>Literally every episode this season has had Alec Baldwin as Donald Trump

Aren't they milking it way too much?
During the Bush years they at least distanced his parodies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

every episode for the next 8 years

baldwin will become permanent host

Trump was the saving grace for late night shows. Ratings across the board was tanking because of cord cutters. Now its DUDE DONALD TRUMP LMAO.

Haven't you learned by now that they will make the same Donald Trump jokes every damn show until he is out of office?

They'll stop when Trump stops giving them easy material to make fun of.

honest question: does anything actually think snl is funny?

i've literally never laughed at anything from snl. madtv was a lot funnier and less pretentious about actually being funny

Yes. Last week was pretty funny

So is Alec a featured player at this point?

It might work now but it feels like a one trick pony considering people will eventually get tired of talking about him

SNL really doesnt have anything this good.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

The nightly news has become the greatest reality show of all time. Every night you can turn over to a new episode of Scott Pelley's "What the fuck is Trump up to now?"

> people will eventually get tired of talking about him

That's why they're making fun of him now instead of a year from now when no one cares.

Yes, SNL is pretty funny from time to time. I think the most likely explanation for your lack of reaction is you are dead inside.

this is the holy grail of skits

Dr*mpf is much more of a lolcow than W. ever could be. EVERYONE outside of Sup Forums and /r/the_donald sees him as nothing as more than a joke. When he runs this country into the ground us liberals will be be laughing our asses off and our sides will only get further destroyed when whoever followed him up in 2020 going to completely overturns his "legacy"

Its only been 3 weeks since his inauguration and it already feels like they've overdone it
After the shitshow that was the 2016 election, Americans are exhausted about politics

So, never?

>Aren't they milking it way too much?

Fuck off. If I have to spend the next 4 years with that cancer as president, then I will spend them watching every late night host and snl mocking the shit out of him.

And we all know Mr. President is watching, since he doesn't fucking read books.

Let em burn themselves out early.
When and if he does something worthy of outrage everyone will be burned out.

Pace yourselves fuckers you have 8 more years to go.

Look around the country.
Do you feel like your winning?
By all means keep using the strategy that got you here as it has worked out well...for Republicans that is.

How were ratings tanking because of cord cutters

>they made fun of something i like
>i know what to do
>"snl was never funny"

Seems like the Trumplerinas are having a harder time living in the Future-they-chose than the Libs are.

Fucking this. MadTV was VASTLY superior to snl.

This. CNNs 20 person panels are just about as entertaining as watching a war happen live in 2003

>god-emperor
>only serving 2 terms

>And we all know Mr. President is watching, since he doesn't fucking read books

You can tell what he's watching based on his tweets. Sometimes he tweets about stuff they're talking about on Morning Joe or the O'Reilly factor

>He still thinks its only four years

nigger you were like 7 when that aired sit down

Lol please tell me I'm not the only one that just watched Trump completely ignore the NK missile launch question

Snl has its moments just like mad tv.
Madtv is different in its format though. The writing process is most likely longer, and skits were shot until they got it good enough, then edited together. Snl is live with one longer run through before with a different audience to figure out witch skits work and which need to be cut. There have been good skits that got cut just because the audience sucked

Also, I enjoy the first few seasons of In Living Color way more than madtv.

Damn there are enough people on Sup Forums and rdonald to vote him into the highest office in the country? Maybe we're more powerful than libs think :^)

they'll stop once Trump stops losing his shit on twitter over SNL every week.

>If I have to spend the next 4 years with that cancer as president, then I will spend them watching every late night host and snl mocking the shit out of him

That's fucking pathetic.

Why would you just admit something like that?

is anyone streaming for tonight's episode?

blabseal usually does

I feel like america, and maybe the west, needs a week of chill. Both the left and right get off politics for week, and the president or any other branch doesn't sign anything new and we just have week without the political divide and understand how nice it was before all of this shit.

Seriously, is this how it's going to be forever now?

i get a laugh out of trump every now and then and i voted for him. snl shits are dumpster tier hell /ptg/ generals make better material out of trump than snl

thanks pham

They aren't milking Trump, but they're barely putting any effort in

SNLs downfall has always been that they think doing a good impression is enough. McCarthy as Spicer was good, but the actual content wasn't very funny. They make it tough by only giving themselves a week to write, but they don't seem to put in much effort

>Do you feel like your winning?
Your condescension is hilarious considering you don't even know the difference between your and you're.

