Cameron will blow all you haters out of the fucking water with his Avatar saga

Cameron will blow all you haters out of the fucking water with his Avatar saga.

You'll see.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDQtrSKGOUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some movies about following your obsessions for too long?

Mr Angier.

If he actually cared he would have built some of those for real.

I dont disagree, James Cameron definitely blows

The practical effects meme needs to die.

no u

That thing looked like such a cheap miniature whenever it was on screen.

I hope so

anything but all that stupid Disney bullshit

i hope everyone related in the production of new capeshit and star wars dies from a horrific death

>You'll see.
I probably won't, not in theaters anyway

At least it's actually there, unlike your computer generated memery.

>At least it's actually there

Is that supposed to be an excuse for something that looks like shit or what?

It's there and it looks good as opposed to not being there and looking like shit, I'd say it's a pretty good excuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=gDQtrSKGOUU

Except it's not looking good. Just being there isn't enough. Would you want every CGI extra in every movie replaced with Team America puppets? Because they are actually there you know. Would be much better right?

Well done CGI can look amazing.

I re-watched Avatar with friends tonight.
I really don't know where all the hate comes from.
Yeah, the story is simple and not very original. So what? It's a fun visual feast packed with action and emotion.

The problem is that as good as it may be, I can still tell it's CGI. Using it to enhance backgrounds is fine like they did in Titanic but it shouldn't be all up in your face. At least until it gets better.

I can also always tell when something is a model or miniature because the physics are off. You should be able to look beyond that.

I am. But of the two I think practical effects are superior.

could avatar 2 beat a SW movie if they open in the same weekend?

I can officially announce that i have been Avatold.

i have been putting off seeing it because i don't usually see movies just because of hype.

The movie was amazing, i felt immersed in the world, there were moments where i felt real sadness which is rare for me. the only other films which have done this to me ar UP! and Barry Lyndon.

When it was over and i walked out in to the car park, it was heartbreaking going from the beautiful visuals of Pandora to a concrete slab with hundreds of cars.

the drive home gave me time to gather my thoughts, in one word i describe Avatar as a Masterpiece.

Now i just hope my eyes recover soon, the hurt like a bitch....

Yes, miniatures never move convincingly. Practical effects are strictly for low budget now. I have nothing against them in that context (eg. Troma movies).

One of the spinoffs? Yes. One of the main saga movies? 100% overseas, maybe domestically.

>I really don't know where all the hate comes from.

Jealousy. People always ""hate"" what's popular. They think it makes them seem smarter than everyone else.

name one reason not to have a helicopter(like in OP) done practically