They cast a black man as L

>they cast a black man as L

Is there any hope this movie won't be shit.

>movie

It's an American adaptation of an anime - of course it'll be shit. Even Edge of Tomorrow was crap.

That was an anime?

It is a movie you cock do some research.

Well no, since it's already based on shit source material

Mango.

We all knew the GOYIM Hollywood would ruin at least one aspect of the adaptation (black agenda)

But goddammit look at this. Based Dafoe as ryuk? Just take my money!

Pros:
GOAT source material
Margaret Qualley a cute!
Willem Dafoe

Cons:
nigger
western adaptation of asian media
literal who director
literal who screenwriters

A nigger is always a coon

wouldn't the source material have to be good first?

>Manga
FTF(Y)

The is the possibility that the black guy is a red herring and L was using him to test how does Kira kills since he suspects he needs to know the face of the victim.

But that's just too smart to be real.

My guess is this will be another mixed bag looking at the directors filmography and lukewarm casting.

In the end it will come down to how faithful it stays to the source, though it doesn't look too hopeful for obvious reasons.

Why does it matter if hes black?

If he can nail the character, that's the most important thing.

The mango is GOAT, plebs
(the anime is mostly the same as the book but I think the manga handle near and mello better)

a black man can't be smart enough to be L, obviously

I'm trying to imagine a black man curling in a chair while eating a strawberry cake while trying to look as creepy as possible.

It can't be done.

it really isn't, only because it's part of your childhood doesn't make it good

>tfw to smart to be a white man

le intelligent egalitarian face

I like how white people go use every feat of mental gymnastics to justify Scarlett Johanson as Major, but a black guy can't be L in an American adaptation that's set in the US.

>it's another anime/manga that goes on for twice as long as it should and kills any charm it had with tedium and irrelevant filler

>The manga is GOAT, plebs (the anime is mostly the same as the book but I think the manga handle near and mello better)
FTF(Y)

>white people
>scarlet jewhanson

It's entirely possible, and I wish it turns out how you say. It would actually make alot of sense. You have to wonder just how far the movie will go. Did they plan sequel, a triliogy?. If so I hope the red herring is what's going on here.

I'm not an extremist egalitarian, there's clearly a distribution of IQ and it differs race to race. But seriously, answer my question.

This, really..
They should have gotten a Korean American or Japanese American

It lags for a long time after L dies but I enjoyed the ending.

only shit anime and manga get adapted anyway

you don't see them try to make a live action american version of Evangelion or any other actual classics

you get Dragon Ball, GiTS, Death Note and Battle Meme Alita

A nigger can't accurately portray a white or Asian because he's a nigger

It's an adaptation of the story Sup Forums.

The thing that gets me the most is watari is asian. Like really, might as well make him an old white butler if you're gonna make L a nig

>death note
>shit

>evangelion
>classic

lol. nge is fucking average at best. death note is a masterpiece

It would look retarded no matter who plays the character because the actual character acts autistic.

why can't a black man do that?

then it's not an accurate portrayal of the character but a different role entirely

You do realize most of the cast isn't Asian right? So why aren't you complain about that?

It's an adaption for the US market Sup Forums.

eng is trash and is only talked about for its waifus and being a mistake.

He's not trying to portray a white or Asian person, he's trying to portray L.

this is just as wrong as a white actor portraying a black character

prove me wrong

you can't

the nigger just stands out the most as obvious jewelry pandering, that's why the rest isn't really discussed.

Yeah, they should have cast actual unknown or up and coming actors that are Japanese or Korean American or of Asian descendant and keep Willem Dafoe.

No, because it's an adaption. Asians have adapted American source material before and changed the races and the setting to Asian.

Meanwhile Jew major is a okay. The eternal Anglo shall one day be dealt with.

And guess what L is dickhead, you may as well hire a woman or a child with that warped reasoning
This adaptation is clearly a piece of shit for an easy cash grab

So basically, you're just upset that there is a black person in the show.

I'm currently rewatching Evengelion, starting from the very beginning.
Goddamn this shit is hard to watch.
All the characters are annoying as fuck and have no redeeming qualities or likable traits.
Shenji is a whiny bitch, his father is the stock 'badguy who's an asshole to his son for literally no reason', Misato is a braindead slut literally just there for fanservice, Rei is autistic as fuck, but somehow is suposed to come off as 'deep and brooding'.
Yea, no. Fuck this shit.
Only the slightly above average animation keeps this from being complete garbage.

Jew major was never ok. Just Google the hundreds of articles ridiculing the choices.

