So, what exactly did she do wrong?

So, what exactly did she do wrong?

She acted professionally, are film critics really such hippies as to rank her as one of the best "villains" in cinematic history?

>So, what exactly did she do wrong?
well in the book she had giant irresistible knockers and in the movie she didnt

so fuck her

threatening a patient in a highly charged emotional situation was the incorrect thing to do

>has /ourguy/ lobotomized for making the most of his mandatory therapy time

Literal Nazi abusing her power over the patients.

Fantastic movie though. One of the best I've ever seen.

>Murph
>a violent Irish paedo
>our guy

If anything, Ratched is /ourguy/ for having him lobotomized.

it doesnt matter if she did anything wrong, thats not what defines a villain, she was stern, intimidating and unlikeable and she was in direct opposition of the hero and ultimately caused his death

This seems like a question framed by a woman.

It was clear she knew fully well how mother's boy would react, she basically killed him.

She also left a known suicidal patient alone in a room, she would have been held responsible for what happened on her ward.

She fucked Gul Dukat.

You motherfucker I was going to post that.

in the movie she was not even half the bitch she was in the book

She pushed a patient to suicide because he challenged her authority.

just like Sup Forums raiders pushed that tumblr girl to suicide for using a different website than them... really makes ya think

Is she, dare I say it, literally /ourgirl/?

This is one of the few cases where I feel the book is excellent but the film is even better - it's far more common for good books to be made into crap films or crap books made into good films.

>by being stern with Dourif after he disregarded EVERY FUCKING RULE OF THE WARD she knew he would kill himself

Yeah, nah, you're as paranoid as Chief Bromden, mate.

Is he really a pedo?

Don't remember that in the film

He fucked a 12 year old.

He pleaded insanity to the charge of statutory rape right before the events of the book/movie, it's what kicks off the story.

It's an unpopular opinion but I agree. The film is far more subtle, you would never hear anybody arguing over whether the Big Nurse from the book was a truly terrible villain or not.

It's a while since I've seen it and even longer since I read the book but I thought I could recall the phrase "she was 15 going on 35 doc".

She told billy babbits mom about his titties and pills party , knowing she d freak and billy killed himself

Not very professional desu

(OP)

"You should be out bangin' beaver!"

Not in here surfing on a Saturday night.

>She acted professionally,
They actually show this movie in nursing school as an example of what not to do.

whassup, /r/the_donald

She released the pah Wraiths from the Bajoran fire caves

desu, she was asking for it

>tfw

>12
Quit pulling shit out your ass, cunt.

>This seems like a question framed by a woman.
That's how women are, they're better rules lawyers than Jews.

Being a character in a book written by a anti-authority hippy idiot that spent his time "investigating" the asylum out of his mind on LSD

So she didn't actually did anything wrong?

She's not a good "villain", any list that calls her a "villain" doesn't understand the connotations of that word and/or her character. Ratched is an amazing antagonist.

There's a difference between being stern and threatening your patient with the one trigger that you know will fuck him up in order to make him compliant.

What happened to your queer party friends?

No she didn't do anything wrong, technically. What she did was rape the shit out of the moral and ethical principles of her profession to satisfy her obsession with power and control.

Says the pot smoking hippy.

Get a job, you bum.

>So, what exactly did she do wrong?

Lie about the sub-space logs where she ordered to have Kai Opaca excommunicated.

Collaborate with the Bajoran provisional government to block Vedek Bareil from becoming the next Kai.

Planned a hit to blow up a Federation children's school to get them off of DS9.

A sick, sick twisted woman.