Is there a point to buying movies at all? It's not like books where you can proudly display them...

Is there a point to buying movies at all? It's not like books where you can proudly display them, or own rare first editions.

I don't see the point in purchasing something digital if I can somehow get it for free, why would I want an archival copy of 1's and 0's.

Maybe if they start releasing films on...film, it'll become popular.

Vapid consumerism. Ask your Granddad about his valuable VHS collection.. lol.

Ehem (((they))) start revisionist censorship, physical media will be very valuable.

Not really. I've wasted a lot of money on dvds/blu rays in the past. I have hundreds, and I don't even like half of them any more. HUGE waste of cash.

That's why you only buy your favorite movies dipshit.

Books are really the only physical media I bother buying.

Pretty much this when I come across something like The Terminator Bluray in a bargain bin for 1 dollar why the hell not

Discs have:
- higher bitrate video
- More audio options
- extra features.
- better presentation.
- theatrical / directors cut options
- don't cost much more than digital buy, sometimes less

When you buy the disc you don't have to have a subscription to anything. You can sell it back to someone. But I don't think you should be buying discs that you aren't going to watch more than once.

Netflix's streaming library is fucking pathetic. I'd rather go to a video store that has a bunch of random shit.

Does this trigger you?

If you view DVD's on anything but a nice old CRT not really no

Not really. That guy has some nice movies in his collection though. Is it yours?

You do raise a good point, it's good to have copies that will not be edited in the future, but those can be obtained digitally too, and I don't see the rewards in owning formats that will eventually be unplayable.

Why do you still have dvd's? And why would you be proud enough to post this?

Honestly, this might sound crazy, but I sort of believe this. I've recently began buying and stockpiling cassettes and albums again.

Why do people have blind faith in things like spotify, Netflix, itunes etc.? Lots of these companies have been proven to be corrupt, and whose to say they don't eventually start abusing their control over content?

Physical media is important.

>not watching laser discs and dvd on a b&o set

>and whose to say they don't eventually start abusing their control over content?
they already are

does anyone have the non-edited version of Water World?

If you really want interesting, get the non-edited version of The Counselor.

only buy favs
also i get them autographed by the actors/actresses if they come to a con

Is there a point of watching movies or reading book at all when you can enlarge your mind and knowledge with DMT, LSD and acid

Those drugs have destroyed your brain.

This looks like IMDBs top 500. Don't you have any genres you're really into?

In about 10 years once physical copies of movies are a thing of the past and everything is done online or OnDemand, and Hollywood no longer lets you buy your own copy of the movie and instead only lets you rent them for a 24 hour period for $14.99, people are really going to regret being too cheap, and lazy to keep physical media around

I still own VHS Disney movies from 1985 that still play fine to this day.

>Why do people have blind faith in things like spotify, Netflix, itunes etc.?
>Physical media is important.

This.
I payed $30 on a digital version of a tv show on amazon.
Six months later I go to watch it and I CANT!
I get this error message instead
>Image very related.
Shit like Amazon and Netflixs lose the rights to films, and shows all the time once their contract with the studio is up.
I called them, and they said sorry we can't do anything for you other than give you your money back. I didn't want the fucking money back tho . I gave them the money because I wanted the fucking show. They only let you download it to two devices, and the content can only be viewed using a player you have to download from them. You're not allowed to port it over to a USB stick. If your computer or phone break you just lost the content. If you chose to only stream it off their site they can pull the show at anytime leaving you fucked.

Meanwhile, in physical media land I can still watch my Fucking VHS copy of a Disney film I bought over 31 fucking years ago without any type of bullshit.

I used to discover new interesting movies in the foreign section of Blockbuster and the clerk would tell me about them like he was knowledgeable about film I guess
now I just go to RT and watch based on score

I'm old, but I really think young people should start bands again, make zines, release their own records etc. Basically just get off the internet. It's an incredibly important time for them to do so.

The corporitization of culture is DANGEROUS.

Because people who make torrents don't upload the bonus features and commentaries

>mixing Criterions in with pleb trash

>lsd and acid
Jesus christ dude you're so burned out you dont even know it

>and here are my shelves full of plastic boxes

Have you not heard of TPB?

Do they upload the bonus features on pb? Didnt think so

they do on private trackers, but of course no plebs are allowed there

>extra features

ehhhhhh
this is a stretch these days. unless you're buying some special edition it's rare that blu rays have extra features anymore.

That's odd, considering only plebs want bonus features.

It's cool if you only plan on owning like 10 films at most. Because nobody rewatches more than a handful throughout their lifetime.

Otherwise there's really no reason to own physical copies.