>This adaptation is clearly a piece of shit for an easy cash grab
No shit, there's only been one Manga adaption. But if you're gonna complain about the black L, you should complain about the white guy playing Light. Complaining about either is fucking retarded though.

That's the problem;

Shallow manga characters have no character beyond how they look. L is a nobody, just a vessel for deviantart ships.

Light has character and there is nothing else notable about him. L has no character and exists only as a plot device for Light.

It's called shit writers, nothing new.

and it's still better than Death Note
Kinda amazing

No she's not okay, and I hope the movie does terrible and is müll

>And guess what L is dickhead

A series of attributes, one being skin color, but not the defining part of the character. Putting a black man as the king of England in the 16th century is bad, but i don't think there's anything wrong with this casting decision, provided he can property perform the part.

I said most obvious, doesn't mean the rest of the cast is ok. If It were up to me I'd have an Asian cast, same with gits.

You're fucking retarded and the adaptation is degraded further for the casting

>one good Manga adaption

>If It were up to me I'd have an Asian cast
Ya, an all Asian cast set in the US. What are you, retarded?

If you want an all Asian adaptation of Death Note set in Asia, what the movies.

>implying a live action anime movie can be good

They should cast a black man as N.

>Even Edge of Tomorrow was crap.
That movie was great, fuck off.

>all these people born after 1996 praising death note

>Asian Americans
Ftfy

Tell me in an adaption is it OK to completely change the appearances of almost 100% of the characters from the source material? You might has well change the name of the movie and premise while you're at it. There's nothing left of value to the source, it's a cash grab.

So, why aren't you complaining about this adaptation?

>Tell me in an adaption is it OK to completely change the appearances of almost 100% of the characters from the source material?
Yes, because it's a fucking adaptation.

It's a remake for the US.

>it's a cash grab.
It's a fucking cash grab the minute you try to make a movie based on anything popular.

>Battle Meme Alita
I'm sorry that it existed before you were born and you feel insecure about it.

But black men don't play autistic well...

fuck off Jim
it's garbage, get over it

He better have white make up and a wig or I will be genuinely upset.

L is supposed to be a shut in, being pale in appearance. Not some BBC nigger who parties all night like a monkey.

It's a flick at best.

>movie set in america
>wtf theres blacks in it?!?!

white people "logic"

>muh adaptation
A good adaptation is Apocalypse Now. Portraying close to the same characters with the same intention and outcome within a different setting, maybe with a spin if you can pull it off. Having L played by a nigger is like having Kurtz portrayed by any old faggot. They are very distinctive characters and require specific casting.

>a shut in is the greatest detective around

Even Monk and Sherlock make more sense

>Not the first post from this IP.

So there is only one way to do an adaptation?

>Not the first post from this IP.

So do you routinely complain about when Asians remake American movies?

It's based on Japanese children's cartoons so it would have never been good to begin with.

Like an emo being the world's smartest detective is any more realistic

>implying you can prove it

First movie

>introduction of death note and its possibilities
>we are introduced to 'L'
>Light explores the potential of death note and meets Ryuk
>'L' keeps using his analytical mind to pursue Light
>'L' dies in front of everyone via Light's writing
>Real L starts to speak from the screen behind 'L' and reveals that since 'L' died, the killer cannot be outside that city

Why do black people like anime so much? It seems to go against their macho thug lifestyle?

IT'S OKAY WHEN JAPAN DOES IT BECAUSE I AM A WEEB

>greatest deductive reasoner on earth
>black

I think that's the problem, because of the bell curve it's just really implausible.

margaret qualley is a repulsive shit head

has she been anything other than intentionally unpleasant in her entire "career"?

I'm upset..

T. Not white

>show is set in Japan
>L is the only white guy
>plenty of gooks to fulfill the "diversity" quota
>lol let's set it in amercia instead and cast L as a black guy instead because there's not enough diversity

kill yourself

So were you also upset about Scarlett Johanson playing Major?

>not the first post from this IP.

It's set in the US so that it appeals beat to the US market, you idiot.

And again, why don't you complain about when Asians remake American source material?

It was a light novel first, about 10 years before it was a manga. Pretty sure the only reason the manga even exists is because of the movie.

L Isn't white retard, he just doesn't get out much.

wait how do you see it

Wow, I can't believe those fucking pandering Chinks remade an American movie and removed a proud white man and replaced him with a shit skin chink

Where's the outrage?

Yes I did get upset

I was. Hollywood likes to take Japanese media then adapt it with non-Japanese characters because they know it won't sale in the West, then they turn around and put niggers in everything and push #OscarsSoWhite, then when one of those movies flop they blame it on racism