Trump's going down.

They're on a ratings high, so as long as Trump keeps delivering material so early on into his presidency, then expect Alec every Saturday night.

>"Why are they making topical jokes about current events?"

You're going to need to watch a little longer then that friend.

they could at least try to be funny about it

>Seriously, is this how it's going to be forever now?
Yes
Even if a Trump presidency results in lower crime, higher wages, and less unemployment Hollywood has to hate him. Trump could bring world peace and the average celebrity/media personality would oppose it simply because Drumpf

SHOW SHOW SHOW HERE WE GO

If you can't write then you might as well pander.

>baldwin isnt smart enough to make his own show where he impersonates Trump and others

cmon Alec!

D R O P P E D

Whether or not you find their jokes funny is a matter of opinion. What isn't is whether or not they're attempting comedy. Fact is, they are trying to tell jokes and they are trying to make people laugh and they are trying to be funny about it. Again, you might not find their jokes funny, but they are making jokes (and some people do find those jokes funny).

So I don't see the issue here. They're making jokes about Trump because Trump is the most talked about topic. I would see the issue if people weren't talking about Trump any more, but that's not the case, people haven't shut up about him yet. I would see the issue if they said "hey we're not going to do jokes tonight we're going to do a serious discussion about Trump" but they're not doing that, they're still doing comedy.

So I can only come to the conclusion that the problem you and some others have is that they're making fun of someone you like. As someone who voted for Trump, as someone who still supports our president, I'm going to put it to you bluntly: grow thicker skin and grow up, you fucking crybaby. If they want to make fun of Trump, let them. Who gives a fuck? It's just jokes.

Rekinder: SNL is not a business of any kind. (((Ratings))) are not real. It's literally a Soros NGO.

this 1991 episode is fucking hilarious

Phil Hartman as Frank Sinatra

>blabseal
Stream where?

Is this going to be the official live watch thread?

I googled the website and found it - says its streaming, but didn't look like it worked on Mac

The highlights are in chronological order:

1. Cold open
2. Opening monologue
3. First musical performance
4. Weekend Update

After Weekend Update is over you can then tune out. This is now casuals watch the show. Anything interesting will go "viral" and you can watch it on YouTube the following day.

And how many books have you authored

>After Weekend Update is over you can then tune out.
Nah. After Weekend Update is when they do stuff that isn't safe. It's when they take chances. It's when they get experimental. A lot of it doesn't work, but when it does work, it's way better than anything they did before Weekend Update.

Anybody know if blabseal is east coast?

>Trump's going down.

>Trump has no chance of winning any primaries
>Trump has no chance of winning the nomination
>Trump's convention was horrible, it's over
>Trump's Access Hollywood tape is his silver bullet
>Trump was awful in the debates
>Trump is down by 12 in the polls
>Hillary doesn't need white men to win
>Hillary barely thinking about Trump
>Trump losing in early voting
>It's 8pm on election night and Hillary is up in Florida, just call it already!
>Trump has no chance of turning Michigan and Pennsylvania, why did he even bother campaigning there!
>exit polls show Trump BTFO
>it's halftime and the Patriots are losing bigly! White supremacy BTFO
>Trump's going down in 2020!

>Aren't they milking it way too much?
yea

Its easy material to write.

Er, is this the thread we're using.

anybody got a stream for tonight?

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!

blabseal? i dont know if that's east coast

No. Always ctrl+f snl general in the catalog

holy shit my sides

Washed
up
dumpy
white
baldwins . . .
. . . . .

This show jumped the shark long ago

They love Trump for saving their below average humor

Former SNL Weekend Update host Norm Macdonald has referred to this era's SNL as "Agenda Comedy".

The cold open after the Hillary loss along with the Obama "Too Sir With Love" is outright propaganda.

Another cold open which as out of place was the children's choir after the Sandy Hook massacre.

I can't wait for Ghostbusters 2.

You are right but the other user was right about anything until 2010.

>only 4 years
>that Dunning Kreuger

The liberal salt train has no breaks

They gotta milk that cow before drumpf gets impeached