Twin Peaks

99 DAYS

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
youtube.com/watch?v=BVgQ8yAdLbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any legit spoilers yet? Dugpa forums have stopped anyone posting spoilers

At how many days should I begin the rewatch?

Post the unshopped version

Wait until April. It's still too early.

nice

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on season 2 of Twin Peaks?

I stopped watching because I was sick of watching James stare morosely at a lake and take fucking longass roadtrips every single episode

>its a horne tries to be a civil war general episode

Cooper learns about the Black Lodge, Windom Earle reeks havoc, Ben goes insane, and Nadine gets /fit/ and engages in /ss/.

Is Twin Peaks the Evangelion of Sup Forums?

Pretty obvious, but I guess this counts.

I've started, slowly, alongside reading the book too.

Can´t wait to get lynched.

Think they'll do a recap special to try and bring in people who can't be bothered to watch the original?

Nadine has a store called "Run Silent, Run Drapes"
Shelly still works at the RR and may be having an affair with Balthazar Getty's character
Andy is still a deputy (confirmed by Goaz)
Robert Forester is probably playing Frank Truman, Harry's brother.
Bobby is a cop
At least some of the show will be set in Las Vegas
James works at the Great Northern (idr if this is confirmed)

I could see Lynch vetoing such an idea

Why the fuck would somebody watch Season 3 of a show without watching the first two.

They did it for every season of Lost. Many people just want to be part of the conversation without actually having to spend their time.

I watched S1 of Twin Peaks two years ago, and only watched the first 8 episodes of S2 (end of Laura's death arc)

Planning to rewatch everything soon, preparing myself for S3

it's happening

There was a video floating around of Mark Frost at a book signing or something and he was talking about the writing and he said something like "also you have to take into account the people who didn't watch the original show..."

My guess is that within the episodes the bare basics will get recapped naturally through dialog. Seems like we have a new protagonist who is a FBI agent sent to Twin Peaks to investigate Cooper's disappearance.
I'm sure some character will tell her about Laura Palmer getting killed by her father and the black lodge etc.

COOP

>be user
>go to imdb
>search new series
>see cast list
>see how many episodes per character
>freak out

imdb.com/title/tt4093826/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

> ( rape theme playging )

Apparently the entire first episode is just Shelley farting into the camera for 90 minutes.

Twin Peaks is the only David Lynch thing I've seen

Am I gonna like Inland Empire?

I'm pretty sure we don't know anything about how many episodes each character will be in and that list is just guesswork.

IMDB is community written, like Wikipedia. Everything but the cast list and the number of episodes is wishful thinking.

Lynch's movies are a lot different compared to Twin Peaks and he reaches the edge of insanity in some of them. Inland Empire is the most disjointed and strangest of his movies but it's also my favorite. The only Lynch movie I've seen that even seems a little bit like Twin Peaks (besides Fire Walk With Me, though even that goes away from the feel of the show) is Blue Velvet.

Inland Empire is fantastic though and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Just don't expect anything like Twin Peaks.

anyone else feel sad when they look at Kyle McLachlan? It shouldn't have ended 25 years ago, now the cast looks old and decrepit. And they can't just continue from where they left off unless they have younger clones

no, you are clearly not prepared

Inland Empire is always the last thing you watch by him. It works out better that way.

did you guys like Inland Empire? Apparently it's his worst film or whatever

Actually watched it for the first time tonight lads.

Didn't really enjoy most of it, really enjoyed certain elements, scenes, characters and ideas, but overall I just couldn't get behind the whole improvisational nature of the production.
Didn't feel as cohesive as Lynch's other works, just felt a bit slapped together.

And as for being shot on digital rather than film, I thought the film LOOKEd like shit. Doesn't have any of the rich, gorgeous qualities films like Eraserhead, Fire Walk With Me or Blue Velvet had.

see
It's my favorite of his movies. It is his most incomprehensible movie but it's not impossible to understand even if it was mostly making things up as he went along.

The other user is right though in that the movie looks kind of garbage because it was shot on a shitty digital camera. So the highest resolution you're going to get is like 480i.

>tfw watch mundane shit like Taxi Driver but fall asleep watching Mulhollan Drive

I lost my shit when the rabbits showed up in the movie.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Episode 1:

>Cooper awakens in the real world
>apparently 25 years have passed
>older townspeople dead
>Cooper slowly realizes he killed them and used his FBI for shit
>A young new FBI agent is introduced
>he'll be the new protag when Cooper dies

>he
New FBI agent is a woman. I hope she's played by Naomi Watts but I'd also accept Laura Dern.

