance fighters were communists and the bulk of the population complied with the Germans extremely willingly to the point where practically every female in Paris under 35 fucked a German soldier.

Since Charles de Gaulle was a right wing Resistance leader (as opposed to a communist), he was able to create this patriotic myth of the Resistance after the war that didn't quite jibe with reality. There's a whole lot about the German occupation of France that's actually pretty embarrassing and been subjected to revisionist history.

It was fear of Russia that made the Japs surrender unconditionally, but I do give America credit for tge bulk of the battles.

I have nothing but respect for the French in WWI, but looking at battles, manpower, tech, resources, etc, it was Anglos that did the most work.

And lest we forget. :^)

"We received vast numbers of trucks, radios, shoes, and medical supplies from the Americans. Really, victory would not have been possible without [Lend-Lease]. Yet it is now made to seem as if we ourselves had all these things in abundance."

I don't see how you could argue that they lost the Korean War.

Do American keyboards lack the Ctrl and F keys?

they didn't win, either
same with 1812
>It was fear of Russia that made the Japs surrender unconditionally, but I do give America credit for tge bulk of the battles.
it was both the nukes, the firebombings and the russian invasion. Japan got fucked in every way imaginable at the end basically

Name 3 people in the thread saying that we won Vietnam

Might want to make your samefagging less obvious there.

>in the longer term
By that logic, the Axis won WW1 because the Germans eventually reared after the Treaty of Versailles. We achieved our goals while the war took place. What happens afterwards is irrelevant.

The bombs forced a surrender, the Soviets forced an unconditional surrender

Chad, Dave and Tyrone

The US "civil war" wasn't a civil war, it was a suppressed war of independence. Literally in no other case in history is such a war referred to as a "civil war", which is a war between citizens of one country to change the government or policies of that one country, not a war of secession.

If the Confederates' aim was to replace the US government, maybe, but that wasn't the case. It was a nationalist rebellion.

The atomic bombs were just designed to scare Stalin off from any potential designs he had on Japan.

Well, I would argue the main goal was to prevent a successful invasion of South Korea, which they achieved. In the interim between now and the 1953 armistice North Korea has lost all of its previous allies and become a politically isolated pariah state. It's very unlikely to last out the next few decades.

The Germans rearmed according to treaty rules which allowed for things like German naval tonnage to match a certain percentage of British tonnage so long as they provided 3 years notice. They drilled as part of a civic work corps, all legal according to the treaty after WWI

I'm having the feeling you'll just disregard any and all of the objectives declared previous to the war if they weren't met, and then claim that whatever ended up happening on Iraq turns retroactively in the new set of objectives, that you conveniently achieved already.

Moron.

>ah yes we just killed hundreds of thousands of people for slight geopolitical gain
do amercians have no soul?

it was your commander in chief that wrote it. take it up with him. he was literally the architect of the Iraq War and it was his power to set the goals and ambitions of American strategic interests.

>american education

*brrrrrappppppppp*
>photon
my eyes

Yeah, I can edit those in MS Paint too.

t.

now this is just getting pathetic dude.

>Germany
>winning world wars

>enter war
>fight for years with no gain
>entire population turns against the war
>leave the place you were defending
>it gets overrun by the enemy
>"we won"

um that's not how it works sweetie xxx

The goal of the war was to save South Korea and this was accomplished.

>no sources
Not an argument

What war was this?