BWHAHAHAHAHAH what the fuck did I just see?

BWHAHAHAHAHAH what the fuck did I just see?
You're kidding, right? This is "The Film of All Films"? The movie that has simply just passed by me my entire life from merchandise to inspired content to music videos and beyond?
A fucking borefest? Don't get me wrong. The concept is cool. But that's it.
I can't find ONE good thing about this film other than the genuine laughs of how cheesy it was. I don't know. Do the sequel make up for how bad this was?

I'm fucking redpilled now. This is the shittiest film I have ever seen.

Reeve's best work just premiered. I suggest you watch it.

If the Matrix is the shittiest film you've ever seen, I feel bad for anyone who watches a movie with you.

No no no. Memes aside. Defend the fucking movie because I don't know how fucking bluepilled can you be.

>ahahahahaha people thought this video game from 1999 had good graphics? lmao fucking retards what the hell

really gets the ole noodle workin

I'm not defending it. It sucks. It's still not possibly the worst movie you could've seen to this date. If it is, you haven't watched many movies.

>This is "The Film of All Films"?
No. It never was. It's never going to be.

It's just an ok film that your shitty philosophy teacher used to get you into "mental stuff"

>D-Do I fit in now...?

>Am I controversial yet guys? P-pls give me attention.

Can I get a wew lad?

woo lad

How old are you? The Matrix isn't that good but it's embarrassing to admit to finally seeing it.

>just watched The Matrix in 2017

wew lad

>I dislike a movie
>>>lol he's trying to fit in!!! XDDD
20. I just never bothered watching it until now and I regret it.

you're free to dislike it

you're just retarded for not being able to understand that things age

you also massively exaggerate how much people liked the matrix

basically you're a retard

>guns
badass
>trench coat
badass
>sunglasses
badass
>kung fu
badass

etc. then there's a dystopian future where robots rule the world. there's hackers. trinity in tight leather. i'm struggling to remember anything bad about this movie

No, I just don't understand the hype(that existed at all) around this or how this movie got a sequel. I really don't understand how this movie became a hit because it's fucking horrible.

My only guess is that people had lower standards back then but I need a real answer.

>2017
>hating on the matrix

your parents have failed you. pray for their souls

It probably seems cheesy to you because most of the actions films since then have been so heavily influenced by it.

When's the last time you seen it? Maybe it's your nostalgia glasses?

Seeing it for the first time in 2017 will make you hate this film more than ever

I think the film would have been much better with better acting, design, cinematography and music.

Because the matrix taps into a feeling. A feeling that we do not quite know why we are here and how. Have you ever heard of the "simulation theory" it has a lot of backing from many scientists. The matrix made people think especially before the mass production of technological devices such as the iPhone where one can retrieve any information at any time. The matrix also makes one know that the mind. The power of consciousness is the most powerful thing on earth and that one can control an outcome an action with his mind and or commitment. Aside from that it is a good action film. Good fighting sequences aswell as good Actor's for example Lawrence Fishburn. The matrix thought outside the box. Placed itself In a box and destroyed that box as you watched it through your electronic box at home

Of course I fucking know about the simulation theory. That didn't make the film good and I personally don't believe in it.

Yeah it aged terribly, much like its makers

>Trying to reason with an attention-whoring edgy permavirgin gay kid.

>I'm fucking redpilled now

good touch brother

good touch

I'm surprised none of you ignorant ass bitches touched on this subject

>i'm a 14 year old weeb who wears a fedora and fingerless gloves: the post

I'm literally watching this right now, thinking to myself how much better this has aged tha. The similarly-dated Phantom Menace

you've just gotta kill yourself my man

You,sir,are an moron.
This flick literally opened up doors for many movies later on you probably consider kino.
Every movie after Matrix at least tried to surpass over the top action scenes.
I think you are bait and won't lose anymore time on you.
Fuck,I'm triggered.
Jurrasic Park,Matrix,Saving Private Ryan-them movies changed staled Hollywood blockbuster recipe, they may not be so good now but movies(blockbusters) would be even shitter without them.

I hated it '99 and hated when I gave it another shot years later.

Worst film ever? Nah, come on.

But holy shit people really did shit their pants over it, for a movie that was barely okay and totally forgettable.

You're taking my message wrong. Like I said, I think the concept is cool and I thank it for being an influence to many other films.

However, this film by itself in my opinion is really bad. I personally think if it had a reboot with very well done acting and cinematography then it could be much better.

>you also massively exaggerate how much people liked the matrix

not him but it was fucking huge, one of the most popular movies of the 90s

>BWHAHAHAHAHAH

Doing this shit offends me more than anything your post could possibly imply

>I'm a faggot: OP's life story
>by OP

i thought it was a dull piece of shit for years

saw cloud atlas WOOOW and realized it was exactly the same as this acid trip i had

rewatched the matrix this week and it was unironically thrilling

its such an amazing culmination of sci-fi concepts and meticulous cinematography with perfect pacing

neo is the ultimate self insert hero

look up "the heroes journey"

but dude it's like so deep bro

i saw it when it came out and i've rewatched it every couple of years. i've introduced the movie to many first time viewers (young and college age adults) and none of them hate it. the only people who hate it are edgy 4channers and people without an ounce of philosophical thought.

This is some really bad bait. Damn. Shame you can't delete this thread.

>better design
>better cinematography
confirmed for knowing jack shit about movies, these were two areas in which the matrix excelled

theres been a slew of threads lately about how shit the matrix supposedly is, either stop trying to force your shit meme, or stop trying to fit in with your forced contrarianism which doesn't bear scrutiny

Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed a thread bashing the matrix, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Maybe from today's standpoint, but trust me,there was nothing like Matrix until then, movie literally rebooted "going to cinema" as the thing to do.
VHS was still primary medium and people rented tapes back then,DVD slowly showing its face(think it was ps2 as DVD player era,and Matrix as first mayor DVD).

As for acting and scripts, also, people were mesmerized, Twister being other "blockbuster" at that time so you can compare the two.
Sorry, its like shitting on Charlie Chaplin, he is not funny to anyone ,he is actually downwriright boring and stupid but no one can take away the fact that he is the father of comedy.
Sorry, you are just wrong.
On any aspect, from acting to idiotic lines actors had,movie is still fairly watcheable, only thing ruining it from being next LOTR or even shitty SW are dumb sequels,otakus who cried:"they stole muh anime" and purely the fact that everyone wanted a piece of pie so better movies were made almost the moment credits Dan off

Off yourself underaged cuck.