I know Laura is in this but I don't know her role exactly. Even if she were an unknown I'd trust Lynch. He has amazing taste in babes

Here's the new cast

Alon Aboutboul[19]
Jane Adams[19]
Chrysta Bell[19]
Monica Bellucci[19]
Jim Belushi[30]
Ronnie Gene Blevins[19]
John Billingsley[19]
Michael Bisping[19]
Brent Briscoe[19]
Wes Brown[19]
Gia Carides[19]
Vincent Castellanos[19]
Michael Cera[19]
Richard Chamberlain[19]
Bailey Chase[31]
Candy Clark[32]
Scott Coffey[19]
Frank Collison[19]
Grace Victoria Cox[19]
David Dastmalchian[33]
Jeremy Davies[19]
Ana de la Reguera[34]
Laura Dern[28]
Neil Dickson[19]
Hugh Dillon[34]
Cullen Douglas[19]
Francesca Eastwood[19]
Eric Edelstein[19]
Josh Fadem[19]
Jay R. Ferguson[19]
Sky Ferreira[19]
Robin Finck[19]
Patrick Fischler[33]
Robert Forster[8]
Meg Foster[19]
Pierce Gagnon[19]
Brett Gelman[19]
Balthazar Getty[35]
Grant Goodeve[28]
Hank Harris[19]
Ernie Hudson[19]
Caleb Landry Jones[28]
Ashley Judd[29]
Jesse Johnson[19]
Robert Knepper[36]
David Koechner[19]
Jay Larson[19]
Nicole LaLiberte[19]
Jennifer Jason Leigh[37]
Jane Levy[19]
Matthew Lillard[19]
Bérénice Marlohe[19]
Josh McDermitt[19]
Derek Mears[19]
James Morrison[19]
Christopher Murray[19]
Don Murray[19]
Sara Paxton[19]
Max Perlich[19]
Ruth Radelet[38]
Trent Reznor[19]
Ben Rosenfield[19]
Tim Roth[19]
Rodney Rowland[19]
Elena Satine[19]
John Savage[19]
Amanda Seyfried[39]
Tom Sizemore[14]
Bob Stephenson[19]
Jessica Szohr[40]
Ethan Suplee[19]
Lauren Tewes[19]
Jodi Thelen[19]
Sharon Van Etten[19]
Eddie Vedder[19]
Naomi Watts[14]
Karolina Wydra[19]
Charlyne Yi[19]
Madeline Zima[19]

Dern is a great actress and she'll be great as whoever she plays. From reading the notations in the book though I think Watts is a better fit for the character. Who voiced her in the audio book? It wasn't either of the other two but maybe they couldn't get whoever was playing her to voice it at the time.

Audrey isn't hot anymore is she

it is a film for filmakers

No. Watch Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway first.

You can say she's "smokin"

Cooper and Laura visit Laura's house at some point, although unknown if it's a dream or not.

It's continuing 25 years from where they left off. Also, McLachlan looks good for his age, still got that lustrous hair. Most of the original cast still looks good too, Shelly is full milf now.

Amy Shiels plays the FBI agent in the Secret History of Twin Peaks audiobook. Maybe she's the main agent's Albert though.

oooooh I did not fucking realize candy clark was gonna be in this and I have seen this pic at least a dozen times now

I doubt Preston is going to be anyone other than the main character, though I guess it's possible.

Also Shiels isn't listed in the list of new actors here

Ed still has his gas station, also
Don't post Cuck Heidecker pics please

I have tried twice and I still haven't finished the original series, all the non-lynch episodes and over the top soap shit is pretty hard to bare but then after the reveal episode I struggle too much and never finish it.

I'm worried that Mark Frost is going to cram loads of anti-Drumpf political shit into this show Sup Forums.

Pretty much all he tweets about is how much of a fascist danger Drumpf is.

>Am I gonna like Inland Empire?

No. Not even diehard Lynch fans enjoy Inland Empire fully. It's a sprawling experimental mess.

She's on the main list. Maybe she isn't being counted there because she was in the audiobook. Also I hope the main character isn't T. P. because that would be so fucking cheesy.

It was written and filmed long before the election.

It's unwatchable shit for 99.9% of people. I love Lynch and have seen Inland Empire twice and it tried my patience so bad. There's almost a good movie in there, somewhere.

