Canada to send troops to Latvia for new NATO brigade

cbc.ca/news/politics/nato-canadian-troops-baltics-1.3659814

Kek, our Maple Patrol will be right on Putin's back door.

Russia going to get BTFO by our combat canoe regiments.

kek I really want a war Russia vs Nato

Fuck off, maplechuggers, we don't want you here.

Devil triples of truth. At least Estonia gets Yankees.

then russia liberate you like ukrania

Sorry cinnamon toothpaste, I can't control what the bro-tier Sikh defense minister does.

Your country is first, roach.

>Sikhs are bros meme
Pathetic.

You mean Putin is finallly gonna get to eat some poutine (made from real Canadians).

WHY can we get big strong manly-alpha USA troops who care about us? instead we get sissy moose lovers

The only posters saying Sikhs are bro tier are Sikhs themselves..

This is true. All Indians smell like an arm pit in a curry shop.

>Canada might send a Battle Group
I would be surprised if they sent a BG over. The Libs are notorious for cutting military funding and use whenever it can.

>t.Russian living in Latvia bitching about NATO and EU but unwilling to fuck off to Russia because it is a piece of shit compared to Latvia

That's a tad bit gay. I'd avoid you, too.

Have you seen the liberal budget for 2016 yet?

>Canada's military spending is 1% of its GDP
>Canada's GDP is 1.827 Trillion
>Military spending is 18.2 Billion
>Proposed Budget cut for 2017-2018 is 1.319 Billion

Literally cutting a 14th off the budget in a single fell swoop. Never mind the 90 million cut the year before.

But somehow we have the money to blow 300 million on:
>expand intake of Syrian refugees
>reduce application time of Syrian refugees
>admit more Syrian refugees as permanent residents

Man, we NEEDED those praying rugs

Fucking hell Canada...
NATO SPENDING IS SUPPOSED TO BE 2% DAMMIT.

The government won't need us to defend the country because the cunts are already in our borders :^)

B-but didn't The Weed King said that if you defeat your enemies they will win?

So, if the push comes to shove Canacucks will probably fight against us...

>t. projecting Jamal

like we needed those fucking F-35s? future of air combat isn't going to be some topgun maverick bullshit

it's drones all the way. fuck out of here

Yes, yes you want only us, only us.

Fix your country first, Vanjka.

Why don't you want to fuck off to Russia and let Putin jerk you off with one hand and pickpocket you with the other? Why keep sucking off the EU/NATO for welfare and then hating them after you're finished?

This.

We have some of the top robotics experts in the world. Surely we could develop some drones instead of buying overpriced flying penises.

Actually, we need replacement jets. F-35, maybe not but we do need new ones. Lots of people really don't understand the stealth fighter thing. Most of ours are old as shit, and to put that into perspective - here's an explanation of how it affects troop transports:

Civilian models (by that I mean used for fire fighting) of the G222 run up to about 5.3k cost per hour of maintenance between flights and its not uncommon for a plane to require around 10 maintenance hours per flight hour. So in the case of a civilian model - it wouldn't be uncommon to spend 53k per flight. G222s are primarily troop transport, and frequently fly multiple hours at a time. Most military models have already been upgraded by Chrysler Aerospace with regards to their avionics - so their cost per hour, ignoring the military designation (as we all know that means a bunch of other shit tacked on) is significantly higher than the civilian model. I would not be surprised if these models were reaching the 10k area - meaning that every 1 hour flight would cost around 100k (and its not uncommon for these types of planes to log say 400 flight hours).

By comparison, an F-22 costs 70k per hour of flight time once you factor in the 10ish hours it takes to work on the thing. Most stealth fighters are around the same cost in that regard. We were upgrading from the CF-18 (designed in 1977, introduced into the military in 1983, and used in both 1991/1999) to the F-35 Lightning II (designed in 2006, introduced into the American military in 2010 iirc). Now before you even consider if the F-35 Lightning II is as effective as the CF-18, consider how much cannabalization/maintenance would have had to have been done on previous CF-18s to keep them usable.

Quite frankly, we need new jets. Scrapping the idea of buying F-35s is fine, but it doesn`t remove our needs.

>F18s literally falling out of the skies and killing everyone
>WE DONT NEED REPLACEMENTS, MUH TWIN ENGINE RELIABILITY

brb ISIS

First we gather all clay, that fix

This is why I love Sup Forums. When something happens around the world, their citizens tell you how it really is. top kek

Hey the f35 is slower than the sr-71, carries less ordinance than the b52 and has a lower operational ceiling than the international space station. Fucking garbage. It also has a larger turning radius than a unicycle

>citizen
He's probably a Russian nigger who always complains about NATO/EU but never wants to fuck off to Russia because it is shit.

The feeling is mutual, satan-poster.

Seems like a waste of time, but I'd like the opportunity to deploy there. It would probably be fun.

If you're an alcoholic with an interest for Soviet architecture, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

The devil has spoken.

Calm your black tiny balls, Tyrone, I am Latvian citizen that will die for my country, and you should vote for Trump.

I will be voting Trump, that isn't an issue lol, it's just ridiculous to see Russian in a foreign country complain about it but are unwilling to fuck off because they like it better in said country.

Unless you are actually a Latvian and are so cucked you'd rather become Russia's plaything like back in the USSR.

How many wives can I buy in Latvia with 20 bucks?

Make sure you have some firefighters ready.

>Canada does nothing

Shit country lmao cucks

>Canada commits to assiting their allies

Shit country lmao we don't want you cucks

Can't win anywhere I guess. I was really expecting Trou d'Eau to be a pacifist piece of shit and skirt away from our obligations to NATO, but I never expected people to be hostile towards a military commitment.

What part of Latvian citizen you don't understand, Pedro?
And USA is the enemy, always was, always will be. Everyone from the Americas have no place in Europe.

Haha you must be a Russian loving in Latvia lol. Otherwise there's no way someone is as cucked as you lol.

*living