So it's universally agreed on that this movie is kino, right?

So it's universally agreed on that this movie is kino, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
youtube.com/watch?v=W3SLLEzkG8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah

Some people didn't enjoy it

communists aren't people

this.

Pretty good. The intro/backstory was good, the enemy kryptonians were based, and the final boss fight left me full and satiated like a surf n turf dinner. Kino definitely.

Fuck off Snyder.

You're fucking A right it is.

Every things great, better than BvS in my opinion although I loved that as well. Just all round good film and doesn't slack in the third act, while humanizing Superman in a way that never been done before.

Faora should have been cast as Major Kusanagi

Krypton opening was indeed Kino.

It has one of the better villains in cape film history, too.

what did he mean by this?

Minus "stop my invincible son" it's a great movie.

>DUDE FLYING BLACK DILDOS LMAO

And people wonder why MCEU BTFOs DC

in the 2003 jj abrams script, he described the kryptonian shit as "bizarrely sexual" i guess they reused parts of it

He means that Krypton is Superman's daddy. Earth is his mother.

Try to keep up.

What did zod do wrong exactly?

Let his zeal blind him to tolerance and compromise. He couldn't envision a future that didn't look exactly like his past. In a way, you could say his desire to remake Krypton blinded him to a potentially better, even brighter future with humanity.

In the final analysis, he nearly killed us all just trying to make Krypton great again.

Just watched this and BvS. Is Superman supposed to be the good guy because he's clearly not.

You're right. He's not the good guy. He's just a guy.

i fucking love the villains

I meant like he's obviously the bad guy. Seems like a dirty kryptonians answer to anything is murder.

he's the antagonist and protagonist

It's perfectly solid. Some stupid parts that detract from the overall thing, but still certainly watchable.

>what was I supposed to do? Just let them die?
>"maybe…"
The grey that you won't find in black and white marvel movies.

>*walks into hurricane*
>alien he adopted goes on to commit mass murder

It's let down singularly by the Pa Kent death scene. Without it the movie would be 10/10 without a doubt.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the scene can be excised from the movie (in a hypothetical fan edit) without any negative effect on the rest of the movie.

>Civil War
>"sometimes you just can't save everyone"

>And people wonder why MCEU BTFOs DC
Isn't DC doing better in every other medium ?

Nope, it was garbage, and the people who talk about how great this capeshit DC is are also trash.

> we've had a son, Krypton's first natural birth in centuries
Many elements of the Krypton sequence are supposed to look phallic and suggest sexual activities. The architecture, the mother ship wrapping around the tower, the flying dildos that penetrate into the mother ship, the mother ship going into the phantom zone, etc. are supposed to look sexual

>Snyder doesn’t cheapen the “S” emblazoned on Superman’s chest. “In my world it means ‘Hope’” Kal-El says. That’s a significant difference from The Dark Knight trilogy’s nihilism. The fight against Zod is primarily ethical (“You have developed a sense of morality and we have not–which gives us an evolutionary advantage. If history has taught us anything, it’s that evolution always wins.”) Yet as Snyder envisions this battle, realism stays in scale with awe—something science can’t measure.

>Thanks to Zack Snyder’s artistry, Man of Steel is The Godfather of superhero movies.

Hans Zimmers god tier score makes it Kino. Along with Snyders prophetic cinematography.

kill yoself my man

source?

word

I don't care what is consider good or not but the movie gives me feels and I love it very much.

>he can't handle the truth

when did you make the lifestyle choice to start sucking cocks this much?

It's goes

Spider-Man 2
Watchmen
BvS
MoS
I won't count the Batman serials at all since they're pretty much a tv show.

ignoring all the symbolism and politics and theology in the film, it is just hugely emotionally powerful

triumphant is the only word to describe it

Good list, but I'd add Burton's Batman and put Spiderman 1 over Spiderman 2

that part where he overcomes the World Engine, I don't know why but man, it felt powerful, like he became the best of both worlds.

>the same people who call you dumb for liking Snyder films praise children flicks

>Talking about sucking cocks while posting Activated Almond White.

Seems accurate, except for Episode 2.

Kid, Episode II was GOAT for its special effects.

my biggest gripe with this movie was the superman vs the metallic tentacle battle near the end which even shrieked for some reason. that was fucking retarded, mostly everything else is good though

Capeshit needs to die.

It's the only way we get quality westerns back, bro.

woah...

yeah screaming and flying into things sure is "emotional"

What's the issue?