An atomic explosion and the Philosopher's Stone.

This is all I am permitted to say.

The problem with inland empire is it isn't a movie, lynch bought a digital camera and filmed anything and everything he could think of or dreamed of then tried to edit some sort of movie out of hours of random footage.

It's literally him fucking around with equipment. There is no special meaning or value hidden in there and it's pointless to look.

Everything was filmed like the middle of last year.

>tfw I've watched it like 6 times and keep going back to it
I'm sure I'll get sick of it soon though.

thats a big cast

what do the numbers mean?

UuuU

>Alon Aboutboul

He didn't get to bring friends.

thank god for that

I liked everything Lynch made so far except Mulholland Drive.

Actually I wouldn't even say I didn't like Mulholland Drive, it just didn't suit my pallet that well.

Mulholland Drive is a good movie but I feel like it loses something after the first watch that I don't think affects any other Lynch movie. I've watched it a few times and it's just never as good as the first time you watch it.

This what we've all waited 26 years to see, admit it

>all these fuckers shit talking Mulholland Dr ITT

Not only is it the best thing Lynch ever did, it's one of the greatest films of all time. No exaggeration.
Fucking Ree

They re released Blue Velvet in the cinema recently, it definitively deserves to be in that screen, absolutely mind blowing movie.

the guy on the far right stares directly into the camera during that scene and it bothers me every time I watch it

>both of them were made in the early 90s
>both have 20-something episodes
>both were created and directed by eccentric directors whose work has been deemed as bizarre and unconventional
>both were scored by well-known composers who have closely collaborated with the directors in multiple occassions
>both are deconstructions of well-defined, stale genres
>both drew inspiration from religion and the occult
>both have a rich metaphysical mythology
>both have well-developed characters
>both oscillate between humor or quirkiness and horror or despair
>both have plenty of surreal scenes
>both have endings that disappointed a large part of the audience when they were aired
>both were soon followed by a gritty film, almost completely devoid of the show's lightheartedness, which featured graphic nudity, sex and violence
>both are being revived right now
>both of these revivals involve a long time skip

Yes

the final episode of twin peaks in pretty much universally loved. People just wish it wasn't the final episode.

I liked it until it was the same ending as Lost Highway. Wish it did end up going to series, it could have been better than Twin Peaks.

>pretty much universally loved
Not when it was aired.

because no one was even watching anymore

I just rewatched recently. That moment when Bob taunting everyone that Leland will remember every horrible moment before he dies. I cried too much. Ray Wise was amazing.

what if the new show is bad

more than likely.... but less likely than it could be.

Lynch and Frost worked on the script for several years, and Showtime gave them full control over the project.
The odds of it turning out to be bad are pretty fucking low.

Lynch hasn't made a film in over a decade, and his last one Inland Empire definitely wasn't one of his best. He's over 70 years old now, very very few directors or artists in general continue to put out good work when they get that old.

seeing as 99.99% of tv/film/music/art is shit these days yeah ofc

Is lynch still /our guy/?

>everything today is shit, it was all so much better back in *years when I was a teenager*

also the original actors don't look right now and it's been shot digitally. I give it 3/1 odds on being mediocre at best.

great argument thanks

who hyped for this

youtube.com/watch?v=BVgQ8yAdLbI

he never was, but lots of us love the dude anyway

fuck no he's a libcuck

>shot digitally
who fucking cares seriously

>who fucking cares seriously
your eyes

The original series had some weird stuff to do with the film anyway. There were several parts where you can tell it's just a still image rather than actually being filmed because the film grain wasn't moving at all. It was distracting as hell when it happened. I think this happened in a few of his movies too.

>0:26
>shaky hand thing even then

gotta be worth a watch just for the lynchisms

put a film grain filter on it if you want it so badly autist

I can't decide when to start rewatching the first two seasons.

It has nothing to do with that. It was shot on a piece of shit camera that was ten years old at the time. Makes the whole thing look like a home movie.

I thought we were talking about the new season of Twin Peaks, which will be shot digitally, but will be shot on much better cameras than Inland Empire. I'm sure it'll be shot at 4k or 8k. So the quality difference between it and 35mm film will be pretty small and it helps keep costs down so it can actually get made.

>it'll be shot at 4k or 8k.

its 2k and is gonna look like shit.
christ, i dont get lynch. this needs to be done right for its legacy.