Can someone explain to me how Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are different from each other?

Can someone explain to me how Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are different from each other?

I'm not talking about the mythology, which seems to me like a pick-and-choose whatever you like sort of deal.

They seem the same to me.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty much based on where you're born and what your parents taught you.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.johnwiley.com.au/product_data/excerpt/47/04706745/0470674547-196.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they are about as different as Coca Cola is different from Pepsi.

One is about jews from 4000 years ago
One is about a Jew from 2000 years ago, his sacrifice for humanity, and his followers thereafter on their quest to spread the life lessons and pathway to eternal life
One is about an illiterate goat fucking fish merchant Arab warlord pedophile plagiarizing the old and new testament and Talmud

Pretty much the same you're right

Christianity is polytheism (father, son, holy ghost)

Islam is about dying and killing for Allah.

Christianity and Messianic Judaism is about realising Jesus already died for you.

>One is about a Jew from 2000 years ago, his sacrifice for humanity, and his followers thereafter on their quest to spread the life lessons and pathway to eternal life

What was the sacrifice for humanity?
Wasn't Jesus just killed because he spoke against the Roman government?

I don't really see Jesus as dying for anyone except for his own ego driven movement.

>One is about an illiterate goat fucking fish merchant Arab warlord pedophile plagiarizing the old and new testament and Talmud

How do you plagiarize something if you're illiterate?
The Qu'Ran is as much plagiarism from the New Testament as the New Testament is from the old.

If anything, the New Testament is plagiarized from Eastern Religions.

>Christianity and Messianic Judaism is about realising Jesus already died for you.

How are the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, etc. compatible with that statement?

It seems like all the Abrahamic religions encourage killing in their name.

Difference is the number of books they have.

The oldest is the most subversive and evil one, pretending to be good
The middle one adapts to its respective civilizations and the times, but draws limits on what is morally acceptable
The youngest is their retarded and angry little brother who wants everyone to be as miserable as him

I sense that is quite true. From what I've gathered, Christianity re-messaged Judaism in a way that was more compatible with the enormous amount of polytheistic sects who were used to a number of Gods.

There's a lot of evidence that supports this, particularly in the appropriation of Pagan celebratory events and adapting them under a Christian narrative.

For Example:

Winter solstice -> Christmas
Planting And Fertility Festivals -> Easter

Not really.

Both Judaism and Christianity originated in the first century ad. The idea that the old testament is historical is nonsense. It was mostly composed between 500 and 200bc, and was about one city-state conquering the other city-states, justified by the claim that their city-state's god was the "real" god, from the local pantheon.

What eventually became Judaism was a polytheistic religion until at-least 500bc, and wasn't really a monotheistic religion at all until no-earlier than 300bc. Judaism crops up around 70ad, and Christianity around 90ad.

Really interesting!

Do you have any sources I can read?

Great insight user! As a member of the Sup Forums community and a frequent Sup Forums user I wanted to thank you for posting a new and original point of view on the Semitic religions! Keep it up with the critical thinking!

P.S. You are going to get a lot of flak from vastly intellectually deficient religious zealots who have never even read a Dawkins book(Haha...I know, I didn't believe it at first either) so try to take it easy on them when debating. If only everyone was an enlightened as yourself and I.

religion is a private thing, if you feel like you need to discuss it with others you are part of the problem, fuck off.

It's just one God with multiple personality disorder.

All that saint worship in Catholicism is pagan as fuck though.

relax

How is religion a private matter? It's a flag a number of groups and individuals wave very publicly.

fuck off.

Uh, I just moved and most of my books are in a garage, but the New Oxford Annotated Bible is actually a pretty good start, and it's well-referenced.

Flipping through quickly, it dates the earliest works of what would become judaism to 650bc, the earliest forms of the religious institution to 350bc, and the determination of canon to "the time of the Christians." Prolly gives a better date in here somewhere. But it has pretty wonderful appendices, and the translation it offers does about half a page of notes to every page of text, to put various possible translations into context. It's a good starting point.

They all have an imaginary sky friend that they kill non believers for.

Judaism : Lie to the Muslims and Christians
Christianity : Forgive the Jews and Muslims
Islam : Kill the Jews and Christians

Trinity is presentations of the same God, basically.

Catholics are heretics. """Veneration""" of the saints is literally worshiping another God. They try to hardwave it in the catechism but it's bullshit

>Crusades, Spanish Inquisition killed a lot of muslims

Seems good and moral to me

jews use good goy christians to fight muslims

Why does the muslim symbol look like a nutsac?

People think shitposting is killing any sort of intelligent conversation on Sup Forums but it is honestly this type of post that does it.

Come up with something substantive and well thought out before you post a thread about religion that has not been talked about for the millionth time. Please do not expect to learn anything new or create meaningful by posting vapid rhetorical question with no true insight that you can call your own.

I know that Philosophy of Religion 101 course is exciting to talk about on the internet with your fellow mouth breathers but do not pretend like you contribute anymore than Cletus who never graduated high school to the existential question of religion(s).

Go read some Plantinga, Nagel or Dostoevsky. Nothing is going to be gained here circle jerking with a bunch of basement dwellers.

Islam is actually the most modern one, as it actually is self deterministic and not simply club only Jews and the all encompassing Christians. Islam is the most enlightened even though it is propagated by the worst and compensatingly-masculine people.

don't get so mad mate

I'll need to grab that one.

I'm sure your petulant and self-aggrandizing post is doing wonders for "intelligent conversation on Sup Forums".