>Kid

I saw it in theaters when I was 19, you ignorant faggot. The special effects were just alright, and like there were a lot of things in the prequels that just looked very bad.

KINO

It is in context

>I saw it in theaters when I was 19
You will rightfully be tried as an adult, but teenagers are kids regardless, faggot.

damn...
quints of truth.

that's the character development you get in a Snyder flick.

Fuck off with your dead memes

wtf I hate star wars now

this desu.

some faggot made MoS thread every day about a year ago

Based Adi.

every scene with russell crowe was pointless and just made for the trailer, since that's all snyder knows how to make

Any human will do the same in his shoes. (See colonisation of America).

this.

the trailer for this movie is amazing. shame about the movie.

Seems legit.

>yet everyone is saved anyways

>>everyone is saved anyways
>>look, Man of Steel, this is how you saving everyone according to Avengers Age of Ultron
years later
>>Captain America Civil War
>>uhh, you remember scenes where Avengers saved everyone, welp they didn't, h-here some footage from previous movies

>uhh, you remember scenes where Avengers saved everyone, welp they didn't, h-here some footage from previous movies

even if was a masterpiece jew luthor would single handedly make it shit

Every other medium aint got shit on movie money

1O 1O mASTERPIECE

Every single piece of Kryptonian tech looked like a vagina or dick

yet you pleb can only point out this scene as some glaring mistake?/oversight? i dont get your thougt

do you just think its funny? does them being dicks make them bad? would that not be the natural shape of a upright humanoid

>no one dies
>Cap receives no punishment
>sends a nice letter saying "See you in the next Avengers movie, Tony"

true moral quandaries

I think Tim Burton should return to DC and direct super metaphorical and delusional Batman film ever. Like that sequence in Court of Owls where Batman was on drugs.

Also I'd like to see Sam Raimi direct project that includes Deathstroke, Vulko, Commissioner Gordon, also cast Toby as a villain-asshole and Alfred Molina as a good guy, basically inverse Spider-Man.

The first 20 minutes is some of the best opening to a film I have ever seen

i wonder why nobody flipped their shit over that statement? oh yea cos itz muhvel

I think that Snyder has brought back the aesthetics and characteristics from the German Expressionist era of silent film by using comics as a visual medium. German Expressionism is described, by a popular blog, as "a film movement that emphasizes on the expression of inner thoughts or emotions through the control of stylistic elements. German Expressionist films are therefore notable for their dark themes of insanity, horror, death and fatality that translate prevalently into the film’s mise-en-scene and narrative." Many themes of German Expressionism included, nature, religion, war, betryal and urban life. From Wikipedia, "the first Expressionist films...were highly symbolic and stylized." Now typically, old German Expressionist films used contrasting shadows and distorted images to warp reality and tell a story through images.
I think that Snyder's work is heavily influenced by that to the point where he does not use distorted images or shadows to tell his story but uses the images off of the pages of comics as a medium to tell a story. People today (not bashing critics) are more used to conventional theatrical aesthetics like dialogue and realistic characterization. However, what people miss is that Snyder in his films tries to convey a metaphorical message through the images themselves. I do not think that his visuals are simply a spectacle but that they serve a purpose in developing a story. The first German Expressionist films were characterized with little to no dialogue for the main characters and they only had simple facial expressions to convey inner turmoil and emotion, however shortly after Expressionist films became popular people thought that the idea of no dialogue and only facial expressions to develop a character was boring and the idea was soon abandoned. I think that is what Snyder has tried to do this with his characters, to develop them beyond what they say to how they look and what they do.

i remember you. you're the worst. you have an actual personality disorder right?

You can't please everyone but I think it's kino.

Not memeing at all...

My wife and I watched this a couple years after it came out, not knowing any opinions on it, and were both completely shocked it wasn't universally praised as the greatest comic book movie of all time. I couldn't believe when I saw how negatively it was received. What a bunch of plebs...

Yes, and?

>claims to be married
>posts on Sup Forums and uses the word pleb
Your "wife" is a pillow, isn't she?

K I N O W A

Honestly the movie is worth watching just for Superman's first flight
youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

Birthing imagery throughout the movie, culminating in the birth of Superman at the end of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=W3SLLEzkG8c

>I'll ask Sup Forums about man of steel being """kino"""
>again

I think Sup Forums likes it overall, but admits its heavily flawed.