How about you step back a bit and instead of propping yourself up with an array of insults and name drops realize you're trying to act tough on an image board made for fans of japanese cartoons.

do you honestly have difficulty in seeing the differences between those religions you mentioned?

There are obvious differences but they fundamentally seem the same.

Most of the differences I recognize are more a function of the cultures that propagated them than the intentions of the religion itself.

people convert and leave religion all the time. The places where people are born in don't automatically take a way their ability to think for themselves.

>Wasn't Jesus just killed because he spoke against the Roman government?

show me anything that this Jesus guy was a real living person

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

>by their fruits you will know them

Which religion speaks to your heart? Which one bears the strongest fruit?

God picked the jews to show the rest of the world that following god would bring success

The jews began to alter their religion due to pride, greed and arrogance

So then god sent jesus to reform the jews. They did not believe the miracles of the past prophets, and so jesus performed miracles. The jews equated wealth with worthiness, and thus god made jesus poor. He was born with no father, yet his mother was a holy women. God sent jesus to test the jews, and they failed by trying to kill him.
And then christianity spread even faster, so the jews decided to change it, with Paul they made christianity a polytheist religion, they alter it to become an opiate for the people, and would do anything to keep it that way.

And so then god sent muhammad, a person from their cousin tribe, to punish the jews. He was a illerterate yet he became literate, because the jews deemed the literate as the most worthy. He was honest when he did buisness, while the jews had not been. He was fair to the orphan child, while the jews would rob them. And so god granted the arabs the jews lands, and god gave them power, and wealth and he warned them that if they were to disobey him like the jews, he would remove the title of chosen people just as quick

And thats why thr muslim worlds a shithole

well, if you trust the current day historians, most of them believe Jesus existed. They get sources from the bible, Josephus, Lucian, Pliny, and other roman historians during that time.

Jews and Muslims both believe in one, singular, whole god, while Christians believe in a triune god, being both three persons, yet at the same time, one god. The three persons are Jesus, God the father, and the Holy Spirit, while at the same time, being one god. Three persons, one being. Another difference is that both Jews and Christians share some of the same canon, while Muslims, although they claim to believe in the Old and New Testaments, believe they have been over the centuries, and that the Qur'an is a correction to any purported errors in earlier texts. A general rule of thumb is that if a contradiction exists between the OT/NT and the Qur'an (of which some exist), a Muslim will always claim that the Qur'an is correcting any previous errors (like the Qur'an's bizarre account of the birth of Jesus, and how Jesus spoke as an infant, etc).

Give me your reading list breh

The vast vast minority.

Most scholars agree on the historicity of Jesus.

But even if Jesus was a fabricated idol, the existence of Jesus the person is kind of irrelevant within a mindset dependent on faith.

Nobody denies Jesus was a person ye fucktard, that's just an opinion picked up by edgy middle schoolers. Next you'll be saying Mohammed and Siddhārtha Gautama didnt exist.

explain then why Christianity is growing in Africa and decreasing in europe

>The vast vast minority
(citation needed)

kill the head Semite and the rest of the Semitic shits will fall
either from protecting their Abrahamic brethren or squabbling over who is the biggest kike

Christian adherence rate is growing at 1.3%.

If you subtract a population growth rate of 1.1%, assuming children share their parent's religion (which I admit isn't a totally fair assumption), then christianity is converting at a 0.2% rate, which is indeed a vast vast minority.

media.johnwiley.com.au/product_data/excerpt/47/04706745/0470674547-196.pdf

hey reddit

>God picked the jews to show the rest of the world that following god would bring success
There is no source for the Jewish tribal god making that contract other than the beneficiaries themselves. Like how would it go down with the tribe members if whatever they call Him had said, "those guys over there are the chosen ones. They'd have strung Moses up for saying such a thing.

you are misunderstanding me. Christianity started from the middle east. Then it went to the West, and now it's migrating to asia and africa. Clearly there is more at play here than just population growth.

There is. It's spreading to areas that aren't already predominantly Christian. The basic properties of diffusion.

>Jesus already died for you

it's doubtful that Jesus actually even existed and Mohammed likely never existed either, but after the arabs conquered Jerusalem, they rebranded both the major religions but decided they needed to put an Arab face on it, thus Mohammed was invented.

but if you were to believe that people generally can't think for themselves which you do, why would those areas which are not predominantly christian adopt it in the first place?

see

Hm? They're being proselytized to by a number of a Christian institutions.

They're all the same.

>Islam leads to the scientific method.
Stop posting this garbage, faggot.

that contradicts with what yous said about vast vast minority

>implying a few islams weren't some of the best inventors and mathematicians in their time.

And if you read, it says an influence, not an adaption of Islam.

this is bullshit.

2 dont believe in Christ

See 0.2/1.3 -> 15% of new Christians are from conversion.

That's a rough estimate though.

you have a wonderful background of history, truly the best of today

your also not considering that people leave their religions too. And why would people change their religions that they have been born into when they can't think for themselves?

>you have a wonderful background of history

well I am an anonymous poster on a mongolian basket-weaving imageboard so make of it what you will

your absolutely right Jesus didn't exist. Plato, Aristotle, Napoleon and George Washington were all made up by the jews. None of the historical texts found before 1900s are accurate and are mostly fiction.

t.

I do like that Quantum Mechanics is on there.

>Islam: Pride
>Christianity: Sin
>Judaism: Exile